• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#51 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Good eye, PlasticSoul! I didn't even realize there was to be a second ZOMBIE series. I wonder if they'll put the other four figures out.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#52 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Well, three days to go,and about $1400 left. I don't know, man...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

Any more..... "byGeorge Gaspar" might not be helping the cause....
I like supporting small business, mom and pop sort of places....... but if the owner shits on me, I no longer support that business. He has shown his ass enough for me to know I could never support anything he has his hands in.

On the other hand, I feel having more lines of minis out there can only be good for the hobby...... this whole deal though has seemed like a joke and a milking of the hobby for a bit now though.

#54 CW18954

CW18954

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

What exactly are the grievances? I have heard a lot of people complaining, but I am not sure what exactly their issues with the line is. Can someone fill me in?

#55 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

They'd be fine if they didn't keep increasing the goal amount every time. I think someone said this time it's 3k more than last time. I'd imagine they have a particular reason for doing so, but when you go from 12k to 15k you have to expect reaching the goal is going to be a challenge. I do hope it makes it, though. I am no huge fan of series 3 overall, but I'd still like to see it produced.

#56 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

What exactly are the grievances? I have heard a lot of people complaining, but I am not sure what exactly their issues with the line is. Can someone fill me in?

The voting method IMO was a shame. Too many "newbies" coming to vote, and no apparent accountability of the votes. It was obvious, at least to me, that a lot of people were creating accounts and/or getting others to create accounts to get their design voted in.

#57 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

The voting method IMO was a shame. Too many "newbies" coming to vote, and no apparent accountability of the votes. It was obvious, at least to me, that a lot of people were creating accounts and/or getting others to create accounts to get their design voted in.

Are you referring the the Pug votes by any chance? :thumbsup: I don't think the OMFG voting system will ever change now. I haven't pledged this time, for several reasons.

#58 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

They'd be fine if they didn't keep increasing the goal amount every time. I think someone said this time it's 3k more than last time. I'd imagine they have a particular reason for doing so, but when you go from 12k to 15k you have to expect reaching the goal is going to be a challenge. I do hope it makes it, though. I am no huge fan of series 3 overall, but I'd still like to see it produced.

George commented on that question in the Kickstarter comments:

Creator George Gaspar on April 1
@Poe Ghostal - As production prices and shipping costs go up, so must the price we need to make these. We are trying to balance it all out so that the end price of $10 a pack remains the same to the end buyer and not increase what it costs to the person backing the project.

The money pledged for S3 has passed S2 now. Zombie Pheyden was a big help. Bonuses always help. It's too bad they can't edit the pledge rewards when a bonus like that is added. 45 people have pledged $15 for the black set. They can get another 7 figures for $10 more, which would be another $450 for the KS, but maybe they didn't notice the Zombie Pheyden update or just don't care about that figure.

I think it will make it if they don't have a lot of people backing out or lowering their pledge before it ends.

#59 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

They need roughly $400 a day in pledges before it ends.

#60 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Personally for me... it was the spitting in the face of other creators of toys and such... talking down to them and dictating who is and isn't worth anything. Refusing to answer to any of his statements and constantly deflecting so as not to have to answer to anything. Sending in his wife to fight his battles for him. Making fun of the discussion on LRG instead off addressing it.

Reporting false information on the materials that possible competion uses. Using his platform of October Toys to speak with authority calling out materials a dangerous and toxic. When shown he is wrong...... refusing to recant his statements. Basically intentionally hurting other's business and sticking by his guns no matter how many times he is shown to be in the wrong.

Yeah the voting is a mess and they refuse to acknowledge that or do anything to fix it.

#61 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

George commented on that question in the Kickstarter comments:

The money pledged for S3 has passed S2 now. Zombie Pheyden was a big help. Bonuses always help. It's too bad they can't edit the pledge rewards when a bonus like that is added. 45 people have pledged $15 for the black set. They can get another 7 figures for $10 more, which would be another $450 for the KS, but maybe they didn't notice the Zombie Pheyden update or just don't care about that figure.

I think it will make it if they don't have a lot of people backing out or lowering their pledge before it ends.

Ah yeah, I figured it must have had something to do with that. But if it keeps going up 1-3k each time, I would think pretty soon there's just not going to be enough interested people to make the funding successful. It seems like they might have to re-think the approach of getting these made at some point.

Edited by fkro6784, 15 April 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#62 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

They need roughly $400 a day in pledges before it ends.

I just figure if it hits $14K, they'll pull in $1K from an exclusive buyer like Rotofugi or 3DRetro to finish it off. It's too costly to give Kickstarter a cut of every exclusive color, but they could do it with 1 or 2.

