• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 02:10 PM

Continuing my "Favorite Toys" thread, this one asks the perennial question: Which Transformers are your favorite and why? Here's my list, in descending order:

10) Hound: I always liked the cars that were made with good, sturdy die-cast metal! Hound was back in the good ol' days when the cars were realistic!

9) Grimlock: The Dinobots were my favorite group of Transformers! Um... make that, they were my favorite Transformers toys. On the show, they had the most detestable and lame personalities of any of the TFs. Anyway, Grimlock looks cool not only in robot form, but also in T-Rex form! The articulation in the T-Rex jaw really made this a great toy!

8) Brawn: A large part of my preference for certain TFs lay on the look of the robot's face. Brawn not only had a cool-looking face, but claw-like robotic-looking arms!

7) Metroplex: I loved the post-Omega Supreme city robots (sorry, but OS sucked arse)! Metroplex transformed into a great (and sturdy) robot, city, and rolling war-machine. He also had some pretty good articulation for Transformers at that time. In city form, he was the perfect compliment to the mini-bots!

6) Mirage: This was my first Transformer, so I'm a bit nostalgic for him.

5) Scorponok: Scorponok is huge, transforms into three different cool forms (robot, city, and scorpion), and has a head that transforms into a robot, too! I thought that Scorponok was one of the few times that the Headmaster idea actually worked well... usually the heads were misproportioned and looked crappy. Unfortunately, I sold Scorponok at a yard sale when I "grew" out of toys, and he's so expensive nowadays that I may never see him again...:)

4) Jetfire: Sure, he was ripped off from Robotech... but that doesn't make Jetfire any less cool! He was also one of the better-articulated of the Transformers, and although it took forever to get all that body armor on him, he looked awesome!

3) Windcharger: I love this little guy! Not only does he have a cool face, but he's probably the fastest rolling of the cars! Zooming him around the kitchen floor was a blast!

2) Megatron: Megatron was made back when they could make realistic guns and not have any of that hot-pink crap! Although he was a bit weirdly proportioned in robot mode, the different features of the gun were really cool!

1) Slag: I spent MANY hours playing with Slag! He's a cool robot, he's a triceratops... what more can you ask for in a toy?!

-Nathan

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 06:05 PM

These are ALL G1 guys.

1.) Optimus Prime
2.) Soundwave
3.) Jetfire
4.) Skywarp (purple and black jet)
5.) Devastator
6.) Insecticons (regular, not deluxe)
7.) Dinobots
8.) Starscream
9.) Ravage
10.) Sideswipe

also awesome!
Laserbeak, Mirage, Wheeljack, Omega Supreme, Windcharger, Whirl, Roadbuster, Frenzy, Thundercracker, Ramjet and Shockwave.
Megatron REALLY sucked! But no collection is complete without him.

#3 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:43 PM

I know very very little about transformers, I don't even recall ever owning one. I watched the cartoon a few times, and if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Bumble Bee, he was the cute little yellow bug, and in one of the cartoons I saw he saved the day, so I like him.

#4 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:46 PM

ok, this is off topic but, i just got done watching the transformers movie and i was extremely suprised when i heard the human dude say "oh crap" ... what were the animators thinking by putting that in!!?!?
www.rawkthreads.com

#5 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:46 PM

1. Optimus Prime

2. Soundwave (with the hawk tape, I can’t remember the name)

3. Prowl

4. The Constructs (the 5 green work trucks that combined to make one huge guy)

5. Sideswipe (he was the yellow bug, right?)

#6 The Shizit

The Shizit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 November 2002 - 07:48 PM

"oh crap"

ok, i just realized that the cuss filter caught what i really meant, but i think u all catch my drift on what he said.
www.rawkthreads.com

#7 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 02:46 AM

Here`s mine in no order-

Predaking- talk about a heavy arse piece!!! He made the rest of the combiners look about as tall as meat!

Soundwave-enough said

Perceptor- not the flashiest but I liked his durability

Wheeljack- I never had him, still want him

Shockwave- any figure that had so many cheap imitations deserves some credit!

Blitzwing- never lost his appeal

#8 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 02:49 AM

And oh yeah, You`re right Tortle, Jetfire was the most durable transformer ever, his joints never went bad on mine!!

#9 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 06:45 AM

ok, this is off topic but, i just got done watching the transformers movie and i was extremely suprised when i heard the human dude say "oh crap" ... what were the animators thinking by putting that in!!?!?

I saw the movie in the theater when I was a kid (God I hated how they changed the theme song), and when the "oh crap" scene came up, I remember hearing all the parents in the theater gasp in shock. Ha!

-Nathan

#10 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 06 November 2002 - 07:18 AM

1. Devastator. Long Haul ( dump truck) was the first transformer that I ever got. The orignal big green machine as well as the first gestault(sp).

2. Grimlock Wasn't the smartest guy on the team but had some nice lines and could tear it up. Me grimlock want to munch metal.

3. Dinobots. I loved dinasours when I was a kid.

4. Jetfire(skyfire) plain all around great transformer. Just stinks when he started turning yellow.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#11 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 06 November 2002 - 07:52 AM

5. Sideswipe (he was the yellow bug, right?)

I think Sideswipe was the ferrarri or lamborgini (spl?) He was sun streak's brother who was also a ferrarri or lamborgini (spl?)

#12 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 07 November 2002 - 07:00 AM

Nate there is a guy I work with who has a scorponoc g1 just about complete around 90%. I am not sure how much he wants for it but if you want to throw a number out I will let him know and see what he says.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com