355 replies to this topic

#176 Grimace

Grimace

LittleRubberGal Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:56 AM

These are amazing, I would kill for some She-Ra and co. figures.

#177 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

I'm not familiar with Minikins, so how do MOTUSCLE compare to the real deal of MUSCLE peach?

#178 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:23 AM

They are much more pliable than original Muscle. They feel rubbery and have a lot more gloss than original muscle as well.

#179 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

They should of matched the same rubbery-ness of MUSCLE, since it's based off it after all. Kind of disappointed to hear this, but I guess I won't know for sure, until I have them in hand. 

What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#180 Neverwhere

Neverwhere

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

Just about all the original MUSCLEs have heft and solidness to them, these do not. You'll be disappointed (like I was) if you're expecting them to be like MUSCLE.

#181 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

I only have the purple Skeletor so far and like the rubbery material. I actually prefer it to MUSCLE material, which I've always considered slightly flexible firm plastic instead of rubber. I do think it's a bit strange they went with it though, considering they are basically being marketed as new MUSCLE figures. I assumed they'd be comparable to other new MUSCLE-inspired minis like OMFG and Mystical Warriors of the Ring. Maybe they'll switch the material when these go to wider release.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#182 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

Unless it's especially unpleasant like sticky plastic, I'm usually not that fussed about the material as much as I am the colors... and the only shot I've seen of them mixed together looked more like some orange figures next to MUSCLE peach/"flesh".

#183 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

I was able to get a hold of a full flesh set in addition to the purple Skeletor...maaan, these are so good. Yes, the material is different which is going to be an issue for some. I am a fan of the more rubbery feel though. Strangely, today they feel a bit firmer than they did when I took them out of the packages last week (probably just my mind messing with me). Softer than vintage MUSCLE, but definitely firmer than Minikins.

Here's my full review and a bunch of pics:

http://www.littlewei...verse-mini.html

19382700123_838c86c951_z.jpg

#184 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

I was able to get a hold of a full flesh set in addition to the purple Skeletor...maaan, these are so good. Yes, the material is different which is going to be an issue for some. I am a fan of the more rubbery feel though. Strangely, today they feel a bit firmer than they did when I took them out of the packages last week (probably just my mind messing with me). Softer than vintage MUSCLE, but definitely firmer than Minikins.

Here's my full review and a bunch of pics:

http://www.littlewei...verse-mini.html

19382700123_838c86c951_z.jpg

Good review, man.

I've got a bunch of these lined up via trades, looking forward.   I'd like at least two of the purple Skeletors, but no way in hell am I paying $10 each for them when they'll be selling for a third that within a few months.   ;)

Surprisingly, I think Buzz-Off is my favorite.  Duncan and Rammy could be a bit beefier, but I'm not too bothered.   Really neat figures for a few bucks per pack, not so much at current inflated 'nerd frenzy' Ebay prices.

As with 95% of this type of stuff, prices will drop and normalize before long.   Soon, soon...

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#185 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

I missed out on these. A buddy was going to grab some at SDCC for me but they were gon e when he got there.

However, a different friend came by the other day to drop off a papercraft dragon I had him make for me, and his wife had snagged me a purple skeletor at SDCC. SCORE!

#186 groovemachine

groovemachine

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

I heard that there will be some other offerings following up the M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. line...one of them was said to be an "Alien" M.U.S.C.L.E. line. Does anyone know any more about this? I can't find details anywhere. Will these be characters from the Alien movie?

#187 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:55 PM

I heard that there will be some other offerings following up the M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. line...one of them was said to be an "Alien" M.U.S.C.L.E. line. Does anyone know any more about this? I can't find details anywhere. Will these be characters from the Alien movie?

http://issuu.com/clu..._issue_28_issuu

Skip ahead and there is a nice fat article on the line and what may be next.

From what we heard yes aliens from the movies and a bunch of other cool stuff too.

#188 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Strongman, Power-lifting and mini-figures.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

Assuming they doesn't get a wider release than just a convention, most of us will never hae them :L

#189 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

Assuming they doesn't get a wider release than just a convention, most of us will never hae them :L

They have already announced an online release and those will be easy to get most likely for a very very long time. They will do limited color runs but most colors will be as easy to snag as any other normal retail toy. With toys like this priced at 2 bucks a figure with license fees and all that stuff they don't make money off the limited runs at all especially cause those runs are priced exactly the same. That stuff is just to generate excitement for collectors. They will make money pushing high volume. When you think about it they actually GAVE AWAY 5,000 purple skeletors. So low runs are not the end game for this line.

#190 markatisu

markatisu

Wrestling Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Minifigures and Wrestling

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:20 AM

From what I hear they are already available in Super 7's physical store so if any of you have friends near that just have them stop in. They will be adding them online but who knows when (they already added the glasses and some of the other merch from the pop up store this past week)

A friend got me the purple one, I suspect its just a durometer issue as to how flexible it is. A lower durometer makes them like minikins and a higher durometer makes them solid and hard. MWOTR for example is run at around a 85-90 durometer and OMFG is run at a similar one which is why our figures are harder and thicker. These MOTUSCLE seem to be in the middle of the two types so maybe they are running at like 70-75 or something.

Edited by markatisu, 31 July 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#191 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:06 AM

Up for sale online right now. Full flesh sets in stock for the normal retail price.

http://www.super7store.com/

#192 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

Up for sale online right now. Full flesh sets in stock for the normal retail price.

Good looking out! Placed my order for all 4 packs. :)

#193 TanRnet

TanRnet

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Army Ants, The Real Ghostbusters, and most movies/music/games from the 80s.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:26 AM

Just did the same for all 4, pretty excited about them.

#194 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

Just saw this on Instagram and came here to post. I bet they sell out quickly!

#195 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

At $49 shipping, I don't think there will be many orders from the UK :no:

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#196 Wibble

Wibble

Monkey in a Fez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Garbage Pail Kids
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E
    Giant retro figures

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:51 AM

At $49 shipping, I don't think there will be many orders from the UK :no:

Yeah, it does seem a little extreme - an easy win for the eBay resellers...

#197 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

Now maybe i'll pick them up....

#198 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if these will be available in stores (other than in their own shop in CA?) There are a few places in my town that stock quite a bit of ReAction stuff (Barns & Noble, Hastings), but I wasn't sure if this line were being planned for similar distribution or not. I'm on the fence about picking them up and it would help if I could avoid shipping costs.

#199 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

....aaand prices begin to get realistic.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#200 Screamer

Screamer

Ping Pong Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE #136, TMNT Sidekicks, GB Companion Ghosts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

Yea I definitely had to grab a set of these. I wonder though if these will be an item that is infinitely available, and to that, if they will have many more alluring colors. I love the flesh, obviously, but would almost rather have a colored set with each figure having a color representative of their character/color. I have a purple Skeletor and already know that I prefer it to flesh one...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com