170 replies to this topic

#1 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

I've just bumped into this website http://www.kinnikuman-mp.com/ and found out how sweet this kinnikuman game is, but I still don't have the slightest idea about this new arcade system made by banpresto, what is it exactly?

Edit: Sorry but I can't read Japanese, so my question is: is this game gonna be out exclusively for arcades or for a console system as well? does anybody know when it's due out?

Edited by buffaloman, 16 April 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#2 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:29 PM

site has been updated, benkiman will be in the game, pictures and moves added

#3 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:33 PM

haha, sweet, Benkiman is one of my favorite characters. I hope this game gets a home release.

#4 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:41 PM

haha, sweet, Benkiman is one of my favorite characters. I hope this game gets a home release.

it will, it's called kinnikuman muscle grand prix max, you can order it already for PS2 from playasia

http://www.play-asia...an-70-1byo.html

another link here as to the console port, it's in french but it's not hard to extract the sense of it.
http://www.gamekult....J000077318.html

#5 Zombie

Zombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Brains

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:05 PM

Cool, thanks for the link. I didn't know they announced a home release. Has it been mentioned yet what, if any differences there will be in the arcade versus the PS2 version?

Edit: Ah, according to that french link, Benkiman is exclusive to the home version, along with other characters apparently.

Edited by Zombie, 24 April 2006 - 05:12 PM.

#6 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

Edit: Ah, according to that french link, Benkiman is exclusive to the home version, along with other characters apparently.

yep, I hope there will be at least all the characters seen in "galactic wrestling"! also by watching the game system video clip available on the site I could spot lord wrangler and sunshine supreme, therefore I'm sure they will add much more characters sooner or later in the character section.

Anyway the game so far looks great, and gameplay seems to have been improved and powered up, it looks a little bit tekkenish more than a wrestling game tho, and I can't tell whether or not it's a good thing at the moment, I took a look at the moves chart of each character and it strikes me it'll be pretty confusing performing a special move this time, the system again it reminds me of tekken or mortal kombat fatalities, what do you guys think?

Edited by buffaloman, 24 April 2006 - 05:26 PM.

#7 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:28 PM

A PS2 version, eh? Yet again, another Kinnikuman game that I cannot get. At least I can still get the PSP games.

Still, is Benkiman the only exclusive? And I'm not tsure if those are all the characters or not.

#8 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

A PS2 version, eh? Yet again, another Kinnikuman game that I cannot get. At least I can still get the PSP games.

Still, is Benkiman the only exclusive? And I'm not tsure if those are all the characters or not.

the exact amount of the characters is still unkown, the game is under developmnet and it looks like they are adding new characters by and by, (Benkiman wan not in the list until a couple of days ago) according to the french website the PS2 version will have some unlockable characters, and this feature won't be present in the arcade version.
Anyhow, so far in the web site are shown all the main legends + benkiman and mantaro + Kevin mask as new generation, hopefully they'll add more G2 wrestlers.

#9 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:03 PM

The game is coming out for PS2 in Japan, but there's no guarantee of a US release, or did I miss something?

#10 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:23 PM

The game is coming out for PS2 in Japan, but there's no guarantee of a US release, or did I miss something?

so far it's been announced for the Japanese territory, but since the show is popular in the US as well I'm sure it'll be brought out in the US as well, if not it's not a bid deal, it's an arcade game, therefore I doubt it's going to feature a deep storymode where you need to understand what they say.

#11 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:00 PM

...if not it's not a bid deal, it's an arcade game, therefore I doubt it's going to feature a deep storymode where you need to understand what they say.

True, but Japanese PS2 games don't work on US PS2 systems.

#12 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

...if not it's not a bid deal, it's an arcade game, therefore I doubt it's going to feature a deep storymode where you need to understand what they say.

never heard about mod chips or swapmagic? :blink:

#13 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, I have, but the last I heard they are invasive to your system and can damage it unless they've gotten better? If so, please provide info.

#14 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, I have, but the last I heard they are invasive to your system and can damage it unless they've gotten better? If so, please provide info.

the PS2 lens is very delicate and burns out very very easily even with original games, especially if you watch DVD films on it or play CD games, I know it's a bummer but that's the way it is, anyway they've found a way to protect the lens by making more sophisticated chips or kits that protect the lens, but there's an easier solution nowdays.
In fact, if you have a brand new PS2 I suggest you not chip it cuz the warranty would be automatically void.

