#26 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

Wow.. A nerd bully?

what the hell are you talking about? Haha. Who the hell was he bullying?

Well guess what, my nintendo collection is worth more than your battle beasts, they're way cooler to look at, and way more fun.
Oh yeah, and Boba Fett is terrible, was eaten by a monster that cant even move, and is only liked at all because of other elitist hipsters.
That doesn't feel good at all does it?

Are your kids messing with your account? Haha...jeez man, take offense to people saying they don't get all the hype on paying for cartridges when you could have them all on emulator, much? Sounds like you did the bullying!

Taking pictures of figures and putting them in a photo album to look at is not the same thing as getting an emulator that actually plays games. Apples and oranges dude!

Edited by Sixthwizard, 21 April 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#27 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

Nes and all old games will die out. Atari and all those era systems aren't worth a crap- the generation who held that nostalgia faded out. When the NES generation fades out, it's gone- shit won't be worth much.

All the people I know with kids playing games- have no clue what NES is. They only know new tech. When they grow up you think they will want NES games? Nope.

I know a lot of kids, their first system was a PS3. Next 20 years, watch PS3 games lift off......NES worth Atari.

My opinions and observations.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 21 April 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#28 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

meh...

Nes and all old games will die out. Atari and all those era systems aren't worth a crap- the generation who held that nostalgia faded out. When the NES generation fades out, it's gone- shit won't be worth much.

All the people I know with kids playing games- have no clue what NES is. They only know new tech. When they grow up you think they will want NES games? Nope.

I know a lot of kids, their first system was a PS3. Next 20 years, watch PS3 games lift off......NES worth Atari.

My opinions and observations.

Same with every generations figures. 

NES is the golden standard, just like kenner Star Wars figures. 

Some will always be valuable. Some wont. 

A good collector knows when to move on from one collection into another and vice versa. 

IMHO... 

Edited by 8bitblood, 22 April 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#29 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

Attached File  Brock Opinion.jpg   46.14K   0 downloads

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#30 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

TNgyOmz.gif

#31 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

TNgyOmz.gif

hand helds... eww... 

you afraid of discussions? 

if you notice my post is the only one receiving negatives, i'm not stooping to that level. my conversation is out in the open for all. i don't hide behind pictures and gifs. 

Edited by 8bitblood, 22 April 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#32 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

fact is... i think the whole thing is silly. regardless of what we're collecting we're still one community. 

i encounter it all of the time. comic guys laugh as figure guys. figure guys laugh at gamers and card game guys. card game guys laugh at cos-play and the Disney folks. 

it's silly. the normals laugh at all of us. you're probably saying to yourself right now, "look at this n00b, whatta joke!" my opinion means less because i havent been here as long? 

you're entitled to your opinion. but if you're going to post your opinion at the detriment of someone else's collection, expect them to question it. 

Edited by 8bitblood, 22 April 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#33 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

Based on your past few posts it seems like you're used to being ostracized and you're projecting a lot of that into this discussion. What was being suggested about emulators making NES carts kind of impractical is 100% true though. That doesn't mean you're somehow inferior for wanting to collect them, but getting upset because someone doesn't understand your collecting habits seems kind of trivial. Someone disagreeing with your opinion doesn't equal a personal attack.

#34 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

Bachamn typed what I was going to say before I finished typing it. I don't even agree with Draznar's statement, but the retort was childish (my collection is worth more than yours and your favorite character sucks). 

Edited by Behemoth, 22 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#35 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Based on your past few posts it seems like you're used to being ostracized and you're projecting a lot of that into this discussion. What was being suggested about emulators making NES carts kind of impractical is 100% true though. That doesn't mean you're somehow inferior for wanting to collect them, but getting upset because someone doesn't understand your collecting habits seems kind of trivial. Someone disagreeing with your opinion doesn't equal a personal attack.

that's a fair point but if you go back and read the posts again i think you'll notice a bit of superiority. 

i'll admit that i also got a little goofy, but i was trying to prove a point. all of the posts carried a "you're wasting you time" vibe and if you didn't pick that up then i guess we don't really have anymore to say about it. 

you seem like a bright guy, maybe that's your pal and you know him well. to me, it just seemed rude and i said my piece. 

