• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

well, i found a new toy at shopko today and i think you'll all really like it. they're robot action figures that are very similar in design to the plasma tech figures from mega bloks.

CYBOTRONIX : MARS CREATION
COMPANY: happy kid toy group ltd. company's website doesn't have info about this particular line unfortunately. seems to be a small company though, prolly can't afford a site update.
SIZE: figures are about 4" tall.
PRICE: package of 7 figures was $10.
PACKAGING: box packaging with plastic nests and those damn wire ties. front of package is really nothing other than a window to the figures. back of packaging has a cool battle scene with all toys from the series. when i first saw it, it reminded me of a repackaged toy you might find at big lots.
ARTICULATION: figures are articulated much in the same manner as the plasmaverse toys, small ball joints across the body. however, due to the larger size, they can boast a total 13 points instead of the typical 5-6 found on plasma figs. but don't confuse the higher amount of articulation points for greater pose-ability. because the joints are so tight, most don't move more than maybe 20 to 30 degrees, and the rest are much more limited. that being said, they still look really cool and you can get some pretty decent poses out of them for displaying purposes.
DETAIL: paint apps are very simple. but they are very tight and they work well. the only problem with the painting i can see is on the two figures with out full helmets or masks and it's their human faces. not the best painting there. although, they did do a good job on the eyes and neither of them suffer from googily eyes. the sculpts are where these figs really shine. for a cheap toy, the really did make them look cool. intricate detail abounds on every surface. even where the figure is least likely to be seen, the back, there is a great amount of detail.
VALUE: for the price you pay for these figs, they're really second to none. you get seven highly detailed figures with weapon accessories galore. other than the clear blue guy, who only seems to have a giant energy axe, the rest seem to have two guns each. just in case you want to recreate the shootout at the o.k. corral robot style. there's over 100 pcs included in this set and that's where the real value comes into play. this would be an excellent set for any customizer. you can kitbash the hell out of these guys and with the level of detail on the sculpt a custom paint job would look fantastic. i'm going to pick up a second set just for that very purpose.
DOWNSIDE: the two alien figures, clear orange and clear blue, don't seem to want to stay together when you play with them. they feel like a different plastic, more like the soft vinyl toys while the others are more of a hard plastic. also, their level of detail and paint apps is far inferior to the other five figures. along those lines, these are not for little kids below the age of 5. the small parts are highly inviting with their sweet candy plastic smell.

overall, i really like this new set of figs. i can't wait to track down a few of the vehicles that are on the back of the packaging. i recommend this set to anyone who loves mechsuits and robots. and i double recommend it to anyone looking for a new toy to customize.

Attached Files

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#2 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

An EXCELLENT "value" line! I actually have a few pictures of custom MARS figures i made long ago. I converted an Alien unit into a a mech (w/ a 1'' tall fully poseable figure). That area behind the translucent bubble just screams "seating area" lol.

I have extensive info re: this line so if your ever curious about something shoot me a message and id be glad to help if i can.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

are the pics of your customs online? i'd love to see them. i went back to try and find some vehicles but haven't been able to track any down locally. i've tried the three stores that are not a million miles from my house. i'm not going any further than that. still need to get my second set of these for customizing purposes.

Edited by dankingery, 05 September 2008 - 04:26 PM.

#4 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

My sincere apologies man...it looks like i deleted all of the images in my photobucket account (which wouldnt be an issue but ive reformatted my HD recently as well so the originals are gone).

Description :
An alien figure painted silver with neon green and purple highlights. A metal warhammer 40K weapon (laser cannon) was grafted to the ball joint that fits in the alien shoulder. The interior (behind the translucent "head" covering") was removed and putty was placed in the inside ( i sculpted a chair / seating area). I created a hinge on the plastic head piece so it could open and close.

Lastly i created a 1'' tall fully poseable figure using an armature , superglue, sculpey and flexible material. It looked good but the plastic doesnt hold paint well AT ALL. That and the 1'' tall pilot looked good but ultimately with a metal armature if you pose it to much youd eventually break it.

It was fun though :-)
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#5 wolfdragoon666x

wolfdragoon666x

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:38 AM

An EXCELLENT "value" line! I actually have a few pictures of custom MARS figures i made long ago. I converted an Alien unit into a a mech (w/ a 1'' tall fully poseable figure). That area behind the translucent bubble just screams "seating area" lol.

I have extensive info re: this line so if your ever curious about something shoot me a message and id be glad to help if i can.

i read your report, very well written, i have two of the action figures the green mecha suit and the orange alien, i am looking at all walgreen in florida but they don't carry the actionfigures.

#6 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

check shopko. they're the only place i've found them.

#7 Airot

Airot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order, these are the things I collect;
    Monster in my Pocket (Both original the modern)
    Gamoja
    Fistful of Power
    Monster Connectors
    Gormiti
    Boglins
    Plasma Creatures
    Dinosaurs
    Mighty Max
    HorrorClix

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

HEY!

I know that company!

They made my childhood best friend!

Attached File  robotlove18.jpg   117.28K   11 downloads

he was one of the first toys they ever made, if I'm reading the model numbers right, the 7th robot in the 1st line. He's 17 or 18 years old now.

They still make robots just like him too :D

I wish those mars toys were available in AU, I'd buy two full sets in thanks because they enriched my childhood with their awesome toys. I've looked at them a few times on the internet, but postage always winds up being huge.
I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret.

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

Random fun fact: I believe the person responsible for designing or helping to design Jagun Fighters is responsible for these figures as well!

#9 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:41 AM

Random fun fact: I believe the person responsible for designing or helping to design Jagun Fighters is responsible for these figures as well!

Really? How do you know?

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Sorry, forgot to respond. Cross-referencing seemed to reveal the connection. A CollectionDX review of Jagun links to the designer's homepage, which there reveals these robots and aliens in what looks like his own creations. I suppose there's a chance he's only reviewing the toys in this line, but I didn't get that impression. So there ya go.

#11 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

these figures are now being sold separately at shopko as m.a.r.s. heroes. $2 a piece. the big pack for $10 is still clearly the better deal, but if you're only looking for one or two of them, it's a nice way to get what you want.

#12 Ookla

Ookla

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

these figures are now being sold separately at shopko as m.a.r.s. heroes. $2 a piece. the big pack for $10 is still clearly the better deal, but if you're only looking for one or two of them, it's a nice way to get what you want.

I have all of the figures, (two Halo-like troopers, two robots, two clear Mego-like aliens) And about six vehicles, some that light up and make engine and laser noises. Pretty neat sculpts. All in all I have two huge Ziplock bags filled with this stuff. I have since lost interest if anyone would like them. I'm after Beasts and so forth.

O

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com