2 replies to this topic

#1 poopatrooper

poopatrooper

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

Just discovered this site. Very cool. Thought I'd start out by posting a picture of (most of) my vintage poopatrooper collection.

These fun little guys were made by the Imperial Toy Corporation from about 1971-1974. After 1974 they replaced these designs with the vastly inferior types that you can still find today. I managed to keep nine of these guys from my childhood. I have parachutes for most of these guys, but I keep them separate to avoid tangling. I've done some some touching up of eye and helmet paint to make my collection look as new as possible.

These guys were my favorites when I was a kid. They made great astronauts or space toys long after their parachutes got tangled and ripped. I used to launch them up in my Estes rockets and bombard and flood their sandbox fortresses.

Somebody here must remember these guys. I'd love to chat, trade, etc. if anybody's got any of these guys.

Also check out my kaboodle page at http://mycollectible...patroopers.html.

Attached File  group_small.jpg   112.49K   89 downloads

Edited by WhiteLeo, 16 March 2007 - 12:56 PM.

#2 poopatrooper

poopatrooper

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:35 AM

Thanks. My younger brothers had a big collection of M.U.S.C.L.E.s. I thought they were pretty cool. It's fun to see the collections here. Sadly, my brothers fried all their M.U.S.C.L.E.s with magnifying glasses or napalmed them with gasoline. I'm not too familiar with the battle beasts, but they look cool too. The little rubber guys I'm attached to are the early poopatroopers. I'm always looking to add to my collection or talk to someone else who remembers them. I figured people who collect other little rubber guys would appreciate my poopatrooper collection.

I'm also interested in the discussions on painting and dyeing. I'll have to explore the site in more detail to get some tips.

Here's another poopatrooper picture - a page from the 1972 Imperial Toy catalog:

Attached File  catalog_page_1972_a.jpg   361.46K   27 downloads

#3 poopatrooper

poopatrooper

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:07 AM

Oh, I should add that I don't much care for the poopatrooper designs introduced in 1975, which are still available. Sure they're still fun to throw in the air and watch float to earth, but I have no interest in collecting them.

Attached File  crappy_poopatroopers.jpg   53.69K   45 downloads

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com