9 replies to this topic

#1 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

ok, i don't have any pics but will try to describe these as best as i can. when i was a lad, i had 2 unknown alien action figures. no, no battlestar galactica, star wars or anything mainstream. i have no idea where i got them or when. i was probably 7 or 8. which would make it 1981-1982. anyway, i do remember they were from the same toyline. here's a description. ANY help would be great! thanks gang!

- Brown alien figure, Purple alien figure. Both wearing black boots and black gloves. The heads were soft and could be squeezed. The brown figure had a catlike look to it, the purple was reptilian. They were around 3 3/4 -4 inches tall. I think they had peg holes in the feet. I have never, ever seen them with any other line of toys. If I was to guess, I'd think Star Trek, but my research has found nothing to make me to believe that for fact. They may just be some generic line of "space toys" They were articulated as well.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

Were the heads a foam, or were they hollow rubber?

Posted Image

#3 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

Ive been thinking about this,from the era you are talking about i think it may be DINO RIDERS,not sure but give it a look.
hope that helps a little.but what do i know my brain likes to shut down from time 2 time. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

Dino Riders were late 80's, and don't have squishy heads. I don't even think they had black boots and gloves, much less over 3 inches tall. I should know I eat them for breakfast......wait......no nevermind.

Posted Image

#5 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

Pretty sure these aren't it, but Hey! There are some purple reptillian guys, and a cat dude, and they are pretty cool. I think I had the triceratops guy when I was kid. Anyways, they are bigger than 3 inches.........I just liked em. :lol:

http://actionfigures...read=1140054058

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 05 April 2007 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image

#6 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

NO, no dino rifers, and i actually had some remco figures. the heads were hollow rubber and if you threw them in water, they floated...or bobbed up and down. They had basically the same sculpt for the body but the heads wer different. like i said, i had them when i was a kid and i'm 32 now. so they had to have been released no later than 82. thanks for the guess work though. i'm stumped.

#7 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:58 AM

Sorry guys, didn't mean to put the "no" in caps. lol. stupid fingers.

#8 roboticplanet

roboticplanet

Action Figure Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

If they're 3 3/4" figures, the toy line might be listed here: http://www.toymania.com/334archives/

#9 faroniousd

faroniousd

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:29 AM

If they're 3 3/4" figures, the toy line might be listed here: http://www.toymania.com/334archives/

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Thank you roboticplanet!!! They were part of the Space Raiders line from Tomland toys!!!!! Oh my God!!! And the 2 figs i had actually had names!!! I never, ever would've guessed!!! Wow. You have no idea what a load off my mind that is. I went looking on ebay for the 2 guys too. But, if you or anyone you know has either figure, in any condition, I'd be more than willing to work out a deal. You have just ended YEARS of search for me, and for that I am eternally grateful. These forums rock!!!!!

Edited by faroniousd, 08 April 2007 - 04:33 AM.

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

You know that's just super cool. I've never seen these before, and it makes me think of all the toys that have just about been forgotten about. I mean I bet there's only like a handful of people who remember those things. Thanks for asking about these, and finding them. I really dig learning about old figures.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com