9164 replies to this topic

#8851 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

I think they retconned Neptune King and Neptuneman's backstory. Neptune Man said he was one of the Perfect Huge Numbers before the Tag Arc. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the new backstory was that Neptune King was the first Huge Number, but got kicked out for being too arrogant, and they sent Neptune Man to rehabilitate him, check to see if he's overcome his arrogance by being subservient and to return him to the fold if he can redeem himself.

Also, weren't Silverman and Goldman also Gods who followed The Man? They were, as far as I remember, then followed by Justiceman later.

Yes, you're right about the Retcon stuff. Neptune King did just turn out be a regular Perfect, so presumably it was the Man that transformed Quarrelman into Neptune? Or one of the other Origins? It was Mirageman who turned Sadaharu into Nemesis after all.

I just want to make sure I understand how Chojins are created and who has the power to make them.

Regarding Silverman and Goldman, I always thought they were the first Chojin the gods created and The Man was the only God to sacrifice his status to become leader of the Chojin. Only chapter summary I can find online is http://josukeban.tum...t/114251243613, but sure there was another one about it.

Unless this was expanded on later? It seems Masatako had to take all of his Japanese raws down and Planetman has just finished Vol 50.

Edited by Kanji, 03 July 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#8852 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

Edit:

As a side note. Now that Tiger Mask W has ended and Kinnikuman is continuing, Toei really need to pick this damn series up again for an adaption!!

I feel like I need to start a petition. 210 chapters would give us atleast a solid 70 episodes of fillerless content.

OK, it would only run 18 months, which probably isn't enough time to rake in enough from merchandise, etc, but Bandai are already doing well with their figure line.

We've been steadily getting 4 volumes (40 chapters) a year for the past 5 years. Another 2 and a bit years and Yude will hit 300 chapters some time around the 40th anniversary!!

Please make it happen!!

#8853 bigladiesman

bigladiesman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Many, but I consider myself to be the only guy in the world who admires two Atarus.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

After reading Planetman's translation of the latest episode, I think Proteus' prediction about some kind of a Civil War between chojin of diverse affiliations is on its way to be completely spot on. We can't forget Kinnikuman is still a superhero spoof...

Edited by bigladiesman, 03 July 2017 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

El Show de la sopa de bou!

Sóc molt fort i el meu nom és Musculator, menjo molta carn perquè m'agraaaaaadaaaaaa MOLT!!!

#8854 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

After reading Planetman's translation of the latest episode, I think Proteus' prediction about some kind of a Civil War between chojin of diverse affiliations is on its way to be completely spot on. We can't forget Kinnikuman is still a superhero spoof...

It seems I was pretty spot on with my whole "True Devil" prediction. It seems the 13 Devils under Shogun were just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Satans army. Maybe we will finally see Chojin who aren't susceptible to the Seigi's Friendship Power, and a foe that Suguru realises can't be reasoned with or defeated with "Love".

That would be a nice twist. It'd also like to see some relationships between these devils and the old ones. Like a terrified Ashuraman remembering the horror of watching his people slayed by one of them in the demon realm. Or the introduction of a sibling of Buffaloman who is much stronger.

The hype is real!!

#8855 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

Can you link me to this?

#8856 bigladiesman

bigladiesman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Many, but I consider myself to be the only guy in the world who admires two Atarus.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

It seems I was pretty spot on with my whole "True Devil" prediction. It seems the 13 Devils under Shogun were just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Satans army. Maybe we will finally see Chojin who aren't susceptible to the Seigi's Friendship Power, and a foe that Suguru realises can't be reasoned with or defeated with "Love".

That would be a nice twist. It'd also like to see some relationships between these devils and the old ones. Like a terrified Ashuraman remembering the horror of watching his people slayed by one of them in the demon realm. Or the introduction of a sibling of Buffaloman who is much stronger.

The hype is real!!

To be fair, I only remebered Proteus' prediction. Sorry for missing yours, Kanji  :(

And the hype is very real. 

- Will we see a Satan-possessed Robin, much in the vein of Warsman's bief return to the zangyaku ways in his initial appearance on the Scramble For The Throne arc? (Robin will get better, of course. I mean, it's Robin Mask!). 

- Will Buffaloman take the chance to avange his impalement on Satan's hands? Or will he be poseessed by Satan again (like on that Sword of Justice filler arc...)?

- Will Geronimo's mourning and self-loathing for Robin's death take their toll?

- Will Meat find another young chojin to help?Will he consider Harabote's suggestion in the first episode after all?

- Will we see absent chojins like Ataru or even Wolfman/Riikishiman again? (To be fair, I'm pretty eager to see Kinkotsuman, Iwao or Nachiguron doing a cameo :p ).

Edited by bigladiesman, 04 July 2017 - 11:00 AM.

Posted Image

Sóc molt fort i el meu nom és Musculator, menjo molta carn perquè m'agraaaaaadaaaaaa MOLT!!!

