• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hey all,

i have had a LONG and seriouse think about this one, still not 100% sure yet, but i may,,, MAY be selling my boglin collection, here's the pic:

Attached File  My Collection.JPG   392.9K   72 downloads

i'd like your opinion on this (i need some cash for the kids :confused:)
apart from the mini boglins, the rest are what im concidering putting up, do you think i would get some interest??

i'd appreciate your opinion guys :good:

Biz

Posted Image

#2 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:16 PM

Don't sell what you normally wouldn't dude, you'll regret it for sure. I've sold things in the past when i've been short on cash & those missing pieces still haunt me to this day, lol.

#3 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

im regreting thinking about selling them, i havent really made up my mind 100% as of yet but when the family need cash, somethings gotta give right?

man, you made me think twice for the second time :confused:

Posted Image

#4 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Personally family does come first but you have to have things that are yours too! If you look at your toys like an ATM and you sell them every time you need cash, then why collect? Might as well just save the money in the first place. That's my .02 cents. Thanx Paul~

Edit: Also you need to check the market on these as well. Boglins seem to have a cult following and may not always bring big bucks. I'm sure you'd feel bad if you sold them and you didn't even get your money's worth.

Edited by TheWatcher, 06 September 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#5 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

your right man, why collect just to sell, not much of a collector then am i!!!

nice one guys, you may have helped me make up my mind :D

Posted Image

#6 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

Oh god yeah, family is more important, lol, but whatever you need the money for, selling your boglins won't really make a substantial difference to your situation.
like the Watcher said, you might make a bit of cash quickly but you won't get what they're worth to yourself, in the end.

#7 dritchie87

dritchie87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Mini boglins
    Retro games consoles
    Football
    Golf
    Gym

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

Im sure you can sell sum other stuff, keep ur boglins!

#8 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

I sold my M.U.S.C.L.E. collection about two-and-a-half years ago, and I've kicked myself in the arse for it. I'm still trying to track down a lot of figures! So, I'd advise that you don't sell your collection unless you're extremely cash-poor and everything else you might want to sell is already gone.

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#9 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Go through your attic and garage. Did out what ever you can old clothes pieces you dont care about. Have a garage sale with your junk and just have a good organize. Your uncover stuff you never knew you had and prob dont want.
Dont ever sale anything that you may regret because one day your regret it.

Just sale things you dont care about.
Goodluck cool collection buyt he way if you have a son think how cool he will think his dad is when you show him these in 10 years time lol. Jay

#10 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:20 PM

I'll contradict a few of the other responses by saying sell everything except the items that you absolutely need to have in your collection. However, if using ebay, I would list them at the minimum price that you are willing to let them go. Also, anything that you can buy back later (common figures) sell away with the intent of buying them back later on in life.

I know selling can be a tough decision, I've made similar decisions and after the items sold I realized I didn't really miss them that bad. It's tough to do but when it is out of providing for family or keep a few toys, sell the toys!

Crappy position to be in, I hope it works out for the best for you!

Edited by Biffard, 06 September 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#11 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Good luck with your situation and I hope it gets better for you.

Christian

#12 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hey guys, iv'e taken retroactive80z's advice and scoured my attic, found a LOAD of old crap up there i didnt realise i had, im gonna do a bootsale first thing tomorrow :D

so its official, the boglins can stay :yahoo:

the missus didnt want me to sell them coz she knows i'd miss them (personaly i think she has a secret crush on dwork :yes:)

your opinions mean a lot to me as a fellow collector guys :good:

:thanks: i appreciate the response from all of you,,,, YOU ROCK

nice one, Biz :D

Posted Image

#13 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

Family comes first. Like Rick Harrison said in his book: "It's just stuff." It CAN be replaced.

#14 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

at one point my mini boglin collection was approaching 3000. i sold them all and the cash was frittered away. I should have kept them.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#15 Bazoon

Bazoon

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

Family comes first. Like Rick Harrison said in his book: "It's just stuff." It CAN be replaced.

One the one hand I've to say you are right. Family comes first and it's just stuff.

But on the other hand it's not just stuff in collectors hands. Many of us have bound their childhood memories to their toy collections and also lots of collecting memories especially for the rare stuff. And rare stuff is the keyword. In most cases it is the rare stuff that bring cash when sold. But it is also the rare stuff that sometimes can't ever be replaced. Just look at prototypes or one of a kind toys.

at one point my mini boglin collection was approaching 3000. i sold them all and the cash was frittered away. I should have kept them.

Thats really sad to hear bro. Back then I hoped you won't regret to sell what I ever think was the best mini boglins collection out there.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com