97 replies to this topic

#51 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:51 AM

Okay, here we go, logo time-- GonbeFAN wanted me to post his too, so we could do sort of a compare/contrast thing.

GonbeFAN's new logo-
http://img41.imagesh...alonemuscle.png
My new logo-
http://img40.imagesh...manjulylogo.png

Also, if anyone considers themselves good at drawing smoothly, and have some time on their hands, I can send them the PSD file for mine so they can clean the shines up a little bit.

#52 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:01 AM

Okay, here we go, logo time-- GonbeFAN wanted me to post his too, so we could do sort of a compare/contrast thing.

GonbeFAN's new logo-
My new logo-

Also, if anyone considers themselves good at drawing smoothly, and have some time on their hands, I can send them the PSD file for mine so they can clean the shines up a little bit.

Without looking at what was whose, I really liked the second one. The first one could possibly appeal to the M.U.S.C.L.E. fans, but I really just like the look of the second, as it really makes me think of the first Kinnikuman logo, from "Go Fight!"

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 04 July 2009 - 06:01 AM.

Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#53 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:24 AM

Yep, I was trying to go for the original logo feel.

Once I get my new mic, I will post an "audition" for some of the characters. Seeing as I'm quite a few years younger than the majority of the characters, I'm not sure I'll be good for any of the Chojins.

Oh, and is anyone interested in writing a trailer for this? Just, like, a plot summary, discussing Suguru, etc. Similarly, I was planning on adding a small section to the beginning of the episode where Terry explains what certain words mean, like "Chojin", and "Kinniku".

And... one last thing. Should I be using "Doc" Nakano, or Mr. Nakano, or just Nakano?

#54 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:06 AM

GonbeFAN's new logo-
My new logo-

The second one uses the same font as the manga. I like that.
Posted Image

#55 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:19 AM

The second one uses the same font as the manga. I like that.

Thanks, I try.

And I was thinking of putting the Niku kanji on the 'i' like they did in Ultimate Muscle... too cliche, or do you think it could work?

And... one idea, I probably will never get to it, but for something like Kinnikuman Great, since Ataru has pointed out calling him "Great!" is awkward, I was thinking, since there's the whole "masked wrestling" thing going on if it would be appropriate to call him "Kinnikuman el Gran" or something similar?

Edited by bobsinbobsled, 04 July 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#56 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Go for the Niku mark on the I. Go for "Greatoh" for Kinn Great. And Doc Nakano just works. So does Mac Metaphor.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#57 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 08:43 AM

And if you're planning for the whole subtitles with the original names, I can't see too much of a problem with it. The names are recognisable, and the subtitles would be there, so... Yeah. I mean, it's like how I watch the dub of Yuu Yuu Hakusho for the recognisable voices and to get the basic gist, while I use the subtitles to get the fuller details and names, etc.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#58 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

And... one idea, I probably will never get to it, but for something like Kinnikuman Great, since Ataru has pointed out calling him "Great!" is awkward, I was thinking, since there's the whole "masked wrestling" thing going on if it would be appropriate to call him "Kinnikuman el Gran" or something similar?

The "Great" problem only comes up when it's printed. When it's said out loud, there's a clear difference between calling out Kinnikuman Great's name and just saying "great!".
Posted Image

#59 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

Little bit late, but I was talking to Taka about this, and I showed him your message, Kenni. You have been spurned by a god. XD
I told him he was probably misunderstanding, but this is what he said. *censored* I don't think he meant to be insulting either.

[5:44:41 PM] takahata101: he doesnt think i can act?
[5:44:44 PM] takahata101: XD
[5:45:09 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: Yeah, he figures you were just playing yourself in Nappa's role. *shot*
[5:45:11 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: No, I think he means you're more of a comedian.
[5:45:13 PM] takahata101: gotta love that soundless educated logic XD
[5:45:17 PM] takahata101: horses *arse* i am
[5:45:21 PM] takahata101: i am an actor first
[5:45:23 PM] takahata101: comedian second
[5:45:25 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: Right.
[5:45:35 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: I still think you'd make a great Suguru.
[5:45:39 PM] takahata101: and i am sick and tired of unintellegent people not getting that
[5:45:49 PM] takahata101: peope lassume all i do is gruff voices
[5:46:01 PM] takahata101: mayeb *effing* look up some dbs and check out want i have done
[5:46:03 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: People who haven't heard your Shinigami-sama.
[5:46:05 PM] takahata101: yo ucann tell him that
[5:46:33 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: I don't think he meant to be insulting.
[5:46:35 PM] takahata101: he can just say " i dotn want him gettign the attention"
[5:46:44 PM] takahata101: ehhh screw it he said i couldnt act XD
[5:46:50 PM] takahata101: may i see his dubs?
[5:46:59 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: Oh, he's not the one doing it.
[5:47:07 PM] takahata101: who is he then?
[5:47:07 PM] Walker Prescott {bobsinbobsled}: He's the song translator.
[5:47:10 PM] takahata101: HA
[5:47:26 PM] takahata101: what i said you can tell him
[5:47:31 PM] takahata101: if he gets pissy then he can deal XD

