I'm in for $100!

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

Last call for Zombicide!

They have hit over $550k and growing and have added TONS of free stuff to the $100 level. I am going to have a blast playing this game with my kids when it arrives!

#3 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Man, I'm so tempted... glad I got a few more hours to decide. What's neat is if you want more than 1 set, you can just pledge $190, and you will get 2 games and double the bonuses. So if you were so inclined to paint up an extra set you could.

This game looks sooo easily customizable too. You could really throw together a really hardcore game mode with simple tweaks, and with all the bonus survivors coming out have a big Zombie party with your friends......oh...yeah....That's the one flaw. :cry: ...friends.

Posted Image

#4 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

It ended at 781k, that's great considering they were initially only asking for 20k. I became a backer, got all the extra stuff. Look forward to it. Basically the game is objective-base, you have to go to point A before you can go to point B, etc. Which sounds simple enough but there are many triggers that spawn Zombies making it more difficult.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#5 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

dang with all the levels achieved Jon, You are gonna get alot of freebee's. :yes:

kinda wish i was in at $100.

#6 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well there is side stuff you have to add into the equation, to truly get everything you'd have to spend $210, which is alot for a board game, but its also about miniatures plus free shipping in the U.S. so its worth it.

It's also the currently the highest funded board game in kickstarter history. So that is definitely a good start.

Edited by FANtomCore, 07 May 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

It looks awesome, but I want the abomination piece in rubber, or MUSCLE plastic, haha. That thing is gnarly, and reminds me of the maniac Rick Taylor from the 2010 Splatterhouse game.

#8 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I went in at $150.
$100 for the pack, $10 for the extra white dice and $40 for the other 4 characters and their zombie counterparts.

#9 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

I procrastinated, and then fell asleep, so I missed out. :p To be honest the miniatures are the only real draw for me anyway. I love how they used existing Action pop culture icons as characters. I'd imagine they will do more later, but you kind of wonder how they can get away with it. It would be easy to do a Stallone, Skully/Mulder set, and Mila Jovovich would be a no brainer.

Posted Image

#10 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

To be honest the miniatures are the only real draw for me anyway.

That is pretty much my sentiment, although, I am sure they are not cast in a plastic that is very 'play-friendly'.

#11 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, that was one of my concerns too. For some reason game miniatures aren't exactly play friendly. One of those strange phenomenon of board games.

There were tons of cool Board games with awesome miniatures that usually didn't last due to careless friends, and lazy footed people. I'll never forget me and my bro let some of our friends borrow and play our Xmen board games back in the 90's, and needless to say we were very upset with the condition some of the figures came home in. :cry:

On the other hand Hero Quest figs were pretty solid. Except for a few thinner parts.

Posted Image

#12 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, the bottoms of my feet ate more than a couple of the awesome minis that came with the Jurassic Park board game.

#13 Blackrabbit

Blackrabbit

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:GPK
    M.U.S.C.L.E
    Blind bags
    Nintendo Game and watch
    WWF classic
    He man
    GITD

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

omg dam that looks great. I have lots of zombie games man i need this

#14 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Got my Zombicides today and it looks good.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#15 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

post pics

#16 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

post pics

I don't have a camera...yet >-< but it's exactly what has already been shown in the kickstarter. What I will do is scan alot of the components.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#17 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Mine should be here today or tomorrow. I am so freaking excited!!!!

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Got it today and played the starter level a couple times with my son.

Great game!

We are going to venture out into the first 2 full levels tomorrow evening!

#19 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Looks fun, still wish i got in on this. :) Hopefully it will be for sale soon.

#20 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • 10723 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

It looked pretty neat, but not neat enough to go spending hundreds of dollars on.
If it's priced similarly to the Twilight Games ZOMBIES!! and HUMANS!! games, I may get into it.

#21 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Got it today and played the starter level a couple times with my son.

Great game!

We are going to venture out into the first 2 full levels tomorrow evening!

Hey jkaria, did you notice on the Kickstarter home page, they removed the images of the exclusive promos that will ship to us in April 2013. You mention you ordered those, that means in second quarter we should receive 17 additional miniatures (most of them KS backer exclusives only) and the T-shirts. Nobody else will get to buy those guys in retail either. Kind of bummed its going to be that long of a wait, but odds are they ship earlier I hope.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#22 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Yeah, I am guessing they removed them because they look too much like Samuel L Jackson and the others. I too am hoping for an earlier ship date. :)

On the 3 we did get, I told my son we can't use them until we've beaten all the included scenarios. :lol:

#23 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

We played the first full scenario tonight. It took about 4 hours before we got our asses handed to us. The freaking canned food cards were all at the bottom of the pile! :lol:

Chainsaw's kick ASS!!!

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

I just found out that they have a pre-order available for those who missed Kickstarter.
$59 plus shipping.
http://www.miniature...m/gug00001.html

Cheap, cheap!

#25 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Played Scenario 1 again tonight with my son. We got within 1 move of winning, but turned a "all runners get 1 extra move" on the last spawn. >-<

Earlier in the game we were looking to be in the clear when we drew 2 of the "all walkers get 1 extra turn" in succession on a spawn (or it could have been a door opening) and that smoked Josh who was running around grabbing objective (killed Ned, too).

After that we got holed up in the top left corner room and were in pretty good shape. Wanda had just hit orange and got "slippery". She then proceeded to move within 3 actions of the exit, when we had to spawn and got the runner card. Doh!

Posted Image

We'll play again Saturday and then Sunday with a couple friends.

Maybe we'll win this time :lol:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com