2 replies to this topic

#1 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:15 AM

As you are probably already aware, Biffard and I are evaluating the Class A MUSCLE figures. We hope that the whole MUSCLE community will contribute towards this discussion and help bring some further information to light to help improve our understanding of the MUSCLE figure classifications.

We're not out to reinvent the wheel - fantastic work has of course already been completed previously (Soupie/URS), which led to the MUSCLE Classification Guide (available here), but we feel there are still some questions worth asking - and who better to ask than the people who know the most about the figures - the collectors.

It is widely accepted that MUSCLE figures, when made, were attached to Trees - and each tree would have a certain number of figures attached to it. The work done previously has established that certain figures were always part of the same tree, along with other associated figures, and so were created at the same time and in equal numbers. Each 'Part' (21 of them) could be made up of 1,2 or 3 'Trees'

The aim of this project is to look at each of the 21 'Parts' and assess whether our accepted understanding is still appropriate, given the information we may have learned over the last 5-10 years.

Now let’s move on to Part 3 - http://soupie.little.../PartThree.html

Part 3 is made up of 3 trees.

Tree one includes figures: 4, 7, 8, 62, 122 and was made in Light blue, Red, Orange and Green (and flesh)

Tree two includes figures 65, 66, 69, 130, 233 and was made in Salmon, Purple, Dark Blue and Light Blue (and flesh)

Tree three includes only figure #161 (see THIS post for further information about figure 161, whom I feel belongs in Part 2)

Other than the anomaly of tree three, This Part is actually a very straight forward and uneventful part. All of the figures are fairly common and there are no class A variants included. Anyone looking to collect the Part 3 figures should have not too much trouble in doing so!

The figures are fairly standard ones - none are over-popular with collectors - perhaps the only exception being Figure #7 (Puyo-Puyo) who may have some kind of appeal to casual collectors due to his fairly unique look!

All of the figures from this part were found in 28-pack boxes - in particular Set #4 (Cosmic Showdown). It is unclear if some of them perhaps also appeared in 4-packs and 10-packs.

While this review of Part 3 is fairly straight forward, I would like to encourage others to express their thoughts on how Part 3 is classified. Do you agree that this is accurate?

*Please note, we hope to create a new thread for each 'Part' so if possible, can you please ensure that this thread discusses only Part 3?

SEE ALSO:

MUSCLE Figures, Kinnikuman Part 1 Review

MUSCLE Figures, Kinnikuman Part 2 Review

Edited by jmckinnon316, 25 February 2014 - 06:30 AM.

My NEEDS List: HERE
My Collection: WORKING ON IT!

#2 adiy009

adiy009

I live for the JIZZ!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Great i thought you had stop doing these :)

65 is a pest of figure i have mixed it up with 33 

on large auctions with not so good pictures a few times :(

Account closed by request of adiy009 on 2018-08-15

#3 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

I think it's awesome that you guys are doing this. I plan to participate.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com