Hahaha. Don't take it too hard, Kenni. He's a funny guy. I still kinda see him as Suguru.

Think about it-- if we have a big name guy like him in the lead role, then that might attract fans, too.

#60 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I think he misunderstood. ^^;; Oh, well, I've now gotten the hate of one million fanboys. Which, you know, was the only reason I wouldn't have encouraged Taka to do Kinnikuman. I can see him in the role, it's just that fanboys WOULDN'T. All they'd do is go "Nappa! Nappa! Nappa!" or just spout TeamFourStar lines all the time. I mean, Taka can do voices well, I'm sure, but he does still have to deal with typecasting. ^^;;; I think he misunderstood, with a mix of just the message getting lost in transition.

Looking on the post I made I can see what he took as me saying he couldn't act. What the point there was that I just wanted underrated people who could act to get a chance to shine, as opposed to well-known people who could also act. Basically just to give glory to an unsung hero, over giving more (yet still deserved) praise to a well-known one.

But, oh well, the damage has been done. I can now officially say I've become the most hated person, for (apparently) saying Taka can't act. Commence flaming. *hides in a bunker* Though, to shift a tiny bit of blame, you kinda mixed my message up too. I was criticising fans of Taka, not Taka.

#61 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

Naw, I think he did misunderstand, but I understood the message. I told him, "haha, hey, looks like you're too famous!" and posted the message. I will share this follow-up with him.
Due to the fact that he does not have an army of fanboys following after him everywhere he goes, I do not think you have an army of flamers after you... I think this conversation was just between me, him, and the FBI tapping into all our conversations.

On another note, does anyone want to come up with a set of lines to audition for characters, or should I dig through the manga?

#62 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

Totally too lazy to read the entire topic but my boyfriend can done a ton of Kinnikuman voices. I told him about the project and he seemed interested. So hopefully I can get him to sign up here and maybe help you guys. =3

#63 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

Totally too lazy to read the entire topic but my boyfriend can done a ton of Kinnikuman voices. I told him about the project and he seemed interested. So hopefully I can get him to sign up here and maybe help you guys. =3

Haha, thanks so much! Have him post an audition or something... he doesn't really have to join here, necessarily.

Does he have Skype? Because that's what a couple of people have been using for their auditions.

And before the question comes up, to those who want to try out, but don't have a mic, or have a really poor quality one-- I have a couple of suggestions for you. First off, this thread reviews mics--
http://voiceactingal...read.php?t=9236

But by my experience as a Voice Actor, the best mic for under a hundred bucks is the Samson C01U. It's only 89.99, and has really clear quality. But plugging of mics is done for now. :<

So anyways, I'm STILL trying to scrounge together some lines for the auditions, and a couple of translators.

#64 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Would you like to come up with some lines, perhaps from the character songs and such?

#65 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:58 AM

Would you like to come up with some lines, perhaps from the character songs and such?

Okay, I'll look at them. I was more looking for actual lines from the manga and anime.

#66 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

Okay, some lines to use for auditions coming up. I feel, personally, that they are good at delving into the characters, and their deeper characters (odd, for a cast first made up by stereotypes).

Kinniku Suguru (Goofy)

• "[laughing] Naa-hahahahaha!" - [Taken from just Suguru laughing, meant to sound obnoxious but lovable]
  • "Nahahahaha! [pleased with self, showing off to the crowd] Thank-you, thank-you! Oh, now, really, thank-you! Hey, lookie, everyone, I won! Yay! Yaaaaay!" - [Rough idea of what Suguru says after knocking Warsman down, and receiving applause, and he thinks it over]
  • "I won't even need the push of my farts!" - [Catchphrase]
  • "Gegee! [pronounced "Geh-gaaay!"] Yow! That hurt, dammit..." - [Having just been hit to the face]
  • "[frightened] Uwaaa! I'm scared!"