#8857 bigladiesman

bigladiesman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

Can you link me to this?

Here

http://herculesfactory.tumblr.com/

In the last few pages, there's a panel where Satan utters something that can be interpreted as what you predicted several months ago.

Posted Image

#8858 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Here

http://herculesfactory.tumblr.com/

In the last few pages, there's a panel where Satan utters something that can be interpreted as what you predicted several months ago.

Thanks dude.

#8859 Kingmuscle

Kingmuscle

Author of Samurai King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nisei, Anime, Video Games, Hangin with my friends,

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

if you make a petition ill sign Kanji wouldn't mind seeing the original anime get added to Crunchyroll and for a continuation to happen XD

Kid Muscle: No Way It Can't Be Is That You Dad? I Thought For Sure I'd Be Matched Up With Some Big Time Legend Like Warsman or Neptuneman I Can't Fight You Dad!

King Muscle: I'll Have You Know I've Beaten Both Warsman And Neptuneman But That Was Back When My Stomach Didnt Resemble A Taffy Pool!

SilverMillenuumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek! Join Us Today!

#8860 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:27 AM

if you make a petition ill sign Kanji wouldn't mind seeing the original anime get added to Crunchyroll and for a continuation to happen XD

The original anime was kinda stupid and focused more on childish comedy and Family Guy-style cut-away gags.

#8861 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

The original anime was kinda stupid and focused more on childish comedy and Family Guy-style cut-away gags.

There was filler for sure, with all the Kinkotsuman, Iwao & Gobugari skits and Nakano-san and Yoshigai banter. Also the strained relationship between Mayumi and Harabote is regularly exaggerated. I found a lot of that stuff entertaining actually. Along with the recurring theme of Suguru's love for Gyudon, and "push of my farts" catch phrase "He no tsuppari wa Iran desu yo!".

Sure, they could give it the Kai treatment and cut it down to a more canon adaption, but I think in order to appeal to a broader audience they'd need to retain some goofiness in any future iteration.

I've just started re-watching it actually, starting at the Golden Mask arc to remind myself of the Satan connection.

#8862 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

This week's chapter is up!! A familiar face has returned!! I can barely contain myself!!

https://bookstore.ya.../shoshi-793095/

Edited by Kanji, 09 July 2017 - 09:28 AM.

#8863 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG! 

#8864 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

Oh shit yes! Still hoping Neptune King shows up as well, it's worth noting that Omegaman and Neptune King used to be on the same side, so I think this might be Neptune King's perfect Chojin making a move. Didn't Omegaman have a Devil tail? Looks better without it, though.

I'm also kinda hoping that Wolfman fights and wins a match against a strong opponent. I hope Geronimo wins a fight as well later.

Also, what's with those guards stopping people from going near the Cathedral? Interested in learning what's going on with the Cathedral, but it looks like it's being used for it's intended purpose, as revealed by Psychoman, as a Chojin training academy or something. I'm just wondering if it's in the control of the Perfects or not.

There are also some Ginyu Force Tier poses being struck by Omegaman's cohorts on the last page there.

Edited by Evil Lord Proteus, 09 July 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#8865 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Oh shit yes! Still hoping Neptune King shows up as well, it's worth noting that Omegaman and Neptune King used to be on the same side, so I think this might be Neptune King's perfect Chojin making a move. Didn't Omegaman have a Devil tail? Looks better without it, though.

I'm also kinda hoping that Wolfman fights and wins a match against a strong opponent. I hope Geronimo wins a fight as well later.

Also, what's with those guards stopping people from going near the Cathedral? Interested in learning what's going on with the Cathedral, but it looks like it's being used for it's intended purpose, as revealed by Psychoman, as a Chojin training academy or something. I'm just wondering if it's in the control of the Perfects or not.

There are also some Ginyu Force Tier poses being struck by Omegaman's cohorts on the last page there.

I thought The Omegaman was a bounty hunter for Chojin Enma, who we now know to be Strong The Budo/The Man.

If you recall, when he first appeared in chapter 209, he destroyed Budo's Shinai. To me this signifies the severing of ties with the Perfects.

I expect he is now aligned with Satan, and leading the "New Devils".

Edited by Kanji, 09 July 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#8866 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

I thought The Omegaman was a bounty hunter for Chojin Enma, who we now know to be Strong The Budo/The Man.

If you recall, when he first appeared in chapter 209, he destroyed Budo's Shinai. To me this signifies the severing of ties with the Perfects.

I expect he is now aligned with Satan, and leading the "New Devils".

Omegaman was also affiliated with Neptune King's Perfect Chojin before becoming Enma's Bounty Hunter. I'm thinking the hooded figure who destroyed The Man's Shinai may have been Neptune King if it wasn't Omegaman.

One thing I'd like to see happen is for Neptune King to either team up with his old teacher Psychoman, or to fight and beat him. Beating Psychoman should be a really impressive feat and would be a good way to show he means business and is a threat.

