17 replies to this topic

#1 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Travis over on the GPKUG really wanted a Murray Christmas Cheap Toy from Uraeus but they were sold out. So he got in contact with Uraeus over a few months and got him to agree to allow me to cast some up for fun and not for sale. Well after i got in touch with him we worked out a deal so I could sell some. :)

So he will be for sale next week.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Muscle Things

Muscle Things

Wart Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Coked up wrestling promos and MUSCLEs

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Damn those are fresh! love all those colors especially the oranges, the neon green and that glitter. and the neon pink. and the dark green pine color is wicked. I only have one so far, I gotta some some of the Nillas fo sho

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Finally added to the store. $15 + shipping

http://ericnilla.sto...urray-christmas

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Trying to go around and give everyone a heads up that topps contacted me again with a cease and desist on anything GPK related. So I will not be promoting or selling anymore custom cheap toys in my store.

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

*In his store*

Pay attention to context folks.
Shit just got incognito, nudge nudge.

#6 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Trying to go around and give everyone a heads up that topps contacted me again with a cease and desist on anything GPK related. So I will not be promoting or selling anymore custom cheap toys in my store.

How do these guys found out about this stuff? Do they employ someone to trawl around looking for it or what?

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

How do these guys found out about this stuff? Do they employ someone to trawl around looking for it or what?

I blame George Gaspar, but then again, I blame him for everything.... It was either him or Ironoak.

Everything is their respective faults.

#8 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

I blame George Gaspar, but then again, I blame him for everything.... It was either him or Ironoak.

Everything is their respective faults.

Haha I swear. :no:

I think topps is doing something Cheap Toy related so they are putting their foot down.

#9 Skullking

Skullking

I have a large obsession with small figures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, MIMP, Armorvors, Mordles

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I'm sure Topps is owned by a bigger corp which employs people to do nothing but scour the net for stuff like this. It's mostly just for making sure sensitive info hasn't gotten leaked, but they'll make note of anything they come across. If they can curtail things by sending a C&D, then they usually won't pursue. But I know bootleggers in China can eff over companies really badly. It's kind of stupid for IP's like this, at the amount of stuff Eric produces, but I think they're paranoid that someone will notice if He's successful and try to do the same on a larger scale.

George strikes me as the type of person who gets a little too 'passionate' about stuff, but I couldn't see him flagging people out to companies. Of course, I don't know the guy, and maybe if what Eric said is correct, and a GPKCT line is in the works, he may be involved somehow.

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

George strikes me as the type of person who gets a little too 'passionate' about stuff, but I couldn't see him flagging people out to companies. Of course, I don't know the guy, and maybe if what Eric said is correct, and a GPKCT line is in the works, he may be involved somehow.

Haha, I was just talking shit. I don't think his sphere of influence is that large.

#11 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I think it's all due to the douchebag who wined to Topps last year.

#12 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

I think a lot of the cheap toy collectors have strong feelings about customs being made in the first place... especially if they're anywhere near original colors. At least that's the sense I've gotten with the few I've met when the subject has come up. But yeah I wouldn't doubt if a certain winey bee-eye-itch or another jealous party said something.

#13 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I think a lot of the cheap toy collectors have strong feelings about customs being made in the first place... especially if they're anywhere near original colors. At least that's the sense I've gotten with the few I've met when the subject has come up. But yeah I wouldn't doubt if a certain winey bee-eye-itch or another jealous party said something.

It's not like you can't tell the difference between originals and customs...
But, like a lot of these lines, there is this weird culture of wanting to keep the hobby exclusive, at almost any cost.
It's kept my interest of GPK pretty low.

#14 Jackson

Jackson

Mondo Brawndo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hopefully the heat is due to an upcoming release to go along with the new BNS cards and not the complaining of a very small minority. If Topps is not releasing a new round of toys they need to let fans make their own figures for other fans to enjoy. Crappy thing is, even if they DO release new ones, I have a feeling the new sculpts won't match the quality of what some artists are creating right now ( which is probably what Topps is afraid of haha )

#15 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Topps can hire me for freee

#16 Uraeus

Uraeus

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I think Topps should at least lay off new characters that they NEVER MADE. Nasty Nick, Grim Jim, Murray Christmas and my other characters are are original artwork.It's fan art, the law says the creator of any intellectual property has an automatic copyright at the moment of creation. As soon as the work is fixed in a tangible medium of some sort (words on paper, a sculpture in any medium, a photo, etc.), all rights to it reside with its creator.

Here is the example of the reverse:
The same is not true of a photo of a sculpture. Because a sculpture is a three dimensional object, it can only be duplicated by means of three dimensional reproduction, i.e., casting copies of it. A two dimensional image on paper does not constitute a copy of a sculpture. It is a photograph, not a sculpture. Not only that, but a photograph only shows one view of the sculpture. It cannot equal the experience of walking around a sculpture, or picking it up and turning it around in one's hands. The utility of a sculpture lies in being able to perceive it's three-dimensionality first hand. That experience cannot be duplicated in a photograph, therefore, the photo is recognized as a completely different medium of expression and it is apparent that it is not the embodiment of the sculpture.

Scratch-built toys based on existing characters, but not based on existing toys and either based on designs from comics or cartoons with no toy counterpart, or even entirely made up, would qualify as derivative works, because adapting a 2D design into a functional 3D toy constitutes a creative process that qualifies as an original expression of ideas.

Transformers wiki

#17 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Here's mine on trip out to the city of Oxford England!

E5C05888-557C-40F2-B94D-A440540A68D6-104

E07D141C-3033-4B78-B591-D4C806101244-104

bbb3.jpg

#18 NolanJP

NolanJP

Atomic Monster Maker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Creating stuff from my brain thru the careful application of hands and patience.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

I think Topps should at least lay off new characters that they NEVER MADE. Nasty Nick, Grim Jim, Murray Christmas and my other characters are are original artwork.It's fan art, the law says the creator of any intellectual property has an automatic copyright at the moment of creation. As soon as the work is fixed in a tangible medium of some sort (words on paper, a sculpture in any medium, a photo, etc.), all rights to it reside with its creator.Here is the example of the reverse: The same is not true of a photo of a sculpture. Because a sculpture is a three dimensional object, it can only be duplicated by means of three dimensional reproduction, i.e., casting copies of it. A two dimensional image on paper does not constitute a copy of a sculpture. It is a photograph, not a sculpture. Not only that, but a photograph only shows one view of the sculpture. It cannot equal the experience of walking around a sculpture, or picking it up and turning it around in one's hands. The utility of a sculpture lies in being able to perceive it's three-dimensionality first hand. That experience cannot be duplicated in a photograph, therefore, the photo is recognized as a completely different medium of expression and it is apparent that it is not the embodiment of the sculpture.Scratch-built toys based on existing characters, but not based on existing toys and either based on designs from comics or cartoons with no toy counterpart, or even entirely made up, would qualify as derivative works, because adapting a 2D design into a functional 3D toy constitutes a creative process that qualifies as an original expression of ideas.Transformers wiki

:))

MISSING: Still Jill series 2 Cheap toy. It's not mine, but it might be yours. If willing please trade or sell to me. Thank you!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com