Kinniku Suguru (Serious)

• "No matter how many times I may fall down, I'm always helped back up, by my friends! That is what Friendship Power truly is!" - [To encourage the heroic side of Suguru]
  • "[angry] You no-good, Devil Choujin/Supermen! I will never forgive you for this! [pause] Burning... Inner Strength!" - [Most likely for any scene that sees Suguru facing a Devil Choujin who's hurt one of his friends, e.g. Akuma Shougun, after he beat Buffaloman]
  • "Here it comes! Technique from the 48 Killer Moves! Kinniku... BUSTER!"
  • "[anguished] Terrymaaaan!"
  • "[sorrowful] Guys... You were s'posed ta meet me in the lobby. [rhetorical question, mourning] What happened to you, Robin Mask, Wolfman... [pause, choking now] Terry!" - [After the matches with the Devil Choujin, and the others have died]

= = = = =

Terryman

• "Hello there! Ah'm the Texan Choujin, the Wild Bronco of Texas. Terryman!"
  • "[pensive] Come ta think of it, Ah've heard of this technique before..."
  • "[tense, worried, anxious, thinking to himself] This is low o' me, but I gotta fight dirty here, to win, to make sure that Kinnikuman doesn't have ta fight this guy!" - [When fighting dirtily against Robin Mask, in the semi-finals of the Choujin Olympics]
  • "[furious] Asuraman! You made fun of mah friends, and that is something I, Terryman, CANNOT FORGIVE!"
  • "[soothing Kinnikuman] Now, now, settle down, Muscle Head... He's just tryin' ta rough ya up in there, that's all..." - [To show how much of a friend Terry is to Suguru, and how he can calm Suguru down, helps to test the chemistry between who will play Suguru and Terry]

= = = = =

Robin Mask
  • "[thoughtful] Hmm... Kinnikuman... The Muscle Man... Is he really just that lucky, or could he really be a threat?"
  • "[sinister] Very well, Kinnikuman... You have managed to deal me a wound. But now I will no longer be showing you any mercy!"
  • "[incredulous, shocked] W-What have I done? Have I really gone too far? I was so caught up in winning, that I was blind to my own actions."
  • "[bold, courageous] Kinnikuman! I have caused you a great deal of bother! In retribution, I will now help you with all my might! Take this, Atlantis! [battle cry]"

= = = = =

Ramenman

• "[genial, non-threatening] Oh? You'd like me to sign this for you? Of course, please may I have your autograph book?" - [When Ramenman is signing the little boy's autograph book; shows his gentle side]
  • "[crazed, sadistic] Just a little bit more! Soon I shall hear your bones snap! [sound of great effort]" - [Performing the Camel Clutch, most likely on Brockenman; to show how brutal Ramenman can be]
  • "[like a father talking to a son, mentor talking to student] You lost because you hold your father too dear. You concern yourself too much with the past. Let go of your past and the desire for revenge, and you shall become much greater!"
  • "[ominous] You are a computer, able to anticipate my every move and counter it. However, what can you do, when I use moves never before associated with me?"

= = = = =

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know they're not totally accurate to events in the manga, but they're important for getting into the character. We need to make sure an emotional range is there, after all, which is why I gave those trying for Suguru the most lines, as well as the two personalities. We need to believe both sides of Suguru, after all.

Oh, and I had to include the "Muscle Head" nickname you were thinking of giving Terry to use with Suguru. I just thought that was really cute, for Terryman to have that as a pet name for Suguru.

More shall come, but this post is already getting huge, so I'll cut off for now, and amass some more lines, for the rest of the Seigi Choujin, and some of the Akuma Choujin. What characters are you casting at the moment?

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 09 July 2009 - 06:20 AM.

#67 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:00 AM

Oooooh! Thank you so much! I was just starting to come up with stuff.
So... before we get too in over our heads, I'd like to just do the characters from the Kaijuu arc up 'til the Chojin Olympics. So, like, anyone major from the Olympics, or anyone major from the Kaijuu arc.
So for now I'd just say, put together something for Meat, Skullduggery, and maybe Brocken Jr., then I'll post it. As far as my painkiller says, that's all the major characters for the beginning of the anime.

Thanks so much again... I'll work on putting together a video for Youtube, and some voice clips for the VAA.