Edited by Evil Lord Proteus, 09 July 2017 - 12:06 PM.

#8867 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Omegaman was also affiliated with Neptune King's Perfect Chojin before becoming Enma's Bounty Hunter. I'm thinking the hooded figure who destroyed The Man's Shinai may have been Neptune King if it wasn't Omegaman.

One thing I'd like to see happen is for Neptune King to either team up with his old teacher Psychoman, or to fight and beat him. Beating Psychoman should be a really impressive feat and would be a good way to show he means business and is a threat.

My bad, I didn't know Neptune King and The Omegaman had a relationship prior. And do we think Psychoman will return? Was he not erased by the dumbbells? I suppose anything can happen in Kinnikuman.

#8868 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Oh, right, I forgot about the erasure thing...

EDIT - btw, didn't people get "erased" in the throne arc when their pages from the book were destroyed? I recall they came back after that...

Edited by Evil Lord Proteus, 09 July 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#8869 bigladiesman

bigladiesman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

To be fair, I only remebered Proteus' prediction. Sorry for missing yours, Kanji  :(

And the hype is very real. 

- Will we see a Satan-possessed Robin, much in the vein of Warsman's bief return to the zangyaku ways in his initial appearance on the Scramble For The Throne arc? (Robin will get better, of course. I mean, it's Robin Mask!). 

- Will Buffaloman take the chance to avange his impalement on Satan's hands? Or will he be poseessed by Satan again (like on that Sword of Justice filler arc...)?

- Will Geronimo's mourning and self-loathing for Robin's death take their toll?

- Will Meat find another young chojin to help?Will he consider Harabote's suggestion in the first episode after all?

- Will we see absent chojins like Ataru or even Wolfman/Riikishiman again? (To be fair, I'm pretty eager to see Kinkotsuman, Iwao or Nachiguron doing a cameo :p ).

At last! I guessed something! And he's paying a visit to my home city!

Visca en Westerman!

[In our anime dub, Wolfman was called Westerman and that's how fans here still know him. 24 years of being a fan creates habits].

Posted Image

#8870 Kinnikufan89

Kinnikufan89

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

After the epic conclusion to the previous arc I really wasn't sure what could get me sufficiently hyped for a new one and then Omegaman showed up.  His Catastrophe Drop is one of my favorite moves from the Throne Arc and I really look forward to meeting his friends now.  I kinda hope they're all new characters (the 5 that show up with him, at least) and that maybe Neptune King is around but not yet present.  After all, it still seems that either he or The Man were among the founders of the d.M.p. and I feel like it was the former given the latter's face turn.

#8871 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

After the epic conclusion to the previous arc I really wasn't sure what could get me sufficiently hyped for a new one and then Omegaman showed up.  His Catastrophe Drop is one of my favorite moves from the Throne Arc and I really look forward to meeting his friends now.  I kinda hope they're all new characters (the 5 that show up with him, at least) and that maybe Neptune King is around but not yet present.  After all, it still seems that either he or The Man were among the founders of the d.M.p. and I feel like it was the former given the latter's face turn.

I think there is Zero chance of The Man being anywhere near the d.M.p let alone being involved in it's founding. The d.M.p was full of the worst scum ever.

#8872 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

I just want to know how the hell this actually fits in with Nisei now. Its almost like Nisei was erased due to the time traveling which also caused this new series of events. BTW I would flip out if one of these 5 new characters with Omegaman was based on a 3rd Gen chojin from the board!

#8873 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

I just want to know how the hell this actually fits in with Nisei now. Its almost like Nisei was erased due to the time traveling which also caused this new series of events. BTW I would flip out if one of these 5 new characters with Omegaman was based on a 3rd Gen chojin from the board!

I was under the impression that they were heading towards linking the two up. This whole invasion thing was mentioned in Nisei multiple times, which is why I predicted it would happen. There is still over a decade in-between Resurrection and Nisei, as well.

Another thing I am suspecting is the separation of Goldman and "General Terror".

Also, does anyone else find it so fitting that Omegaman is now a Devil? I always thought he felt like more of a Devil Chojin, ya know?

#8874 TheRealLordJaguar

TheRealLordJaguar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

I was under the impression that they were heading towards linking the two up. This whole invasion thing was mentioned in Nisei multiple times, which is why I predicted it would happen. There is still over a decade in-between Resurrection and Nisei, as well.

Another thing I am suspecting is the separation of Goldman and "General Terror".

Also, does anyone else find it so fitting that Omegaman is now a Devil? I always thought he felt like more of a Devil Chojin, ya know?

I like him more as a mercenary, siding with the highest bidder but having been born a "devil"

#8875 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

I like him more as a mercenary, siding with the highest bidder but having been born a "devil"

Might explain the Devil tail he used to have. He did have one right? I didn't imagine or dream it?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com