29 replies to this topic

#1 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 03:04 PM

Now what the hell is this crap supposed to be? Do you think if i get some playdoh and make a squidy shape i can sell it for hundreds of dollars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1782290189

;)
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#2 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 03:53 PM

Now what the hell is this crap supposed to be?

The answer is in the question! Besides, You know what they say, "there`s an arse for every seat!

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 04:22 PM

faith in humanity decreases...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2002 - 09:19 AM

While I would never buy this crap (because how could you ever really be sure it is real?), I know why Star Wars collectors buy it.

Some collectors are happy with just the regular store bought stuff, then some get into error figure or all MOMC figures. But there is another group that wants “one of a kinds”. These people want early prototype stuff. They want an unpainted Luke Skywalker or large mold Yoda, basically anything that is “one of a kind” or “a few of a kind”.

But I always think, “How do they know this is real?” Unless my uncle worked for Kenner, took me to his office, and gave me the stuff I would have huge doubts. I prefer to stick to more of the basics.

#5 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 30 October 2002 - 10:10 AM

Some people just have way to much money and not enough brains.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#6 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 07:26 AM

But I always think, “How do they know this is real?”

I completely agree. Most prototypes are pretty easy to fake, especially something like this. After seeing some of the incredibly detailed SW customs that people do, I would be very wary of buying this.

Even if it is real, that's an awful lot of money for something that's a simple collectible. I think I'll stick to normal production toys myself.

-Nathan

#7 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 11:31 AM

i think that guy stole the crap i pooped out last week and threw it on ebay as a "RARE" item. it is true! u can crap money!
www.rawkthreads.com

#8 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 02:54 PM

And let's not forget that the Weechee was supposed to be produced for the Ewoks toyline... BUT IT NEVER WAS!

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 07:36 AM

I love how the auction has reached $315, but the reserve price is not yet met! How much does this guy think this candle reject can go for?!

By the way, it is made of wax. I would be worried about spending hundreds of dollars on something that would melt if its left out in the sun for too long, you know?

-Nathan

#10 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 01 November 2002 - 08:29 AM

Then you could make an expensive candle wohoo.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#11 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 10:43 AM

Speaking of things that would be butt-easy to fake... here's an auction for a Frank Oz/Yoda autograph:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1575065812

I never even bother with autographs unless I actually see the person sign it. Anyone could fake any signature (and the "Certificate Of Authenticity") VERY easily. The fact that the guy has such a low starting bid proves that it's fake. If you had a real Frank Oz autograph, would you have an $8 starting bid? No chance...

And speaking of things that are a complete waste of money... here's an auction for an ORIGINAL SCREEN-USED CHAIR FROM EPISODE I!!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&item=728906300

WOW!!! Only $2,600 and this chair could be yours! Nevermind the fact that 1) it's a boring looking chair that I don't even remember from the movie, and 2) there's no real way to know if it's authentic.

These two auctions are only for those with more money than common sense, so if anyone fits that bill, bid away! :cry:

-Nathan

#12 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2002 - 11:37 AM

Can we ease off the Star Wars bashing for a little while?

#13 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 03:15 PM

Can we ease off the Star Wars bashing for a little while?

I wouldn't call this thread "Star Wars bashing". More along the lines of "people who have more money than brains bashing". :woot:

#14 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 03:21 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1781160120

:woot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1394692363

I'm trying to figure this one out.

#15 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 05:03 AM

i have the utmost respect for the films but i hate people cashing in on the films by selling wanky items. sure sell film props and pre production toys but chairs and blobs of wax are just crap, really they are.

#16 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2002 - 09:09 AM

Actually I understand this one...
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=1781160120

That is one of the rarest figures. If I had the money, then it would be on my shelf.

#17 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 02:38 PM

what makes it different from the other jawas? also how much would a carded yakface fetch do u rekon? seriously i'm not slagging the starwars collectors, if i could afford it i would probably start one again (all my original starwars suffered a fiery fate :woot: )

#18 Warsman

Warsman

Demonic General

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 03:38 PM

[inserts promotions for warsman shopping garage]
Mint on card Starwars toys
loose starwar toys
misc collectibles

all from POTF , orange green and purple lightsaber backgrounds
accepts most prices name what you need and i'll PM condition
and what not.
[ends the insert]

But c'mon 8K for 1 3 3/4 action figure
i mean my record collection cost less for more vinyal
~This space for rent.
~~The Management

#19 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 05:29 PM

It has a cloth cape.

#20 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 09:41 PM

what makes it different from the other jawas? also how much would a carded yakface fetch do u rekon?

The jawa has a vinyl cape instead of a cloth cape. Jawas were originally produced with the vinyl capes, but were switched to cloth capes very early on in the line, so they're really rare. Also, this jawa is on an Empire Strikes Back card... I believe that most vinyl caped jawas were on the original Star Wars card.

POTF85 carded Yakfaces go for around $1000, I think. Tri-logo Yakfaces are decidedly cheaper... I would estimate about $300-$400. Am I right, Veers?

But these sums are way too much for ANY toy in my opinion. I mean, I thought $40 for a purple Hand was a bit over the top (much less the original $150 price that it could have gone for)...

-Nathan

#21 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2002 - 02:07 PM

Tortle summed things up pretty well. BTW, I think your Logray is coming to my house. A few surprise MUSCLE's would be nice! :(

#22 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 02:16 PM

Tortle summed things up pretty well.  BTW, I think your Logray is coming to my house.  A few surprise MUSCLE's would be nice! :(

Ah, was that you? Congratulations! Okay, I'll put some extras in the package for you, man! Just remind me that it's you when you send payment!

-Nathan

#23 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2002 - 02:36 PM

Too late. I already sent the payment through PayPal. :(

#24 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 09:07 AM

It's no problem... you actually identified yourself in the payment so it's cool.

Interestingly enough, I've noticed more activity from my non-Star Wars auctions than from my Star Wars ones, even though Star Wars is supposed to have the most popular toy collectibles. I've also noticed some prices from the vintage stuff (like POTF85) slipping a bit. I wonder if people are just getting too over-saturated with Star Wars stuff recently..? Maybe the prices will slip enough that I'll finally be able to afford a POTF85 carded Amanaman! :)

-Nathan

#25 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2002 - 10:34 AM

God I hope you're right. If prices keep slipping, then I'll be able to buy more MUSCLE's and Star Wars stuff.

But I think prices are going to slip soon anyway. After Episode II comes out on DVD prices should fall because Star Wars will be out of the spotlight until Episode III comes out.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com