38 replies to this topic

#1 waqararif11

waqararif11

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:32 AM

wt exactly dus kid and king muscle, and all the other people from the kinniku planet look like, underneath thier mask, and why do they all wear masks, dus n e 1 no dis?
[FONT=Arial][QUOTE]Lookin' 4 dum i mean sum Ultimate Muscle [/FONT]

#2 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:56 AM

The Kinniku family have very human-looking faces. I have a few images of their brief apperances without their masks.

http://ourworld.cs.c...mi-no-Papa2.jpg - Mayumi's father (Mayumi is Suguru/Kinnikuman's father)

http://ourworld.cs.c.../SuguruFace.jpg - Suguru/Kinnikuman in the manga (final tournament)

http://ourworld.cs.c...mcules/taro.png - And Mantaro, but a baby/child picture of his unmasked face.

Reason for them wearing masks? It's a tradition of Kinniku planet. *shrugs*

Edited by Siya the Barracuda, 07 May 2006 - 10:58 AM.

#3 waqararif11

waqararif11

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:00 AM

lol the Kid looks like Goku or maybe to be more precise Gohan and Goten of dbz

#4 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, he kinda looks like child Gohan. :cheeks:

#5 waqararif11

waqararif11

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:39 AM

so i would just guess that, Kinnikuman/Sugurru/King Muscle would kind of look like Goku?

#6 Siya the Barracuda

Siya the Barracuda

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:50 AM

No...Suguru doesn't have the same sticky-out fringe as Mantaro does.

He has sorta mop-type hair. In the manga, it was black, but in the anime it was brunette.

#7 waqararif11

waqararif11

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:51 AM

wow, i just wish, we had more of an insight to the kinnikuman culture

#8 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:48 PM

I was wondering this myself ....
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#9 rai

rai

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

I don't know if it'll help, but in one of the tag team volumes of nisei, when they think about what happens if Mantaro gets crossbombed by Neptuneman and Wally, it sorta shows his mouth and hair after his mask comes off , the eyes I can't help ya there.

Edit: Oh, and for those of you who don't know. If a Kinniku clan member takes off his mask then he has to kill him/herself.That's why Meat begged Suguru not to take off his mask at the lake in the begining of the throne arc.

Edited by rai, 14 April 2007 - 06:52 PM.

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

I wonder why they didn't make any unmasked Suguru figures. That would be cool to have either a keshi, or an action figure with an interchangeable head.

Posted Image

#11 (o__O)

(o__O)

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

It look like my Avatar :crazy:
Posted Image

#12 Devil_Fudou

Devil_Fudou

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:24 AM

I wonder why they didn't make any unmasked Suguru figures. That would be cool to have either a keshi, or an action figure with an interchangeable head.

hahaha~~ bcoz the figure has to kill itself if u take off his mask~ lol~
Posted Image

#13 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:28 AM

I don't know if it'll help, but in one of the tag team volumes of nisei, when they think about what happens if Mantaro gets crossbombed by Neptuneman and Wally, it sorta shows his mouth and hair after his mask comes off , the eyes I can't help ya there.

Now THIS I gotta see...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#14 Iori

Iori

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, but they aren't the only people that wear masks, in Kinnikuman. Actually, quite a few of the characters make a big deal about not revealing their face, which leads me onto this point.

Robin Mask and Warsman got their masks knocked off by Neptuneman and Big the Budo, during the Tournament Mountain. When it happened, the paparazzi went nuts, and the two of them were deathly afraid to show their true faces, for some reason. Probably not the same method as Kinniku Family, I'd wager, but still, there's gotta' be a reason.

Warsman, is obviously just wires and a huge singular eyeball. He lost his mask during a fight with Kinnikuman, anyway, much earlier on. I believe.

Robin Mask had like, uh, light brown hair, blue eyes, and looked like a handsome Disney Prince, or something. All the women in the crowd starting blushing, and for good reason!

Edited by Iori, 01 May 2007 - 12:56 PM.

