• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:05 AM

I was just wondering what your significant other (girlfriends, wives, gay lovers, whatever you're into) has said about your MUSCLE and/or toy collecting habits! I'm blissfully single now, but I've had women see my toy collection, and they usually think it's charming, in a boyish sense. Of course, if they ever said anything negative about it, I'd just respond with, "Go choke on your menstrual fluids, wench!"

I can sure sweet talk the ladies...

-Nathan

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:12 AM

My wife used to gripe that I spent too much money on toys, and that they were taking up too much space in her house. That is, until I got her to buy me a HUGE lot of TF and GI Joe stuff on eBay for my BDay, and then I turned around and sold alot of it for $300 more than I payed for the whole lot, and still kept about 1/4 of the loot. Now whenever we go shopping, or to the flea market, she's always looking out for toys for me. God, what a wonderful wife I have. :)

#3 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 09:56 AM

I'm only 16, not married yet. I collect Transformers as well as Digimon and I'm starting in MUSCLE. I bet some ladies will remember those.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#4 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 01:15 PM

well, my girlfriend thinks it is ridiculous. she just calls me a dork and says, "if you are happy, I am happy." but i am pretty sure she is making fun of me. but her point is that i don't really have a lot of money anyway, so why spend it on Muscles when i should be buying groceries....

i ask her if a bag of apples can jump from the top ropes and put another apple in a chokehold.

she would say yes. and thats why i love her.... :)

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 09:56 AM

Now whenever we go shopping, or to the flea market, she's always looking out for toys for me. God, what a wonderful wife I have.

i ask her if a bag of apples can jump from the top ropes and put another apple in a chokehold.

she would say yes. and thats why i love her....

Ack... mush! You guys are sick. Shouldn't you be doing traditional guy things like scratching yourselves or burping or something, instead of propogating mushy stuff? :mellow:

Girls have cooties anyway...

-Nathan

#6 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:13 AM

My wife doesnt mind.
In fact There have been things that I was collecting and there where pieces in it that she liked and I would by them for her and she loves it. She is very supportive and If there is a particular figure that I am looking for she will keep an eye out for them when she goes to the store and im not with her.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:52 AM

Girls have cooties anyway...

Uh, Nate. They're not called cooties.......replace the "T" with a "CH"! :mellow:

#8 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 10:46 PM

Shouldn't you be doing traditional guy things like scratching yourselves or burping or something, instead of propogating mushy stuff?  B)

actually she is the one that burps all the time. i rarely burp. i like the sounds coming out of my other end a lot more!
pweeeeeet..... :angry:

#9 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 14 August 2002 - 10:57 AM

Its funny,
At first when my wife saw my collection of muscles she was so excited because she had, and her brother had several hundreds of kinnikuman as kids. Soon after, she saw how obsessed I was with them, and now I get into trouble everytime a package comes in the mail, she hates me spending hard earned cash on toys.

#10 DoctorKent

DoctorKent

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Rocks and Bugs and Things, Mordles, Robo Force, Glyos, Manglors

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:18 AM

My wife was not aware of the full extent of my madness when she met me...it wasn't until my mom said I had two weeks to remove the rest of my collection from her house that it became clear.

She looks at the packages piled up around the doors when she gets home with a suspicious eye - but you would too after $20K of purchases, another $15K of credit card debt, second mortgage, etc.

I knew I had found a keeper when she knew who Ric Flair was and had gone to many NWA/WCW events in her younger days.

DoctorKent
DoctorKent - the once and future master of ROCKS AND BUGS AND THINGS! now known as MORDLES.
Returning to your toy stories - 2013.
www.toyfinity.com

#11 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 11:25 AM

I don't have a significant others, b ut my *good* female friends generally actually like my collection.

One in particular has somehow influenced me into bringing random MUSCLEs into class B)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Doctor Dew

Doctor Dew

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 04:07 PM

yeah, my girlfriend likes me to bring my "Muscle "when i see her as well.....

#13 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 10:26 PM

That reminds me, I've got to show some girls my muscle also. :wub:

:wub:
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#14 ploid

ploid

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 11:15 AM

My wifey does not mind in fact when she saw my MUSCLE collection she built me a cool display shelf for it.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com