ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

I was killing some time in Dollar Tree on Friday waiting for a showtime at the theater next door and came across these 'Extreme Fighting' figure sets. Based on the name I'm guessing they're supposed to be MMA figures, though the outfits (and the boots) are very wrestler-esque. I didn't check all of the racks but from what I saw it looks like these two packs are available, each with two ~2" figures and a ring playset. While they aren't visible in the blister, based on the ring post designs I'm assuming there are some sort of 'ropes' included inside as well. Nothing printed on the back of the cards in true Dollar-Tree fashion. I thought they were pretty cool for only $1 each; if nothing else it seemed the rings might interest some of you for customization purposes as they're properly scaled for MUSCLEs.

Attached File  IMG_20140321_195504.jpg   233K   108 downloads Attached File  IMG_20140321_195507.jpg   284.67K   155 downloads

Additionally there was another series of 'Braindead Zombies' grow toys on the racks featuring "zombie parts" this time instead of figures. Remember seeing a zombie head, a foot, and a third I can't recall at the moment (maybe a hand? I forgot to take a pic).

Finally, I'll just let this one speak for itself ;)

Attached File  IMG_20140321_200034.jpg   165.82K   122 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 11 January 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#2 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Haha awesome. I was just in DT the other day, and they have some pretty cool "grow bots", and some "Extreme Fighting" in larger, articulated limbs style. The best part for me was the Luchador that comes with....a chainsaw :D

Attached Files

Edited by be9ine, 24 March 2014 - 01:18 PM.

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

yeah those rings have been used like crazy with customizers. This is the 2nd or 3rd version of it, they keep changing the packaging and sticker on the ring.

For the price you cant beat it. :)

#4 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Somewhere Kirby is crying for his ill-gotten dolphin...

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#5 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

I forgot to post a pic of the thing I actually purchased. They have some sweet GitD slime that comes in barrels. It's very similar in consistency to the original TMNT ooze, and it glows! :)

Attached File  IMG_20140324_172444.jpg   207.97K   44 downloads

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

Haha awesome. I was just in DT the other day, and they have some pretty cool "grow bots",

just went back and they had these in too. I picked up the set of four and thinking about displaying them next to my Thor Lords, they have a similar feel to the design ;)

Also picked up a new type of 'Barrel O Slime' for my TMNT display, only this one was a opaque black barrel with black slime inside. The only time I've even seen black slime it was packaged with the 'living skin slime pores' Venom Marvel figure from the early 90's, so that was a surprise. 

Edited by bachamn, 06 April 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#7 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Also picked up a new type of 'Barrel O Slime' for my TMNT display, only this one was a opaque black barrel with black slime inside. The only time I've even seen black slime it was packaged with the 'living skin slime pores' Venom Marvel figure from the early 90's, so that was a surprise.

Was it "Dr. Wackos Silly Sludge"?

It comes in black barrels. They have it at the local dollar store, I picked some up for the barrels some time ago.
The farm supply here also has the toxic waste candy that comes in the cool yellow cans that look like they are leaking. I had to grab a couple of them too!

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

Was it "Dr. Wackos Silly Sludge"?

It comes in black barrels. They have it at the local dollar store, I picked some up for the barrels some time ago.
The farm supply here also has the toxic waste candy that comes in the cool yellow cans that look like they are leaking. I had to grab a couple of them too!

Nope, it looks just like the one I posted with Wyrm above, only the barrel is black with white printing instead of clear w/ black. Those yellow cans sound cool though! While setting up my TMNT shelf I'm finding that I have a pretty decent sized slime collection. I don't think I realized I liked it that much haha.

Here's some snaps of those gro-bots from the store. About 1.5" tall each.

grobot2.jpg

grobot1.jpg

#9 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

I really like those robots. I haven't seen them yet. My Dollar Tree still has a bunch of the Brain Dead Zombies and zombie body parts. I didn't buy any, but the zombie head was kind of cool.

Did you see the Top Toupie spinning top things with mini figures included? I haven't seen anybody talk about them on here yet, but people have been discussing them on Facebook and Instagram. They're pretty cool. Here are the ones I got:

Attached File  toupie02.jpg   324.95K   105 downloads

And here's a full post I did on them: 

http://www.littlewei...ollar-tree.html

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#10 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

I really like those robots. I haven't seen them yet. My Dollar Tree still has a bunch of the Brain Dead Zombies and zombie body parts. I didn't buy any, but the zombie head was kind of cool.

Did you see the Top Toupie spinning top things with mini figures included? I haven't seen anybody talk about them on here yet, but people have been discussing them on Facebook and Instagram. They're pretty cool. Here are the ones I got:

attachicon.giftoupie02.jpg

And here's a full post I did on them: 

http://www.littlewei...ollar-tree.html

I have a feeling Ericnilla mentioned them last week sometime?

