• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#151 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:23 PM

As it stands Super7 only did ReAction figures strictly from Alien alone, whether they have a license beyond just that movie is unknown, atleast until they release the minifigs, but it's likely only Ripley and company with the alien, egg, facehugger, chestbuster and possibly the space crafts and that alien guy I forgot what it's called again. But I don't think they will go the Kenner route on this and release a bunch of different alien hybrids, if they do, I hope they get a Predator license as well, I wouldn't pass on that.

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#152 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:30 PM

I want Ripley's cat. 

And Ripley's pet cat.

#153 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, if they could do hybrids and make them look different enough, I'm sure I'd be down for at least some. I was thinking we don't really need many mini figures of the humans from Alien (at least I don't, haha).

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#154 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, if they could do hybrids and make them look different enough, I'm sure I'd be down for at least some. I was thinking we don't really need many mini figures of the humans from Alien (at least I don't, haha).

tumblr_lq8ds65RKA1qeeql4.gif

#155 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

Does anybody have a pic of the series two figures? 

I am hoping we eventually get the battle armor Skeletor.

#156 seekingxar

seekingxar

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

I want the SDF-1. I'll be happy with that.

#157 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

Does anybody have a pic of the series two figures? 

I am hoping we eventually get the battle armor Skeletor.

Brian said they wont be showing Series 2 off for awhile since Series 1 just came out, just said Battle Cat and Castle Grayskull will be in it.  He said they will be releasing Series 1 in other colors first later in the year.

#158 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Brian said they wont be showing Series 2 off for awhile since Series 1 just came out, just said Battle Cat and Castle Grayskull will be in it. He said they will be releasing Series 1 in other colors first later in the year.

I'd put money on Evil-Lyn and Orko also being in Series 2.

I'm interested to see what other colors they'll make. I wonder if they'll follow the other old MUSCLE colors.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#159 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I wish they would exhaust the MOTU characters before moving on to any other property at all.

From there, I'd go to Thundercats.  :)

Also, I wish they would do green figures and GID figures!

Edited by steverotters, 15 July 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#160 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

I love macross as much as Motu so its up in the air for me, I'll take either! Aliens I'm on the fence about.

Attached File  2015-07-15 20.31.17.jpg   60.55K   2 downloads

#161 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:23 AM

I think they could "exhaust the MOTU characters" while running other properties concurrently. I'm stoked for the Aliens ones, and am kind of "Meh" about Macross in general. I do echo the sentiment that I hope they make Predator ones as well, but if I had to pick between Aliens and Predators, I'm going with Aliens. 

Thundercats would be a good get, no question.

#162 SubwayRats

SubwayRats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:13 AM

Robotech !

#163 redjarojam

redjarojam

Taco Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

I actually tagged Brian Flynn on a post Instagram when the Thundercats figures started popping up.

I asked if there could be Thundercats MUSCLE and his response was "you read my mind."

#164 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, I think Predator would actually work better than Alien as a figure set, but only because the human characters in Predator all had a bit more of a unique look to each of them with their weapons and body types and "accessories". But I would love to see a Xenomorph, obviously.

#165 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

When looking at the ReAction licenses, Gremlins is still the one that stands out the most to me. 

#166 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

When looking at the ReAction licenses, Gremlins is still the one that stands out the most to me. 

I agree. I've seen the Mogwai and Gremlin figures recently and they are some cool looking mini figures that are worth opening up. They just shouldn't be $10.

That ReAction line is so much about the packaging, but I hardly ever see cards that aren't curved, creased or bent in some way. I think they would be a pain to collect if I liked them.

#167 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

MOTU, Macross, Thundercats, Aliens, whatever, you are being spoilt. We will take anything we can get in the UK.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#168 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

That ReAction line...I hardly ever see cards that aren't curved, creased or bent in some way.

this is a very good point that I forgot to mention. I wanted ot get the Back to the Future Marty and Doc ones but it was impossible to find any that weren't warped at least a little. Normally this kind of thing is only seen with cheap/bootleg toys because they use cheap materials or because the bubble has an odd shape and won't stack well. Seems odd that ReAction stuff would put so much into making the nice cardbacks to have them messed up so easily, but maybe there's another reason for this issue.

Edited by bachamn, 16 July 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#169 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Motuscle in hand!

19562419080_02ec05ae6e_z.jpg

Here is my quick review:

The sculpts are pretty decent though some are a little better than others.

The flesh color is almost exactly the same as "peach" colored Minikins.

The Motuscle figures have the same rubbery feel, glossiness, weight, and slight bounciness that Minikins possess as well.. just slightly more firm.

Overall, I am happy with these, but I would have preferred a denser plastic more similar to original Muscle plastic.

19563840649_b13b4e6dcb_z.jpg

Edited by Jackson, 17 July 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#170 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for the clear pics, Jackson.   :)    Looking forward to mine.

Buzz-Off and Whiplash look fantastic!!

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#171 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

Nice pics and feedback. So are these only obtainable through in store purchase at this point? I see some up on eBay outside of my price point.

#172 derekdraws

derekdraws

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

I think they all look fantastic, the only one that seems lackluster from what I've seen is Trapjaw. That puny metal arm is sad...

#173 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

I think they all look fantastic, the only one that seems lackluster from what I've seen is Trapjaw. That puny metal arm is sad...

Also Tri-Clops' pose is a bit lame.  The master swordsman is not only sans sword, his arms seem to be unsure of what to do, as well.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#174 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

He-Man might be the weakest sculpt of the bunch.

I picked up a purple Skeletor on ebay last night. I had an ebay coupon for $10 off so it only cost me 99 cents shipped.

#175 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:54 AM

Got my three-pack. Have to say, don't really like the shiny aspect of the rubber or how pliable they are. Guess I can't complain about a mini He-Man though.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com