Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Trash Bag Bunch
    Savage Mondo Blitzers
    Hiro color changing Aliens

Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

✩ I just returned from a trip to my parents house, and came across some pretty interesting gems!
Some were remembered, but missing, others were totally forgotten.
Kind of debated on if I should keep these finds in a single "look what I found!" post.
But, since they are all from separate collections, it seemed better to split them into the appropriate topics.

Of all the surprise finds during my toy excavation, none were quite as surprising as these little dudes.
In a massive box of dime-store army men, dinosaurs, and zoo animals, I saw 3 little invaders that DEFINITELY were not like the others.
All I had to go on was the word "HIRO" stamped on their backs.

Monumental thanks @fkro6784 and other contributors at Little Weirdos for creating the topic I stumbled across that allowed me to identify them.
Turns out they were a small assortment of color changing aliens, inspired by "true" alien encounter descriptions reported in Venezuela, Jacksonville, and Kelly Hopkinsville.

I LOVE the concept of this series, but sadly it sounds like they are super rare and I doubt I'll ever run across more of these amazing little dudes that I can afford.

But, I tried to get some good photos, at least!
They were surprisingly hard to capture on film.
I'd put them in the freezer for a minute to make them as dark as possible.
Then as they changed color and got lighter from the heat of the light I was using, my camera settings would begin blowing them out.
So, these color changing gifs makes it seem a bit erratic, but that's because the thinner areas got warmer first and the inside was still chill.

Hiro_Alien_Jacksonville.gifHiro_Alien_Venezuala.gifHiro_Alien_KellyHopkinsville.gif

The blue plastic gets so light and milky translucent, it's like they are getting beamed away.
Anyone else have the hard-plastic color changers?
Here are some more closeups:

Hiro_Alien_Jacksonville_front.pngHiro_Alien_Jacksonville_back.pngHiro_Alien_Venezuala_front.pngHiro_Alien_Venezuala_back.pngHiro_Alien_KellyHopkinsville_front.pngHiro_Alien_KellyHopkinsville_back.pngHiro_Aliens_group.png

gooblin.png
Wish List 

#2 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:52 PM

Those are amazing.

#3 RobToka

RobToka

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
    Savage Mondo Blitzers

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

Those are amazing.

I thought so too!
Few things in my life were as exciting as watching them change color under warm water after hopping out of bed once I read about them on LittleWeirdos.
There is a lot of molding flare around the outreaching hands on the blue ones, but other than that, the casting is pretty sharp in this material.
I don't really have a place to properly display them, so I'm not sure what to do with them yet.

I really would like to find more, because it feels like if these 3 are all I'll ever find, I should maybe let them go to help someone else grow their existing collection.
But, after a few days, this thread hasn't got much attention, so perhaps there isn't much excitement for this series anymore.

gooblin.png
Wish List 

#4 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:14 AM

Yeah I love these guys. I only have one myself, the pasguala mummy guy. It's a hard line to collect though.

#5 RobToka

RobToka

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
    Savage Mondo Blitzers

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:27 AM

Yeah I love these guys. I only have one myself, the pasguala mummy guy. It's a hard line to collect though.

No way! That's one of my favorite!
I haven't seen actual photo evidence of several, but I think Nebraska, Pascagoula, and Hokkaido would be my top wants.
Though, I like them all- the others provide great contrast with the weirder ones.

Is your Pascagoula a hard plastic color-change or a keshi?

I was surprised that the hard plastics apparently come in more colors (lavender/pink maybe?) It's hard to tell since it depends on their temp.

gooblin.png
Wish List 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com