• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:24 AM

Okay, I was at TRU yesterday looking for a new toy to put on my desk at work. Ephont Mon, despite his coolness, had gotten old as of late, and I needed some fresh blood. So, I decided to pick up one of these Stikfas things.

Stikfas have been covered before (like in this review of a Stikfas dude with horsey), but I thought I'd post a review of the basic Alpha Male figure.

ASSEMBLY: 3.5 out of 5 The figure kit itself is pretty easy to assemble... you just twist off the parts and put him together. However, the instructions were pretty lacking, so some parts had me confused (like the two-part hip...huh?). Also, those little friggin' stickers are a bee-eye-itch to get on straight.

LOOKS: 4.5 out of 5 Once assembled, it looks awesome! Its generic look is really odd... which makes it quite interesting and strangely stylish. It reminds me of those little wooden dolls that artists use for gesture references.

ARTICULATION: 4.5 out of 5 This figure has 14 points of articulation, all of which are ball joints. You can't ask for much more... although the ankles can only rotate the foot towards the outside, which is a bit limiting for spread-eagle type poses.

ACCESSORIES: 5 out of 5 Man, this thing comes with an arsenal! 11 guns, two helmets, a backpack, and a body sheild... and a ladder. :mellow: The ladder is a strange but fun addition.

COOLNESS: 4 out of 5 It's a fun figure, and I enjoy building my toys, i.e. Zoids. However, the price bumps down the coolness a bit... I mean, $9 for a 3-inch figure? :o

OVERALL: 4.3 out of 5 This is a perfect toy for work because its generic nature makes it so stimulating for the imagination. I purposely only put on the eyes because I wanted it to remain so ambiguously weird! ;)

EDIT (4/8/04): Often a toy seems really cool at first but loses that coolness quickly, leaving me to ask myself, "Why the hell did I buy this?" With that in mind, here's another factor...

STAYING POWER: 2 out of 5
Although the lack of sculpt was nifty at first, it quickly grew visually boring.

ADJUSTED OVERALL: 3.9 out of 5

Now, on with the pictures... first we see Stikfa lounging...

Attached Files

Edited by Tortle, 08 March 2004 - 10:40 AM.

#2 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:26 AM

Next, Stikfa goes postal!

Attached Files

#3 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:28 AM

Finally, Stikfas can even swing dance! Although he does look better with a partner...

Attached Files

#4 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:01 PM

You know, I kinda like him- he's got some great personality!

Now, I wonder what your desk looks like...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 MIWP

MIWP

Kinnikuman Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:49 PM

cool!
I read your review, checked out the photos and took a nap.
I had a dream I saw that figure for sale at Hudsons!
Crazy!

#6 ToyMan

ToyMan

geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:52 AM

yep- stikfas just lend themselves to customization, the way they can stimulate the imagination.

bear in mind, at least three new body types (boy, woman, monster/robot) are coming out soon. keep an eye out!

and yeah, the "split hip" assembly is sorta' strange. i think the concept is that you could buy multiple kits, and use that alternate assembly to create the illusion that your stikfa is wearing pants. with the "knight" set a few people figured they'd use it to make a centaur...

really, it's for whatever you can imagine it's for. :lol:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com