• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Safeatsecond

Safeatsecond

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Writing, softball, cars. Space movie/tv nut.<br /><br />Collect - Vintage 3 3/4&quot; Sci-fi figures <br /> - Sci-fi ships, diecast etc (no models)<br /> - Hasbro Heroes, Imaginext, Fisher Price Great Adventures etc.<br /> - Ninja Mites, MIMP.<br /> <br />Looking for 1970's parachuting Godzilla, Rhodan etc. (similar to MIMP).

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

I just got my auction winnings in the mail.Ten, count 'em, ten unopened MIMP Series 1 Secret 1 packs.My dilemma now, is, should I open them?

I suppose it's the age old question any collector has to wrestle with at one point or another. Is it actually worth any more to keep 'em unopened? I'm leaning towards not...

Any input?
"Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world."
-Frankenstein; The Modern Prometheus, Mary Shelley

#2 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

I just got my auction winnings in the mail.Ten, count 'em, ten unopened MIMP Series 1 Secret 1 packs.My dilemma now, is, should I open them?

I suppose it's the age old question any collector has to wrestle with at one point or another. Is it actually worth any more to keep 'em unopened? I'm leaning towards not...

Any input?

Dont do it! If they are the Chinese ones, which I assume they are, you can tell whats inside if you position the figure over the little hole in the top. I have about 40 of those things and I know whats in every one of them. I only opened one but it had small slice in the side anyway. These things display great in the pouch. I'll take a pic of how I did it and post it later.

And because I am such a huge nerd, I have made a list of all the figures that I've found in my pouches. If you open them or cheat like I suggested, please let me know what you have for my list.

Edited by asator, 01 April 2008 - 02:26 PM.

#3 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

i would open them but apart from my muscle four packs i never keep anything in the box! i dunno how DocMoore manages to keep his Romandohs in the box, i would have opened them in my sleep.
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#4 Safeatsecond

Safeatsecond

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Writing, softball, cars. Space movie/tv nut.<br /><br />Collect - Vintage 3 3/4&quot; Sci-fi figures <br /> - Sci-fi ships, diecast etc (no models)<br /> - Hasbro Heroes, Imaginext, Fisher Price Great Adventures etc.<br /> - Ninja Mites, MIMP.<br /> <br />Looking for 1970's parachuting Godzilla, Rhodan etc. (similar to MIMP).

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

I'll have to admit, this question eats me up. I collect a number of different genres, mostly spceships, die-cast if I can find 'em, but their packages are clear and it's an even bigger dilemma.

But these packages are black and truthfully, kinda ugly. I followed asator's advice and have figured out what's in them.

#37 Ghoul- yellow
#38 Phantom- yellow
#39 Mad Scientist-yellow
#40 Winged Panther- Green
#43 The Beast- Reddish or pinkish..
#44 Witch- Reddish or pinkish
#45 Spring Heeled Jack- reddish or pinkish
#46 Invisible Man- pink
#47 Skeleton- pink
#48 Hunchback- pink.
"Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world."

#5 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

I just say keep them in the packages because well, I'm sure you paid more for them packaged then you would have paid for the figures themselves if they were loose. The value is in the packaging because I mean, the figures within are just common figures.

#6 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

You only live once dude. If you want to open them don't just open them, open the hell out of them. Tear them open and rub your nose inside the packet and inhale the vintage plastic goodness scent. Then stick a factory freah figrue in your mouth, savour the flavor and swallow it whole. Finaly, go to the emergency room and tell them you swallowed a LRG.
Posted Image

#7 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

I think a MIMP might pass on it's own cause it's soft. :lol: If you get worried about it you can chew it first.

Posted Image

#8 Safeatsecond

Safeatsecond

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

Oh it was horrible!! I was powerless to stop the carnage!!

My hands... it's like... well it was like they had a mind of their own. I may never sleep again.

They tore into the packages. There was plastic every where!!

Oh the horror!! Oh the humanity!! ROSEBUD!!

*sneaks off to play with the handful of little colourful blobs that he only payed $7 for.... and to wait for the one he swallowed to pass his system* :)

#9 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

$7, including shipping? Because if they were that much, I'd say opening them was hardly a big deal or massive degradation of their value. Eating one, on the other hand...

#10 monkeyUK

monkeyUK

Norfolk in Chance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:My Kids<br />Monster in my Pocket: Battle Cards<br />Monster in my Pocket: Select Figures<br />Easter Egg Mugs: From Around 1994<br />Online Gaming

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:09 AM

lol @ boaconda and eating them.

I'd say open 1 just to see the cards. I might get myself a handful of these packs just to have a look at the cards. I'm highly interested in collecting the mimp cards so this has interested me a great deal and if I get some packs I will be opening all of them so I can tell you all what happens from that if you want.

On the subject of cards, I got me some Argentinian Battle Cards on e-bay the other day and they are a very different take on the standard cards in the UK.

BTW, do any of you American lads have some spare MIMP Trading Cards, I've seen a few around and they look interesting.

Matt

P.S. I am so gutted, I missed the complete set of Series 1 MIMP Battle Cards on ebay by 3 fecking minutes because I was out with my kids. They were less than £3 ffs, oh well.
"No no no, it's a BONG not a BOMB!!!"
Kumar from "Harold & Kumar 2: Escape From Guantanamo Bay"

[url="http://"http://www.mimp.xsgc.co.uk"]My Collection[/url]

#11 Safeatsecond

Safeatsecond

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:58 AM

MonsterInMyPocket Asked for photos of the opened picture and after a considerable delay... here they are. Sorry for the quality.

The cards don't include the duplicates I got to what is diplayed.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com