Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Rise of the Beasts! Help us Kickstart this new toyline!

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#151 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Is the packaging design still in the concept phase, or the posted samples pretty much where you guys are trying to stay? I thought a window box style would be cool.

The short box is pretty much it. There will be some minor changes but not much. The manufacturer was asked about a window box but has yet to give pricing. If it's reasonable, a window box will be used, otherwise it will be the standard box with some minor marking or sticker to signify which figure is inside.

Will Exclusive backers figs be packaged the same as the normal releases? Or will they just get their figs loose and have to make their own packaging?

They will packed the same, unless they request loose figures (in case they want to make their own).

Also my previous paint app question was sort of derived from the painted computer models shown on the KS page, which appear to have more detailed body paint. Like the Ape has lighter skin tones around the palms and neck. Should we expect the final product to match these models, or are these just a basic mock up?

The final paint schemes will be as close to the colored models as possible. For instance, the lion should look dead on, minus the metallic quality of the armor paint. The gorilla, will have an all black body. The face will have the brown paint, but the hands likely wont. For the thorny lizard, he will look almost identical, sans the metallic. The fat lizard will be a different base color and will of course be painted. The artist for the short lizard hasn't come back with the recolored version yet.

And finally can we expect to see some clearer images of the designs soon? Possibly before the pledge period runs out? Maybe concept drawings that show closer details surrounding the figs.

Here is a high res version of the Gorilla and the Gorilla's head (including the rough draft inset)
ape full color 3 way.jpg ape guarda.jpg

Here is a high res of the lion:
grey lion.jpg

The Thorny Lizard / Horned Toad:
lizard_full_color_3_way.jpg

The Komodo:
beast_fat_lizard.jpg

Just trying to get an idea of exactly how far along the project is with the exception of just trying to get it fully funded.

Series 1 is complete, as far as the figure models go. The factory is currently working on the sample of the golden lion. We were hoping to have sample images of the sculpt from the factory before the end of the Kickstarter project, but that doesn't look like it will happen unless they come in before their projected date. But the lion is in production. If Kickstarter reaches it's goal, then all of series 1 will be put into production at once.
There is a really special figure that was going to be part of series 1, but was held back for a later promotion. I can't say much about it except if you saw it, you'd shit bricks!
In regards to series 2, the first 2 animals have been chosen, one of which has already had the 3d model mostly completed. Let me tell you, it is even sweeter than the thorny lizard. When I saw it, I was speechless. That being said, if Kickstarter funds, the people with the $1500 pledge level get their figures created first in Series 2. There has been one pledge at that level and one person who is debating it, so if he comes through before march 14th with his pledge, then we will have their two figures and the two that have already been selected.

Let me just say that I REALLY hope we hit goal as it would allow this line to kick off with a BANG! It will also allow for lower figure prices ($5-$7 per figure).

However, if the goal is not met, then P! will go back to the plan of releasing one figure at a time, the gold lion being first. Doing it one figure at a time would require a higher per figure price though, which would likely be in the $15-$20 range.

#152 NeutronHacker

NeutronHacker

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Nice, the hi-rez pictures are great. I never noticed that the gorilla has one squinty eye and one wide eye, but I love it. It just makes his character pop a little more with me.

And the smaller lizard doesn't look fat to me. Just big boned. He's probably got a great sense of humor.

#153 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Great! Those pics are waaay better! Thanks for answering all my questions John, Your a sport. :p

Posted Image

#154 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

I believe it is quite possible that once people start getting these toys in their hands they're going to become more tangible and even more desirable to the masses. Will the Beasts created for the Series one release funded by this kickstarter project be unique from all future releases?

#155 PimpNugget

PimpNugget

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

IF for some reason 11k did get hit, would another KS be attempted with a longer time line?

Dude, you make me laugh.......at you.

#156 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

I believe it is quite possible that once people start getting these toys in their hands they're going to become more tangible and even more desirable to the masses. Will the Beasts created for the Series one release funded by this kickstarter project be unique from all future releases?

Only the gold lion.

IF for some reason 11k did get hit, would another KS be attempted with a longer time line?

Probably not for Series 1, but if Series 1 has to go out figure by figure, then they may do a series 2 Kickstarter. The benefit being that getting the entire funding up front and being able to place it all at once nets a much lower price at the factory. It really all depends on if this Kickstarter funds and/or how well Series 1 does. The bigger the success Series 1 is, the more cashflow to run Series 2 and future series all 4 figures at once without needing to pre-fund.