#15 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

Cover to Kinnikuman volume 36:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Staplerman

Staplerman

Boring teenager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:01 AM

He looks rather freaky on that cover...
Posted Image

#17 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

So mantaro shoud look a bit like a mix or Suguru and Bibinba. He's probably got suguru looks and Bibinba heir colour. yours guy kinniku ;)

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#18 BlazeShadow

BlazeShadow

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:07 AM

Yeah, but they aren't the only people that wear masks, in Kinnikuman. Actually, quite a few of the characters make a big deal about not revealing their face, which leads me onto this point.

Robin Mask and Warsman got their masks knocked off by Neptuneman and Big the Budo, during the Tournament Mountain. When it happened, the paparazzi went nuts, and the two of them were deathly afraid to show their true faces, for some reason. Probably not the same method as Kinniku Family, I'd wager, but still, there's gotta' be a reason.

Warsman, is obviously just wires and a huge singular eyeball. He lost his mask during a fight with Kinnikuman, anyway, much earlier on. I believe.

Robin Mask had like, uh, light brown hair, blue eyes, and looked like a handsome Disney Prince, or something. All the women in the crowd starting blushing, and for good reason!

Posted Image Warsman without mask.
Posted ImagePosted Image Robin without mask.

#19 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:30 AM

In the manga they didn't show his face in quite that much detail..
Posted Image

#20 Iori

Iori

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

In the manga they didn't show his face in quite that much detail..

Lol. There's a whole wide shot of his face, as it slowly fades from shadow into light.

I haven't watched that episode in a while, but I'm damn sure it pretty much stares at his face for thirty or more seconds, straight.

The most amusing thing is, both him and Warsman continue to watch the next match, holding a teeny little towel each that covers one half of their face, and allows them to peek on the action from the other side. Ha-ha.

But, seriously. Thanks for putting that up, BlazeShadow. :lol:

#21 Pharoman

Pharoman

Elemental Hero Godaiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image

WOW! Thats not how I imagined Suguru without his mask. I think many of the girls who rejected him would regret it if they saw this cover. :spiteful:

Edited by Pharoman, 04 May 2007 - 09:06 AM.

Badre El Amir Bally

#22 Kingmuscle

Kingmuscle

Author of Samurai King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman Nisei, Anime, Video Games, Hangin with my friends,

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image

WOW! Thats not how I imagined Suguru without his mask. I think many of the girls who rejected him would regret it if they saw this cover. :shock:

wow Suguru looks like somewhat like Mr. Barracuda just without his hair covering his eyes :spiteful:
Kid Muscle: No Way It Can't Be Is That You Dad? I Thought For Sure I'd Be Matched Up With Some Big Time Legend Like Warsman or Neptuneman I Can't Fight You Dad!

King Muscle: I'll Have You Know I've Beaten Both Warsman And Neptuneman But That Was Back When My Stomach Didnt Resemble A Taffy Pool!

SilverMillenuumFalcon.com The Realm For All Things Geek! Join Us Today!

#23 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

LOL! That's because the artist wasn't that great at drawing faces. The human ones all look the same, if you think about it.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#24 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image Warsman without mask.
Posted ImagePosted Image Robin without mask.

Wow, Robin does look like a Disney prince. xD And as for why Warsman and Robin being afraid to show thier faces, I'm pretty sure Warsman is ashamed of his inhuman looks (if I remember right, he showed Suguru his face in the darkness so only he could really see).

For Robin Mask and his family, it may be something similar to the Mexican 'Luchdores'. Thier masks become thier identity, so to lose it can effect thier confidence. He had no problem being open-faced Barracuda when no one knew it was him, but once his true identity was revealed, that changed.

It's not so much a physical punishment like the Kinniku's face, but a mental stigma driven into the family members.

#25 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

Wow, that anime pic screams bishounen. XD

Scary thought that his face, when compared to other characters in the anime, looks...like a normal anime face.
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com