Edited by 8bitblood, 22 April 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#36 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:27 AM

Bachamn typed what I was going to say before I finished typing it. I don't even agree with Draznar's statement, but the retort was childish (my collection is worth more than yours and your favorite character sucks). 

yeah, i already admitted that was to prove a point. a bit over the top i'll admit, but then again, i'm a bit over the top. 

if you knew me, it's probably exactly what you'd dig about me. can't judge tone in text. 

Edited by 8bitblood, 22 April 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#37 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

Yeah I understand. I tend to do the same thing. Sounds different in person than in text. 

#38 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

I still have the NES from our childhood and it still works pretty good. Not perfect but good. I have an SNES too and it works great, but if you bump it or it has a little vibration it resets. 

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

#39 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

I've been thru so many systems over the years, built up collections and sold them off.. But i still come back for more. Nowadays I have a pretty impressive collection of games that mean as much to me as my toys do.

For example, Ive been thru 4 NES systems over the years. The first three crapped out and ended up being tossed, but those were hand-me-downs from friends and were never really cared for. I managed to pick up my fourth NES console a couple of years back, and its in pristine condition and works like a charm. This baby, I'm gonna look after!

I've been emulating for ages too, and I would be happy just playing foreign games (jap and US mostly) on my PC, especially since you can get translated hacks for games that were never made in english (sweet home anyone?)
But, if I like a game enough I'll usually pick up an original. Saturn games are a dime a dozen from Japan.
I'll admit I like having a physical library, and curling up in front of the tv with an original console. Having proper control pads and having it hooked up to my hifi are awesome, but i moslty chalk it up to the nostalgia of playing games like when I was a kid.

Draz, you're right in in what you say about the originals are not a necessity when you can have digital versions stored on pc's, and lets face it who doesnt need the extra space? But theres still something to be said about playing a game on the machine it was intended.

As for games being a ticking time bomb. Isn't everything? Nothing escapes the degredation of time, us included.
I just look after my stuff, and enjoy it while I can.

Edited by Metalmonkey, 23 April 2015 - 08:36 PM.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#40 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

hooked up the NES to an old tube TV and played duck hunt with my gf last night. Got to round 15, which i think is my record (haven't played it since I was like 10, ok?)

Good times, but seriously eff that dog

and re the emulator thing, I also played Mario 3 last night, which reminded me of the most important feature of all: save states.Emulators offer a solution that wasn't even possible at the time the games were created. NES games didn't save because they physically weren't capable of it, if they were I. would have finished Blaster Master by now!

#41 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

I've been thru so many systems over the years, built up collections and sold them off.. But i still come back for more. Nowadays I have a pretty impressive collection of games that mean as much to me as my toys do.

For example, Ive been thru 4 NES systems over the years. The first three crapped out and ended up being tossed, but those were hand-me-downs from friends and were never really cared for. I managed to pick up my fourth NES console a couple of years back, and its in pristine condition and works like a charm. This baby, I'm gonna look after!

I've been emulating for ages too, and I would be happy just playing foreign games (jap and US mostly) on my PC, especially since you can get translated hacks for games that were never made in english (sweet home anyone?)
But, if I like a game enough I'll usually pick up an original. Saturn games are a dime a dozen from Japan.
I'll admit I like having a physical library, and curling up in front of the tv with an original console. Having proper control pads and having it hooked up to my hifi are awesome, but i moslty chalk it up to the nostalgia of playing games like when I was a kid.

Draz, you're right in in what you say about the originals are not a necessity when you can have digital versions stored on pc's, and lets face it who doesnt need the extra space? But theres still something to be said about playing a game on the machine it was intended.

