4 replies to this topic

#1 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 06:02 AM

I've been searching around this forum for info so might have missed something, so sorry if this is a stupid question!

I've managed to match up a bunch of these on kayfabe1985's checklist from here.

So I'm fairly happy that these are all Amada:

Attached File  20200823_143736.jpg   64.17K   6 downloads

Attached File  20200823_143759.jpg   82.48K   12 downloads

Which leaves me with these guys, who I am assuming are Popy?

Attached File  20200823_144032.jpg   67.36K   8 downloads

Attached File  20200823_144045.jpg   52.02K   7 downloads

I'm pretty sure all of those three appear in this thread but just wondered how to tell the difference otherwise?  They seem to be the same size/scale and have the same stamp on the back.  I know there doesn't seem to be a Popy list anywhere, but just wondered how anyone else knew which were which?

Thanks!

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:17 PM

They are all made by Popy, you can see the "P" stamp on their back.

Edited by Ericnilla, 27 August 2020 - 02:20 PM.

#3 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 02:02 AM

They are all made by Popy, you can see the "P" stamp on their back.

Yes, they have but what's throwing me is this from Kayfabe1985's Showcase post here: http://www.littlerub...258627&hl=amada

(I've just kept in the relevant bits, there is a lot more to this post:

Amada is a company name that had a license to the Kinnikuman characters. They are smaller than regular Kinkeshi (but not always) and the gashapon price was for 20 yen!!!
If you check out the famous first issue of REX Magazine 2008 they talk about the Amada Kinkeshi and give it a spread of 6 pages. According to the magazine it had 10 parts total (so 100 figures total but a ton more if you count the color variations).

I have yet to find a complete checklist online or even how to tell which are Amada/distinguishable traits (some you can tell by the rubber sculpts and something I call peeling around the mold). But often I confuse them with Poppy Kinkeshi...

Japanese Link: http://blog.livedoor...1026582196.html

Japanese Link: http://www.din.or.jp.../kin_amada.html
Since I could not find a checklist for Amada Kinkeshi/Mini Kinkeshi; I decided to make one for myself to keep track of what I own in my own collection.

I am still not finished so this is Version 1.... but I will be updating it as soon as I get new Mini Kinkeshi (right now I still have about 60 + to catalog).

Please feel free to use it within the community :)

My CPU skills are lacking unfortunately so its pretty basic/rudimentary, my criteria for what I catalogued:

1-Only Mini KInkeshi with the marking:  © YS.N.T with a circled P underneath (the two dots being key); so no bootlegs (although some Pachi/bootlegs look identical to the original Mini Kinkeshi sculpts but if they do not have the mark I wont count them).

So from that Amada is a separate company, but still use the circled P. Which is why I was confused!

So are the Amada and Popy series actually the same thing then?

#4 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 11:09 PM

No, Amanda and Popy are different companies. They don't share markings. Popy are known as legit Kinkeshi.

Amada Kinkeshi usually if not always have no markings and are knock off/ bootleg style figures.

The Super Rare kinkeshi sculpts are Amada, and have no markings.

Attached File  20160507_2cda0a.JPG   42.91K   10 downloads

There are many bootlegs of kinkeshi and Amada is the known company that releases them. They can be bandai, popy, or even there own sculpts, but almost always they will have no markings or at least faded markings.

plus on a side note there are a few different Mini Kinkeshi sets, not just one big set.

Edited by Ericnilla, 28 August 2020 - 11:15 PM.

#5 s279

s279

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, makes more sense that they all go together - I just got sidetracked with that other thread!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com