Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Are these figures Moomin keshi? If so, are they part of a larger set?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rejectclone

Rejectclone

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Toy photography, toy collecting/trading, thrifting, digital art, video games, 80's films/music, blogging, and 3D printing! :D

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:03 PM

I have a friend on insta that mainly collects squishes and water squishies, but recently has been interested in collecting niche minifigures! A few days ago on their stories, they briefly showed off a 'eraser' of the character Snufkin that immediately caught my attention, as it looked translucent and VERY smooth, as opposed to rougher looking solid color erasers that tend to be the norm for most IPs. I DM'd them about it and they also had Moomintroll! I talked to them for more details, asking if it was keshi, and they genuinely didn't know what keshi was :') I explained the medium to them, and they also now believe these two figures COULD be keshi! I asked if it was okay if I could show off the figs they got on here to see if we can figure out if more figures exist in this plausible set, and they were fine with it!

These are their photos and they tried their best to try making them clear! They also did back shots of the figs + packaging shots:

Snufkin

Attached File  IMG_8556.jpg   138.7K   4 downloads

Attached File  IMG_8557.jpg   142.21K   4 downloads

Moomintroll (the man himself!)

Attached File  IMG_8558.jpg   124.58K   5 downloads

Attached File  IMG_8559.jpg   107.25K   4 downloads

We believe there COULD be more keshi figures in this set for some of the other popular characters, such as Little My, Moominmama, Moominpapa, Snork Maiden, and the Hattifatteners! 

We both tried looking up variations of 'Moonmin keshi', 'Moomin eraser', 'Moomin keshi figure', 'Moomin erasrer figure', etc, on google, eBay, and even some Japanese auction sites, to no real avail.  :unsure: We keep finding images of ANOTHER set of eraser figures, that look larger and more rougher looking, more akin to basic cheap-o stationary erasers for IPs that you may find at a store like Target or Office Max for a buck or two. They came in translucent hard plastic display boxes with the typical Moomin branding. The known figures we found were Snufkin, Little My, and the Hattifatteners. Every pic we found revealed they were all made in a single specific color for each one (Light olive green for Snufkin, red for Little My, and solid white for the Hattifatteners.) so I doubt they have different color variants for those figures. I do feel like it's safe to say Moomintroll is part of this set, but I have yet to seen a picture of him, but he IS the main character after all.

THERE IS ALSO A RE-MENT BLIND BOX ERASER SET, BUT THOSE ARE HIGH QUALITY PUZZLE ERASERS THAT ARE MUCH MORE MODERN! 

If you have any information about these odd translucent green figures (that may or may not be actually keshi, but they did say it physically feels eraser-like) and know if there's more figures in this supposed set, please let me know! :D In the meantime, let's see if I can fully convert my pal into collecting keshi  :p

#2 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 04:11 AM

The smoother firmer keshi was the standard in the 90s, 80s keshi is more eraser matte like.

I've seen a few different moomin keshi, but not these clear type. The packaging type and being in English means they were likely sold in a specialty store outside Japan.

#3 CatRabbit

CatRabbit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:51 AM

There's a new museum for the Author in Finland, opened about a year ago with a lot of international press, maybe from the gift-shop there? Not so much 'English' as International!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com