As for games being a ticking time bomb. Isn't everything? Nothing escapes the degredation of time, us included.
I just look after my stuff, and enjoy it while I can.

see... i agree with everything you said here. 

the disconnect i'm having is the collecting figures vs. games... 

in one of the original posts Draz said that he cannot understand why anyone would collect games outside of nostalgia. isn't that the same for everything we collect? 

toys like battle beasts were sold as toys. i'm assuming the people here aren't buying them to play with in the tub. i mean, i collect figures but it's for nostalgic display purposes.

well that's not what they were intended for. they were intended to be played with, just like video games. somewhere along the line they became collectable items and held a value greater than what they originally sold for. that value is based solely on nostalgia, it's not the plastic, it's the value WE put on these items. actually, in most cases for the NES you can get them for far less than the original $50 price tag, that's not the same for most desirable figures. 

so really, you can get the NES games for less than the original cost and still play them. i still play mine all of the time and they still hold the value i purchased them for, in some cases the value goes up. but in the case of battle beats you pay more that they originally sold for (in most cases) and they're not being used for their intended purpose. they're just being looked at on a shelf. 

imo, and just based solely on my own opinion, one of those makes more sense than the other. but who am i to judge what people want to spend the money they work hard earning all week?

p.s. two years ago i bought a box of NES games at a garage sale for $30 and found a used blockbuster copy of Flintstones 2. these sell anywhere from $500-$650. (mine is probably a $500 copy) 

you don't get that from emulation. 

Edited by 8bitblood, 24 April 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#42 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

in the case of battle beats you pay more that they originally sold for (in most cases) and they're not being used for their intended purpose. they're just being looked at on a shelf. 

when I was a kid I put my Beasts on a shelf and looked at them when I wasn't playing with them :)

and fwiw I know of at least one member who buys BB's for his kids to play with in the tub

#43 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

when I was a kid I put my Beasts on a shelf and looked at them when I wasn't playing with them :)

and fwiw I know of at least one member who buys BB's for his kids to play with in the tub

that's cool, every single person i know that has a nintendo and games lets their children play with it. 

#44 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

in one of the original posts Draz said that he cannot understand why anyone would collect games outside of nostalgia. 

Dude.  It's cool.  

I think we all get Draz won't pay for cartridges like he pays for battlebeasts, and you value games more than he does.  whatever.  

My absolute favorite game, I think I play it every month almost, is- SuperGhoulsNGhosts on the SNES.  Either that or NES' Gradius.

Edited by Sixthwizard, 24 April 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#45 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

Dude.  It's cool.  

seriously? that's all you took out of my post? 

there was some good stuff in there.

i'm not angry, i'm just trying to discuss the topic. it's not apples vs. oranges. they're both items that are worth more than the plastic they were made with based on the nostalgic value we place on them. 

one of them is actually still being used for the purpose they were created for. the other has become a display. in my case, mine is both... 

http://www.littlerub...opic=216453&hl=

Edited by 8bitblood, 24 April 2015 - 08:58 AM.

#46 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

@8bit-  haha...yeah, that's all.

What is your most played game?

#47 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

that's cool, every single person i know that has a nintendo and games lets their children play with it. 

yeah, I never said they didn't. I was just pointing out that collecting and displaying aren't foreign concepts for children, nor are all of the items being bought here solely going to adult collectors.You're made untrue generalizations then somehow saw my reply as some sort of challenge.

This conversation is boring and annoying at this point, so I'm out. Have fun with whatever point you're trying to prove. 

#48 8bitblood

8bitblood

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:37 AM

@8bit-  haha...yeah, that's all.

What is your most played game?

Oofa... tough call. i'd have to say as a child Mario 3. but the one that's gotten the most usage based on the fact that i still play it Dr. Mario. 

i'd also like to point out that i am in no way shape or form anti-figures. my most recent acquisition is the Electric Mayhem band from Palisades. spent a tiny bit more than i hoped but it looks good in the basement. 

This conversation is boring and annoying at this point, so I'm out. Have fun with whatever point you're trying to prove. 

everyone is entitled to their opinion but 524 views, and 47 replies since 4/16 says otherwise. 

#49 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

People also tie up traffic to gawk at an accident.... doesn't mean it's a good thing.

#50 Sixthwizard

Sixthwizard

6thWizard

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

Really?  Dr. Mario- I never got into that one...or the Mario craze.  1, 2, and 3 where cool.  Super Mario World was cool.  That's where I left Mario games......

People also tie up traffic to gawk at an accident.... doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Gooseneckin!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com