Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is the name of this Deka? Lucky find!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:32 AM

I always wondered what it would feel like to:

1-win an auction and not know exactly what was in the lot
2-get it in the mail and be shocked to find a super rare anything

That happened today: https://page.auction...tion/q150418015

I always dreamed about winning a lot that had rare class Muscle figures or a purple claw (haha). The closest thing to experiencing that was at the beginning of my collecting the Muscle Mattel line. I got a Satan Cross and not even realizing it until weeks later after doing inventory and joining LRG.

I love Kinnikuman Dekas and anything Kinnikuman Deka related. I have been trying to complete the 117 set for 2 years now (missing only 1: Mariposa).

I also enjoy painting Dekas and on occasion I will see a sculpt or two I was missing in general or from my collection to paint. I collect things simultaneously or at a time and in March I bumped into this yahoojapan listing.

The listing itself had 3 pictures and one could not tell which Deka figures came with the lot. What interested me from the lot was the Battle Royal Deka Ashuraman I was missing from my collection and I thought: “Sure why not”.

I bid on it and six days later I won the listing for about $20. Afterwards I didn’t pay much attention to it until I got an email from the Japanese buying site I use informing me the package had arrived and was ready to ship.

To keep things as cheap as possible with Deka I almost always ship them Seamail (its by boat and it takes circa 60 days). I have never had a problem shipping stuff in this manner and its not a rush so I don’t mind waiting.

Today I received that package and I do my usual run through and cleaning.

The lot had some pretty good Deka sculpts like Hawkman ,VTR, Battle Royal Ramenman, Battle Royal Buffalo Man, Battle Royal Ashuraman, Battle Royal Warsman, 2 Ultraman Kaiju Deka, even 1 FOTNS Deka. I owned all of them already besides the Ashuraman and the Ultraman Kaiju.

Then upon closer inspection I almost lost my Sh*t…

In the lot was one of the rare Dekas not exclusive to the 117 run. I cannot remember his name so please help :D

I immediately checked my copy of REX Magazine #06 2015 and indeed I was right! According to the 1 page spread it’s “worth” 120,000 yen (circa $1,070 bucks give or take with the exchange rate). Of course the price is arbitrary or according to Mandarake but I was still super excited nonetheless.

I'm not even sure on the market value (I have seen the kinkeshi variant sculpt online from time to time priced highly). A lovely addition to my Deka collection.

The beauty of collecting!

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   72.23K   13 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   166.26K   21 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   75.59K   21 downloads
  • Attached File  4.jpg   73.2K   12 downloads
  • Attached File  5.jpg   40.38K   7 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 June 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

Here are some pics from the other Dekas in the giant lot (like I said before I already own these but these are cleaner sculpts of the ones I already had).

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   45.49K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   43.77K   4 downloads

#3 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

Some Buffalo Men (two of three Deka versions) and I was excited to find the plastic/Deka combination Tons figure (I saw it for the first time in a lot of Kinkeshi sold by Eric Nilla and I wanted it ever since)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   48.52K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   45.98K   3 downloads

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 June 2017 - 07:40 AM.

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

Last but not least: 3 Battle Royal Dekas, 1 Fist of The North Star Deka & 2 Ultraman Kaiju Deka I didn't own (that makes 5 in my set but I dont know how many they made total).

Attached Files

#5 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:12 AM

In the lot was one of the rare Dekas not exclusive to the 117 run. I cannot remember his name so please help

Is it supposed to be a locomotive of some kind? One way to read the yellow katakana on the the magazine would be "Train Man". I don't know the character though, so that may be wrong.

Thank you

#6 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

I think the idea/concept was one of the fan "contest" submissions that was eventually made into a real kinkeshi & Deka (along with other characters), it's  supposed to be a train man of some kind.

#7 Maxrez

Maxrez

Cosmic Loot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the story, this train man is really cool.

#8 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Oh what a great score. Happy for you man! I love the Dekka figures too, but only have around 7 or 8 of them. I absolutely love that Ukon and Mammothman in your pics. Those are my two favorite kinnukiman/muscle figures. I'd love to have the pair myself someday!

Congrats on the killer find!

#9 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

Trainman! Great deka! I would love to recast him up. :D

I have the regular Trainman.
Attached File  Screenshot_20170629-225754.jpg   96.38K   20 downloads

#10 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

Are the other 4 in the picture also yours? If yes, Holy Cow! What a collection!

Edited by kayfabe1985, 29 June 2017 - 10:24 PM.

#11 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

Yes all mine

#12 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Oh wow! That Deka Trainman is awesome. Nice find.

Edited by SmokinGun, 10 July 2017 - 01:40 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com