#157 AdamBombOi

AdamBombOi

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Just joined up here to say that I've pledged $45, and plan to pledge a bit more when I get paid again from work.

I'm super pumped for these, and REALLY hope the goal is reached. Between these, OMFG!, and the new Jakks SLUG line I can't get away from the nostalgia of my childhood.

I'm really thinking about throwing down another pledge of $115 or $200 (for that super swanky artwork!).

http://www.lightscameraactionfigures.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adambomboi

#158 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

That high res of the gorilla's face is amazing. Is that the amount of detail the figures will have or is this something different? I love that figure, he turned out effing sweet. So is the skinnier lizard guy with the mace.

#159 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

That high res of the gorilla's face is amazing. Is that the amount of detail the figures will have or is this something different? I love that figure, he turned out effing sweet. So is the skinnier lizard guy with the mace.

Yes, it should. As much detail as can fit on a figure 60mm tall.

#160 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

What happened ? We were at $7,197 pledged with 76 Backers and now with 5 more backers we are only at $7,202.

#161 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

The guy who pledged for the $200 artwork level dropped his pledge. Hopefully he pledges again at a different level. I haven't asked why yet, but I would guess something came up that precluded him from spending $200 on the 14th.

#162 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Sad but as long as the goal is near there is still hope. Fingers crossed everyone.

Edited by lord, 05 March 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#163 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

dang~! I really hope this makes it's goal, not sure i can afford these if the price doubles or triples each.

#164 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

I had no idea people were allowed to drop their pledges. That's kind of bullshit.

#165 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I had no idea people were allowed to drop their pledges. That's kind of bullshit.

Better that they drop their pledge than simply not pay it when the collection time comes.
Posted Image

#166 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, you never know what may come up. It could be that his car broke down and his $200 is better spent getting it fixed. Or he may have just changed his mind.

#167 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Better that they drop their pledge than simply not pay it when the collection time comes.

Don't you pledge with a credit card at the time? So, you couldn't back out, because they have your billing info.

Or is that not how it works?

#168 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Don't you pledge with a credit card at the time? So, you couldn't back out, because they have your billing info.

Or is that not how it works?

No, it's truly a pledge, not a payment. When the time comes to pay, you have/get to confirm that you want to pay.
Posted Image

#169 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

its part of amazon, so your billing info is the same as what you have on there. I have my bank account.

#170 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

No, it's truly a pledge, not a payment. When the time comes to pay, you have/get to confirm that you want to pay.

Yes, I know it's a pledge. But you provide your CC info. with your pledge to be billed at the time the full pledge is met, correct? So it's not as if you have to authorize a payment when the project is funded. You have already provided the authorization the day you made your pledge.

I don't understand why there's a second opportunity to "confirm" you still want it.

Once you made the pledge, it should be a final authorization to make the payment if the project is funded.

#171 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Once you made the pledge, it should be a final authorization to make the payment if the project is funded.

But then it wouldn't be a pledge, it would be a payment. :)
Posted Image

#172 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

yeah all your info is in your kickstarter account, you can just go around the site and pledge on different things with a push of a button. you dont put down your info to pay for every thing you pledge.

Edited by Ericnilla, 05 March 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#173 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

But then it wouldn't be a pledge, it would be a payment. :)

It's only a payment if it's billed right then and regardless of whether the project gets funded. If it's a 30 day authorization that will go through only if the full amount is raised, then it's a conditional pledge ;)

So--no smilie faces in this statement--that's why it's not a good policy, because people can be flaky and back out like the $200 guy, causing a disruption to the project.

The way it SHOULD be is that when you make a pledge it is conditional on whether the funding goal is reached for the entire project. If it reaches the goal, your card is charged. If not, you don't pay. There should be no option to back out.

Edited by ComradeCuttlefish, 05 March 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#174 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Are you sure? I thought that up until the day of funding, you can still change your mind, but come funding day, if it reaches the goal, then your payment is automatically deducted. I don't recall being asked to confirm payment for my OMFG pledge.

#175 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

during the duration you can manage your pledge however you want. raising pledge, lowering and canceling.

it would kind of suck if you were made to pay out your pledge without being able to back out. things happen, and im sure its more of a hassle to get funds from those that cant pay.

and i cant remember either if i had to accept the pledge payment. hmmm

Edited by Ericnilla, 05 March 2012 - 08:08 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com