• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Last Tuesday, I got back to work late. As I was getting ready to go home, the (rather talkative) old guy who did estate and storage-unit clear-outs and has a shop across the way from mine asked for help moving a filing cabinet. I obliged, and then he asked me if I needed tires. I said yes, and went to the pickup in front of his shop to have a look. They were truck tires, and I needed car tires...but in the corner of the bed, I saw something that sure looked like a flesh M.U.S.C.L.E. I picked it up, and sure enough, it was a 206! The old guy told me I could have him, so I took him home and got him cleaned up.

13341190075_c3017cfb68_c.jpg

13341580714_ef9fae92ca_c.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how good he cleaned up.

The old guy told me that at one time there was a whole box of them in the bed of that truck, but said box has since disappeared (go figure!). I did manage to find a 228 in the bed of the truck a little later, but Veers will be sharing him with you shortly. 206, after sitting forlorn in the bed of that truck for who knows how long, now has a permanent home with me. He serves as a testament to the genius of the name Mattel chose for these guys, regardless of how late or unintentional it might be.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#2 ALLSPORTDVD

ALLSPORTDVD

Ameragu Chojin No Bosu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Anything Kinnikuman!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Great little story - it's so cool to hear these things

Check out my collection pics - https://www.flickr.c...107790593@N02/?

#3 Xthekid

Xthekid

8BitGen Records

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Hip Hop, M.U.S.C.L.E

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Awesome!

Law_Middle_Finger_Uncensored_zps74aa8228

#4 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

I love hearing stories like this. Last month I found a Muscle at a thrift store. It was common but I had to save it. They just gave it to me because it had no price.
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#5 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

I love stories like this one. A story like this is as good, if not better, than hearing about a Non-Poster figure find.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com