25 replies to this topic

#1 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

Riddler and I are teaming up to bring you a Yes! contest, since there hasn't been much activity there in a while... 

The gimmick is simple: 

#1. Say "Yes!". That's always a part of the deal.

#2. Put together a photo-comic strip, up to five panels, using your LRGs. Five panel maximum, and the winner will be decided by a poll that will be presented after the deadline (for the sake of expediting the deal, let's make it one week, ending on June 3rd, midnight EST).

#3. The winner has to do their own Yes! contest (and we won't ship the prizes until it has been posted). 

Attached Files

Edited by ironmask, 26 May 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#2 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

Riddler and I are teaming up to bring you a Yes! contest, since there hasn't been much activity there in a while... 

The gimmick is simple: 

#1. Say "Yes!". That's always a part of the deal.

#2. Put together a photo-comic strip, up to five panels, using your LRGs. Five panel maximum, and the winner will be decided by a poll that will be presented after the deadline (for the sake of expediting the deal, let's make it one week, ending on June 3rd, midnight EST).

#3. The winner has to do their own Yes! contest (and we won't ship the prizes until it has been posted). 

Runner up gets one of my many copies of The Toxic Avenger on VHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TheRiddler, 27 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

Is this the first ever joint Yes! contest?

#4 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

So do you just want the comic strips uploaded here, or sent to one of you guys? After a good amount of working, arguing, editing, and photo shopping, my fiancee and I have created my entry into the contest!

Edited by dixiebull, 29 May 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

Just drop it off in this thread. When we've compiled all of the entries, we'll do a poll and let the board vote on the best one.

#6 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

OK. Well it is a little dorky, but it IS suppose to be a comic. Slap Stick and all! Here is it....

YES!

Attached Files

#7 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

And there's the winner folks! Congrats DB!

#8 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

Haha, that was pretty good. Great job on working in MUSCLE market insanity for laughs!

#9 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

There are 3 days left...c'mon LRGers....give me some competition here. It won't hardly be fair it I have the only entry! I KNOW someone can come up with something funnier than my obvious slapstickian humor. 

#10 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

I would enter and give you a run for your money but since I've got a contest running I wouldn't want to breach any LRG rules of etiquette.

Considering you managed to do an Evil Dead/MUSCLE mash up, you definitely have my vote.

#11 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

I would enter and give you a run for your money but since I've got a contest running I wouldn't want to breach any LRG rules of etiquette.

Considering you managed to do an Evil Dead/MUSCLE mash up, you definitely have my vote.

That would breach approximately zero rules of etiquette. There's nothing in there that even says how many times you can enter. The only caveats are that the winner hosts a contest after, and that these prizes won't be sent until that contest is established. You can even be a spanking new member. This is one of the least restricted Yes! contests in a long while.

#12 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

That would breach approximately zero rules of etiquette. There's nothing in there that even says how many times you can enter. The only caveats are that the winner hosts a contest after, and that these prizes won't be sent until that contest is established. You can even be a spanking new member. This is one of the least restricted Yes! contests in a long while.

If I win I certainly don't mind hosting a yes! contest, but I am curious how this is going to play out...are there going to be two forever yes contests now? Both active contests state that the winner must host the next one. Maybe I should just really try hard to win them both...bring it back full circle to one forever yes contest...or would that mean I have to host two contests?....LRG madness. Regardless, I really hope someone else enters against me....I really don't think I will have won anything if I am the only person trying. 

#13 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

I might try to put something together just for fun.... but I know a Claw Comic is unbeatable.

#14 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

#1. I don't see the problem in having two Yes! contests going at the same time. More fun, right?

#2. Dixie, since you are the only contestant so far, if you want to extend the deadline to Friday to try to draw more competition, I am agreeable to that.

#15 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

I am fine with it as well. How about this; IF there is anyone here that plans on entering, even if you aren't ready to unveil your creation yet, just chime in and let us know. That way we can kind of get a better idea as to what's going to happen. Regardless, I am perfectly fine with extending it until Friday, so that maybe members that have not yet stumbled upon this contest thread can get a shot at it. I would really like to see some other ideas....I thought it was a fun contest. There are some pretty funny people on here, so I was really looking forward to some comic hijinks!

#16 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

Perfect.

#17 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

YES, here is a Minikins Comic Strip. 

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 01 June 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#18 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:17 PM

That was some mighty fine zombie slapstick right there. I'm glad you entered man!

#19 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

OH SNAP!!! Now we got a competition!!!

#20 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

Minikins Comic Strip #2

Attached Files

#21 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

The action piss wins. All jokes aside, the blurred, action packed, in motion piss from the dog is the level of dedication that wins contests. You have my vote. 

#22 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

Minikins Comic Strip #3

Attached Files

#23 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

Minikins Comic Strip #3

Haha, this one is my favorite so far.

#24 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:30 PM

Yes, etc.  Minikins Comic #4.  LAST ONE.

Attached Files

#25 dixiebull

dixiebull

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

I like tv stevie...his sculpt really seems to capture the theme of the Misfits song "TV Casualty", of which I am a fan. Great Job on all of your comics Rotters, I would say you deserve the win based on all the effort! I really have no idea how they plan on voting it/deciding who wins, guess we will find out tomorrow. I am glad you entered, I would have been bummed if it was only me...wish more people would have made comics. Maybe there will be some last minute entries. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com