Either way, they are amazing and I need them.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#11 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:19 AM

I was gonna post about the grow bots too, I picked some up last weekend.

I tried going last week to see if they had the tops after seeing em on LW, no dice!  Well, we kind of had them, but they didn't come with figures.  It even shows the figures on the back of the packaging telling you to "collect the all", but each package only has the 2 tops, the spinning base, the zip cord and the ball... but it's empty. I wonder if it's a bad shipment. Though there wasn't an actual separate  bubble in the plastic packaging for the figure, is there usually one?

I might try hitting another dollar tree later this week see if that pans out.

#12 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

I tried going last week to see if they had the tops after seeing em on LW, no dice!  Well, we kind of had them, but they didn't come with figures.  It even shows the figures on the back of the packaging telling you to "collect the all", but each package only has the 2 tops, the spinning base, the zip cord and the ball... but it's empty. I wonder if it's a bad shipment. Though there wasn't an actual separate  bubble in the plastic packaging for the figure, is there usually one?

Interesting. Someone else left a comment on my blog post that they found pegs full of them with no mini figures where they were supposed to be in the bubble, so I'm wondering if they're now being shipped out that way on purpose. At the DT I went to they all had the figures included, but they didn't have any of the blue figures--only the orange and green ones.

#13 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

be9ine mentioned the GroBots earlier in this thread I know, but I hadn't seen them yet at that point.

If anyone has trouble locating them let me know; I'd be glad to pick some up at cost. They had racks full at my local store.

Can you describe what the packaging looks like on the Top Toupie thing with the minifigs? I hadn't noticed them before.

Edited by bachamn, 07 April 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#14 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

Interesting. Someone else left a comment on my blog post that they found pegs full of them with no mini figures where they were supposed to be in the bubble, so I'm wondering if they're now being shipped out that way on purpose. At the DT I went to they all had the figures included, but they didn't have any of the blue figures--only the orange and green ones.

Ah just checked that. So it's the top of the pull string where the figure should be, maybe that's why I didn't notice an empty bubble in the package.  I was squeezing packages to get he balls to open just to make sure I wasn't crazy. I'll have to hit up the 2 other DT's that aren't too out of the way for me.

#15 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Here's a pic of the Top Toupie packaging. In all the ones I saw, each package included one mini figure right under the "TO" where it says "Toupie."

Attached File  toptoupie.jpg   25.6K   75 downloads

#16 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Those Toupie figs are damn neat.

I think I saw a couple of custom painted ones, in another thread, but didn't know what they were.

#17 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

My local DT has 3 blue ones. A sumo wrestler, a boxer, and a kid with a can of spray paint and a skateboard.
I'd be happy to trade for one of the green lion with a sword. :)
Demon

#18 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Went by and they had the green and orange ones at my store, and about 8-9 different sculpts. All of the bubbles had the figures inside:

toupie.jpg

I picked up these:

toupie2.jpg

Might go back and get the Mummy. Sadly, there was no Minotaur or any of those cool Japanesey sculpts like the Sumo or Ninja. The only orange ones were the pirate and I believe a knight (most were facing away from the front of packaging)

#19 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

How much are those Top Toupie guys?

#20 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

im waiting on a couple from jimbo, but i think i have all 18. unless more pop up

#21 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

How much are those Top Toupie guys?

Dollar Tree, unlike most similarly-titled stores (Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc), actually sells everything for $1 :)

My local DT has 3 blue ones. A sumo wrestler, a boxer, and a kid with a can of spray paint and a skateboard.
I'd be happy to trade for one of the green lion with a sword.  :)

I'll see if there was another Lion next time I'm on that side of town. I'd like to get the blue Sumo :)

Edited by bachamn, 08 April 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#22 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Excellent! I have an extra and an extra blue skater.
Demon

#23 krazedmadman

krazedmadman

Fist of the Death Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Finding lost toys destined to the heap and putting them in the hands of the deserving.

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

My area. sumo, minotaur, ninja, kangaroo & knight are plentiful

Edited by krazedmadman, 09 April 2014 - 08:44 PM.

Wastelander

#24 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

One of the DT's I went to had these with the figures. Mostly green's the rhino wrestler, to be precise. Some blue luchadors, and orange pirates. I didn't go through all the pegs but might go back over the weekend if anyone needs me to be on the look out for some.

#25 Jeremy0477

Jeremy0477

LRG Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

Just curious what you all did with the top thing after grabbing the figures out? I felt bad throwing in the trash so I gave to my little one, it made it 2 minutes before hitting the donate pile.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com