#68 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:38 AM

Are you sure you don't want to just skip the Kaijuu arc, for the time being? If this goes through, it might be a lot of people's first exposure to the franchise, and it's best not to give them the wrong impression about it. (even some re-releases of the manga have left out the entire Kaijuu arc)
Posted Image

#69 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

Kinkotsuman

• "Mu-hyo-hyo-hyo-hyo-hyooooo!" - [Of course, his laugh]
  • "Yep, that's right! I am Sharekoube, but my alias, that's Kinkotsuman, is that!" - [His introductory line, with my spin on it.]
  • "[frustrated] Aaah! What the hell is this, what is?!" - [Kinkotsuman, after having failed (yet again)]
  • "It's time for us to go, Iwao, is that!"

= = = = =

Brocken Jr.

• "My name is Brocken Jr. My father was killed in the ring."
  • "[angered, confrontational] Ramenman!"
  • "[anxious] Ramenman!"
  • "Ramenman... I'll work alongside you, in the meantime, to help Kinnikuman. But after this, I swear I will kill you!"

= = = = =

Meat

• "[happy, hyper] Prince!"
  • "[fed up] Prii-iiince!"
  • "Your Majesty, this is bad! The Prince is in danger!"
  • "Ee-hee-ha-ha-haha!" - [My take on cute laughter for Meat]
  • "[sigh, resigned to fate] The Prince is a dummy..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I had a brain-splat when thinking of lines for Meat, if only because I can't remember any major things that Meat says other than squeaking "Prince!", when it comes to the first few arcs.

With Kinkotsuman/Skullduggery, I was trying to think of a way to translate the "da wa sa/dawasa" that he adds to his sentences. In my research, I've found some people saying that it could be a Nagoya dialect, and that this symbolises crudeness. I can see that, with Kinkotsuman's character, so I decided to give him a sort of thing, where he's asserting what he says, in a nonsensical fashion. In a way, I suppose you could say it's like Kinkotsuman asserting his decisions to others, if you wanted to get psychological. But, yeah, it was me playing around with verbal tics.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 09 July 2009 - 06:21 AM.

#70 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:15 AM

Thanks again, Kenni. I'll try to post it by Friday. :D

And Stecase... that's a good idea. I think I just may do that. I believe episode 7 is the first of the Chojin Olympics. Thank you for bringing that idea up.

#71 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

Doing the audition lines, I didn't mention the thing abut the Olympics, but, yes, it would probably be best to do like Funimation with GT, and get to the action first, then do the first episodes later as "lost episodes", or something.

#72 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

So is it kinkotsuman/Iwao or is it Skullduggery and Rocky Slab? Personally, the latter seem to be better to appeal to a larger audience.

I also always thought of Skullduggery's personality as an exaggerated 'mad evil scientist' personality. Check the 'shrimp' chapter in volume two for an example of that. That personaliyt seemed like a reflection of Kinnikuman's confidence, and offset/contrasts the actual screwup he really is.

Also:

[Rocky Slab]
[trying to get SD's attention]: Heeey, Skullduugery! (or Heeey, 'Kotsumaaan!)
[responding to SD's command]: Yes, Master!
[laugh/cheering]
[plan failed] Goddammit! Runawaaay!

[Nachiguron (Nachi)]
Well, just cheering mostly, and possibly 'Go, Kinnikuman!'

[Mister Pee/Binkiman] (Hannibal Lector-style voice?)
[threatening] I will... fffff-lush you, kin niku man.
[haughty] You think you can fffff-inish me? (gurgling laugh)
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#73 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

I'm thinking it'll be Skullduggery and Rocky, for the same reasons you stated. I'll get to work on the video, and scouting some people out for auditions. My buddy Michael (UltimateZDawn) has promised to put something together, and I will also be doing something once I can get my pop shield for my new mic *hugs it* And Taka kinda hinted that he might be doing something too, so I'd like to see who else we can influence with that.

#74 bobsinbobsled

bobsinbobsled

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

Double-post, but now that I've built my pop shield, I recorded a couple of auditions for the characters.
As of now, it's just Robin Mask and Ramen Man, but soon it'll be more. I really wanna try out for Geronimo, and see what you guys think. XD

EDIT: Oh my, forgot to include the link. Oh goodness deary-me.

http://www.mediafire...php?0qtg3wguzmw

Edited by bobsinbobsled, 10 July 2009 - 05:07 AM.

#75 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

I'm tempted to try for Natsuko, if you guys are gonna include her.. XD

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com