105 replies to this topic

#101 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

Well, I did save up a little after all these months....under the impression I had only missed out on the pre-order of a $60-something figure. I didn't realize the final price would be over 100, which I'll never have, unfortunately.

Was there no way of knowing they'd cost that much, to warn anybody before it was too late?

Edited by scythemantis, 15 April 2019 - 02:35 PM.

#102 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

...you saved up more than half of it already, I think you can make it to $95/100.

#103 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

60 was already almost impossible for me to justify, unfortunately, already twice what I've virtually ever spent on a single toy. Its not always just a matter of having the money on-hand but whether spending it all on one thing is responsible or healthy for your level of income.

I'm not demanding the price be lowered or anything, just that, for future reference, it woulda been nice to have any indication that such a hike was a possibility : /

Edited by scythemantis, 18 April 2019 - 09:44 PM.

#104 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

They were $95 and $100 + shipping on the Kickstarter.  Traditionally kickstarter prices are set to encourage people to take a little chance and get in early--it's incentivized pricing.

And no, there wasn't really a way for me to know for sure during the Kickstarter, or even until quite recently, what final costs would be incurred with shipping/importing, customs, packaging, storage, etc.  It's a lot, and all things considered, the price hike wasn't crazy.

Sorry if the price got out of your range, but I do believe it's a fairly good price for the size and quality of the toys.

In other news, I've got another Kickstarter you might find quite affordable.  You can get 3 sets with that TBBXL money you saved up ;)

https://www.kickstar...ks-mini-figures

Edited by EdGein, 24 April 2019 - 07:39 PM.

#105 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:24 PM

I took scythemantis at his word... yeah, the cheapest you could do was $70/75 if you got Liceplant/Muckoid unpainted. The fact that the costs didn't go up when you went to retail is nice, as that's usually what I see on Kickstarter merchandise.

#106 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:39 PM

They are up higher now, but I just mean to point out that they haven't gone up a ton, and were never 'cheap' depending on your scale for 'cheap.'  

The Kickstarter backer costs are a, "Hey pre-buy this thing and help me get the up front capital!" prices.  Hence the "incentivized pricing" mentioned above--the backers take a bit of a risk and the reward is that ultimately they get a discount. 

The final retail costs are like, "Well that all cost a lot more than I thought and here is a more realistic price." prices.  No risk here, the product is sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped.

Edited by EdGein, 25 April 2019 - 05:41 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com