14 replies to this topic

#1 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:01 AM

I have just one a lot of 18 individually sealed Mini Boglins (original colours, Italian packaging) on ebay. (230229411005)

Waiting for them to arrive but i am contemplating wether or not i should open them. I know that they wont have any sculpts in i dont have in but they will have cards and leaflets in (in Italian :lol: ).

I do really wanna open the as i havent opened brand new mini boglins for years but then again once they are opened they will just be like the rest of my collection and not so special. I have boxed mini boglins but they arent sealed and the boxes are card so can be easily opened and closed, these individual ones are in a bag like a little chrisp packet and once its opened it is pretty much ruined.

has anyone opened stuff and regreted it? should i just get it over with and tear open the packets as soon as the postie delivers them?
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#2 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:10 AM

How many you got, i say open half and keep the other half nice and safe in a box with a lock and chains and put it in a bigger safe and then chuck the safe into a pond then freeze the pond so you cant open them!
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#3 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:56 AM

If you're getting 18 of them I wouldn't worry about opening at least 1 of them. Personally I'd look into opening 3-8 leaving me a nice even number and then see if there was a way to display the remaining ones.

#4 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, open a few and leave the rest on card.

#5 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

i once opened a can of whoop ass and i never regretted that, but when i opened a can of worms it was a whole different kettle of fish
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#6 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

d'oh - I forgot to bid on that!!! nice score :rolleyes:

I agree with most of the above, open a couple. I have a pretty large set of Italian cards, I'll scan a couple and post them here tomorrow...

Edited by matthewf1tz, 15 March 2008 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

#7 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

d'oh - I forgot to bid on that!!! nice score :rolleyes:

I agree with most of the above, open a couple. I have a pretty large set of Italian cards, I'll scan a couple and post them here tomorrow...

quality mate! that is mainly what i am interested in as i havent seen the italian cards before. think i might open a couple anyway but definatley not all of them.

do you own all the boglins on the toypedia site?
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#8 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

quality mate! that is mainly what i am interested in as i havent seen the italian cards before. think i might open a couple anyway but definatley not all of them.

here you go:

Attached File  miniboglins_001.jpg   133.77K   40 downloads

The only real difference on the front is the language but the back is pretty cool, here's a close up:

Attached File  miniboglins_002.jpg   143.06K   22 downloads

do you own all the boglins on the toypedia site?

yeah, apart from the one's on the flickR section, they were doubles I traded to Soups but I have a full set of one of each sculpt plus every Cheif (available) in Silver and Gold and all the black ones. I have all the GITD in green but only a couple of lilacs, I'll probably pick up the rest of those if I see them. And if I see more Gold versions of the cereal premiums....:crazy:

I can't wait to see your 2,500 :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#9 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:57 AM

[/quote]

yeah, apart from the one's on the flickR section, they were doubles I traded to Soups but I have a full set of one of each sculpt plus every Cheif (available) in Silver and Gold and all the black ones. I have all the GITD in green but only a couple of lilacs, I'll probably pick up the rest of those if I see them. And if I see more Gold versions of the cereal premiums....:D

I can't wait to see your 2,500 :o
[/quote]
one of every sculpt!! did you know that the some GITDs and cheifs (non gold/silver) are available with and without the star on the tail, do you even have a full set of the slime boglins? I really badly want a gold kelloggs. I am interested in swapping a mint condition Fiancee complete with shoe collection for one!

will get my pics up soon :)
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#10 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:56 AM

Attached File  Image040.jpg   295.47K   24 downloadsAttached File  Image039.jpg   275.25K   26 downloadsAttached File  Image038.jpg   333.96K   30 downloadsmage038.jpg]Attached File  Image042.jpg   531.22K   42 downloadsAttached File  Image041.jpg   694.85K   45 downloads[attac
ment=10427:Image034.jpg]

does anyone know if the kellogs gold is real, it appears to have rub wear with yellow showing through, were thes solid gold plastic or yellow painted gold?

Attached Files

Edited by galthisan, 16 March 2008 - 08:02 AM.

proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#11 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

I have the slime boglins covered - has anyone ever seen them in a color other than blue or yellow?

re the with symbols and without symbols I was aware but hadn't differentiated (<--SP?) - I may do now though ;

I did win a swamp playset off ebay but it never arrived :o

YOUR COLLECTION PICS ARE SICK!!!! wow, amazing! :)

Re the Kellogs Gold MBs I can't really tell from the photo's. Mine has some rubs and underneath the rubber looks like it was a whitish color that now has a gold/yellow staining from the paint. Does that sound like yours?

Posted Image

#12 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

I have the slime boglins covered - has anyone ever seen them in a color other than blue or yellow?

re the with symbols and without symbols I was aware but hadn't differentiated (<--SP?) - I may do now though ;

I did win a swamp playset off ebay but it never arrived :o

YOUR COLLECTION PICS ARE SICK!!!! wow, amazing! :)

Re the Kellogs Gold MBs I can't really tell from the photo's. Mine has some rubs and underneath the rubber looks like it was a whitish color that now has a gold/yellow staining from the paint. Does that sound like yours?

most of the slime boglins i have seen are blue or yellow, i have an orange splutter, i think it is my favourite
yep that is like my gold one, like it was painted and where the paint rubbed the rubber is stained. i am so pleased to have it.
I had the swamp as a kid, but never the game.

the reason for the stars not being on some is becasue they introduced the GITDs after the original 36 but before the symbols which didnt happen untill after the discustings were discontinued that is why in no cheif Drox or Scout Droop have symbols. do you know exactly which ones are available with and with out symbols? i am tying to work it out..

Attached File  Image043.jpg   445.22K   14 downloads
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#13 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

most of the slime boglins i have seen are blue or yellow, i have an orange splutter, i think it is my favourite
yep that is like my gold one, like it was painted and where the paint rubbed the rubber is stained. i am so pleased to have it.
I had the swamp as a kid, but never the game.

nice orange splutter!! I wonder if they were available in same colors as the Samurai then?

Posted Image

I'm glad your gold one is legit :)

the reason for the stars not being on some is becasue they introduced the GITDs after the original 36 but before the symbols which didnt happen untill after the discustings were discontinued that is why in no cheif Drox or Scout Droop have symbols. do you know exactly which ones are available with and with out symbols? i am tying to work it out..

I've never sat down and worked it out - if you do it I'd be interested to see!

Posted Image

#14 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

nice orange splutter!! I wonder if they were available in same colors as the Samurai then

I'm glad your gold one is legit :)

on ur site there is a pic of the game and a slime boglin in neon blue, so i rekon you could well be correct, i have compared the three diffrent colour slimes i have to the samurai and they are the same shade.

you dont know how i pleased i am i have that gold kelloggs, i didnt think i would ever get one

i think not including with and without symbols i splurge and splash are the only sculpts i dont have. But i am trying to find a GITD scout from the prehistorics and a black Dork..
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#15 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:01 AM

i opened one of the single mini boglin packs. as soon as i took out the boglin inside i rembered the the destinctive smell from years ago that i had forgotton. its soo cool to open up new toys :lol:
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com