As far as the voting goes, open public voting is part of what the project was started on. OT members that were there for the series 1 voting defended new voters for series 2 and again for series 3 when people complained again.

#63 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

I just want that mushroom :p

#64 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

I just want that mushroom :p

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!

#65 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

That's exactly what she said!

#66 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's just dopey to try and offload half a mold... I mean, what the hell are you going to do with that? Make cookies??
Now if it were a whole mold, as in both halves of the same character, I imagine some people might actually be tempted and pledge the $500 he's asking. That might bring in some more backers, even if only one or two it might be enough to push it over the line.

The voting is a sham in my eyes too. That whole pug fiasco really skewed my opinion on not only the process of voting, but the management (or lack thereof) of it. Now I don't care if it makes it or not.

Edited by Metalmonkey, 15 April 2013 - 07:19 PM.

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#67 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

so whats up with this Zombie Pheydon, is it already made? Is the figure included in the price of the kickstarter, but only available to those who buy both sets get 1 free figure? If its not made yet, then if it is included with the price of the kickstarter goal then how come everyone doesnt get one

people are all excited they get a figure, but no one is asking where this figure is coming from and who is initially paying for it.

Edited by Ericnilla, 15 April 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#68 Metalmonkey

Metalmonkey

Ironhaus apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:Collecting/making/talking about LRGs.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I was thinkin it but. :)

bannerfans20blog2015.jpgbanner2015_1.jpg

#69 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

so whats up with this Zombie Pheydon, is it already made? Is the figure included in the price of the kickstarter, but only available to those who buy both sets get 1 free figure? If its not made yet, then if it is included with the price of the kickstarter goal then how come everyone doesnt get one

people are all excited they get a figure, but no one is asking where this figure is coming from and who is initially paying for it.

If you pledge $25, you get a flesh and a black Zombie Pheyden with your flesh and black OMFG sets. I'm guessing the black will be exclusive to the Kickstarter even if they start selling it in different colors through OTMF. It's just a couple bonus figures to encourage most people to pledge at least $25. It's not much different than something like Rivet Wars where you need to pledge at a certain level to get all the stretch goal add-ons.

It was supposed to be one of the 5 series 2 Z.O.M.B.I.E. figures, but it sounds like that is still up in the air.

I think OT will kick in what is needed to fund it in the end unless they don't want it funded. Think about how much more money OT would make selling figures like Dr. Decay and Fruit Punch through OTMF instead where they are the ones making money on exclusive colors like they are with Deadbeet. It's better business for them than only selling flesh, purple, and GITD OMFG.

#70 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

I am going to guess that if the Kickstarter funds, they will pay to have the Pheyden mold made at the same time. Probably a 6th cavity of the S3 mold. I am going to guess that the beet was part of the S2 mold.

Anyone pledging gets a free bonus figure added. It's a great way to tempt people to buy in a little higher.

#71 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

There's no guess involved, Baby 'Beet is from the same tooling as the series 2 figures hence how they can afford to put out the figure at $2. If there had been a separate mould made then they wouldn't have been able to delver the figure for that price. I've never seen George make mention of that on the forums but he did confirm it during the 24 hour Toy Break. So every colour series 2 has come in has had 'Beets produced and the same should apply to series 3 and Pheydon.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#72 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

so did the kickstarter people from the series 2 pay for the baby beet to be added into it, and then have to pay again to get it? or did they pay that out of their own pockets? do they just add figures in on the peoples expense, then sell them?

#73 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

so did the kickstarter people from the series 2 pay for the baby beet to be added into it, and then have to pay again to get it? or did they pay that out of their own pockets? do they just add figures in on the peoples expense, then sell them?

"Shell games"...

I mean, KS is for getting business started... And the fact that three series in, they are still relying on KS to get these things produced really makes me wonder about how they are managing the money... If they aren't setting funds back off of sales, and they're supplementing ales by squeezing other figures into existing mold sets, then where in the hell is that money going?

But, whatever. Haters gonna hate, and I am clearly a hater.

#74 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

From the customer side, I can't complain about getting 12 figures for $25 shipped. From their business side, it's surprising they want to keep using Kickstarter as their pre-order system and give KS a % of the funding.

#75 monsterhunter

monsterhunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

I was thinking abut that Zombie Pheydon and was wondering if Jkaris does go in on another set of exclusives for series 3, will he be given 200 LRG green pheydons? I think he should get them. It's only fair considering he has funded and supplied at least twice as many exclusives as any other single retailer.

BTW - Eric, I am not specifically asking you. It's just that your comment made me think of it. :unknw:

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com