With a very little work you can turn your PS2 into a region free console, you've got to tell me which PS2 model you own (slim line, or the old big one).
If you have a slim PS2 it's very simple, there's a tool composed of 3 little pieces of rubber that will fit into the 3 main sensors located in the CD reader, it's called twist tool, it's brand new and more functional than the old one, it allows you to make the DVD run with the lid open so you can swap the required software with the DVD backup you want to run (in this case kinnikuman); as I just said you also need a software called swapmagic, it's a boot disk that launches whatever DVD backup or foreign system you need. Take a look at this site, it explains you very well how the kit is to be installed and what it does.
This shop is in Austria, if you are in the US I'll give you an American site where you can get it if you decide to buy it that is.
http://www.console.c...ec706086884b94b
If you have any other qustion or doubt feel free to ask me

#15 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

Cool, thanks for the info.

#16 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:35 AM

update: check out the characters section on http://www.kinnikuman-mp.com/ac/ Rogue Shogun has been added :(

#17 papabazooka

papabazooka

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:12 PM

Muscle Gravity???

Thanks for the link
I don't remember it happening that way.

#18 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:51 AM

we'll have to wait till the end of july for this game unfortunately :rolleyes:

#19 papabazooka

papabazooka

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:15 AM

Kinnikuman Grand Prix

Seeing at least half of the finishers, and the way the game plays
there are 2 things missing
1. lighting quick speed ala (GC)
2. The finisher don't have the same uumph

Don't get me wrong, where the game is lacking in those areas
should make-up in replay value 10 fold. C'mon it's NAMCO
the people that brought you TEKKEN(5) and SOUL CALIBUR(3)

Umm? So you say the game comes out in July

#20 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts
  • Interests:Comics, Video Games, Drawing comics, Toy collecting, Cartoons, TV shows and movies that would make me laugh for sake of nostalgia, so on ....

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

SHouldn't you all be looking at this site instead?
http://www.bandaigam...s2_kinniku_max/
I mean, you got the main heroes (Geronimo and Kinnikuman Great short) two of the quarter-finalists of the second olympics (Pentagon and Benkiman), you have all the seven devil chojins, Mantaro, Kevin Mask, Terry the Kid and Jade/Jaeger as well. Of course, there's gonna be Ashuraman, Sunshine, The Ninja and Akuma Shogun. Now, if only Neptuneman and Kinnikuman Great are in....

Yes, yes. I welcome all future "Thanks, Frobman. Good find!"

#21 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

SHouldn't you all be looking at this site instead?
http://www.bandaigam...s2_kinniku_max/
I mean, you got the main heroes (Geronimo and Kinnikuman Great short) two of the quarter-finalists of the second olympics (Pentagon and Benkiman), you have all the seven devil chojins, Mantaro, Kevin Mask, Terry the Kid and Jade/Jaeger as well. Of course, there's gonna be Ashuraman, Sunshine, The Ninja and Akuma Shogun. Now, if only Neptuneman and Kinnikuman Great are in....

Yes, yes. I welcome all future "Thanks, Frobman. Good find!"

great site frobman, thanks for the link, this is the PS2 version which includes even more characters than the arcade one, I was afraid there would only be kevin mask and mantaru as gen 2 characters, fortunately there are gonna be more.

papabazooka: yes the gameplay looks very tekkenish and it could be a flaw, besides the life gauge seems to drop too quickly then I suppose a match doesn't last long, that's too bad, I like long matches with sudden twists :rolleyes:

#22 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

Wait. I forgot to mention something even sweeter! STORY MODE! That's right! The story mode shown is about the Seven Devil Chojin story arc, with cutscenes sorta like Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1 on PS2. Freakin' Sweet! Now, if they had the Devil Knights and Dream Tag Team story arcs... that would be even sweeter!

#23 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:33 AM

Wait. I forgot to mention something even sweeter! STORY MODE! That's right! The story mode shown is about the Seven Devil Chojin story arc, with cutscenes sorta like Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1 on PS2. Freakin' Sweet! Now, if they had the Devil Knights and Dream Tag Team story arcs... that would be even sweeter!

how do you know that? did you manage to translate the entire website? the characters section doesn't include rogue shogun, sunshine and shivano is that because it's not yet complete?

Edited by buffaloman, 28 May 2006 - 10:36 AM.

#24 Frobman

Frobman

KA-KAKAKAKA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1318 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

I know some Katakana (seeing as it says SuToRii MoDo in game mode, and there's cutscenes), and only sequences from the 7AC story arc are shown.
Ashuraman and The Ninja are shown in some images.

#25 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:26 AM

I know some Katakana (seeing as it says SuToRii MoDo in game mode, and there's cutscenes), and only sequences from the 7AC story arc are shown.
Ashuraman and The Ninja are shown in some images.

how about the movie section? I see no movie, only 2 versions of benkiman
as for the cutscenes where are they? I only see screenshots here and don't show the ninja

Edited by buffaloman, 28 May 2006 - 11:34 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com