3 replies to this topic

#1 TheBoglinCollector

TheBoglinCollector

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

I've seen a fair few GITD boglins on ebay recently that are in mint condition. Is it common for people to repaint these? I've got a couple that came in a job lot that look great but don't glow and I suspect they've been repainted. The ones with less paint on them glow much better.

Also got a black spy tong that was actually a green one coloured in with a marker pen.

#2 Thecollector88

Thecollector88

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

People must paint them (personally I don't understand why, I've no interest in altering them, I just prefer to collect them in their original state) and the spy tong - that could have just been a child years ago messing about as children do.

#3 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

I dont think their repainted, the first lot has a less durable paint on them making it easier to 'rub' off, but the later releases had a better paint which lasted a lot better, but as a result i find that they didnt glow as well as the earlier GITD's.

If you post some pics then i can tell you 100% if they have their original paint work, its pretty easy to tell the difference with mini Boglins.

Posted Image

#4 chieftrog

chieftrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Earlier methods by ideal to paint were rubbish. The rerelease rare dudes have a nice thick paint. I lived throughout this. Most of my boglins were bought 1st hand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com