Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Trash Bag Bunch paint variations (NOT S2)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Howlrunner

Howlrunner

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Trash Bag Bunch
    Battle Beasts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

I came across this when I got a double and wondered if anyone else had spotted any other examples?  I know that the same figures have been produced in different colours of plastic before paint was applied, but this is the first paint variant I've come across.  I'm assuming it's a factory error due to it being missing paint, instead of a different colour or added paint.

HXgNFHc.jpgvIcnkVi.jpg

As you can see, the figure on the left is missing yellow paint from his feet and upper thighs.  He's also missing a blue rectangle on his belt and a blue triangle on his upper chest.  The yellow used on both figures is also quite definitely two different shades (one "neon" the other "lemon").

#2 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

I can’t speak for TBB, but Z bots, which were also made by galoob around the same time have paint variations that are very similar. Like some had symbols and others didn’t, as well as more subtle variations like the ones you pictured

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#3 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:45 AM

I can’t speak for TBB, but Z bots, which were also made by galoob around the same time have paint variations that are very similar. Like some had symbols and others didn’t, as well as more subtle variations like the ones you pictured

Ah, neat.  I've only recently been learning about several of these lines, I think many of 'em hit the scene while I was well into high school.  Maybe even college.  (Trash Bag, small Boglins, Savage Mondo, etc.)

Attached File  8656636281_2f4a3df026_b.jpg   333.61K   5 downloads

Edit:  This was supposed to be a reply to my id thread; I had two LRG windows open -- ooops!  

Edited by TinyPink, 09 October 2018 - 06:47 AM.

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com