• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts. Battle Beasts. Beast Saga. OMFG.

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

August 2019 launch for Season 1 of Dragamonz - boxed figures come in eggs. You smash the egg open, and there's a 1 1/2-inch painted dragon figure inside.  Each figure comes with a bunch of trading cards. 

I'm starting the topic to mention I will be showcasing these in my panel at SDCC this year - New Toys, Action Figures, and Statues with Entertainment Earth's Adam Pawlus.  If you'd like to see these up-close, and you like blind-packed figures and things in general, please be in Meeting Room #9 at 3:00 PM pm Thursday, July 18.  I'm not at liberty to share pictures and such today but I'll be back to post stuff after the panel.  These are going to be the last things shown in the panel, and I'm excited to share with those in the room why we saved them for last.  (So you can arrive late, is what I'm saying.)

I have a sample one on my desk and they're pretty good.  Lots of small painted details, like the black in the dragon's mouth is painted the eyes have a few colors, the wings have some detailing painted in there... for the size, I'm very impressed.  Also it's standing next to a Panosh Place Dino-Mites figure, so what a mini-figure can be has changed a lot in 22 years.

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#2 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:00 PM

I received my order (a box of 3) from amazon this week. They're pretty cool.

#3 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:36 PM

Well, that was a change from the original plan.  Come see the panel anyway if anyone is able. :)

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:44 PM

Yeah, I looked it up and there's actually a lot of videos on the toyline out already, part of it being that SpinMaster sent out samples to the surprise toy YouTubers out there. It's a really neat looking toyline and if SDCC was anything besides a pipe dream I'd have been happy to check out the panel.

#5 adam16bit

adam16bit

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

Aaanyway, I gave out a few hundred Dragamonz at my toy panel, along with Littlest Pet Shop Lucky Pets, enamel pins, Aggretsuko key chains, Lord of the Rings key chains, a Transformers diorama, and a bunch of other stuff.

I did about an hour of various action figure, toy, and collectible reveals followed by a goodie bag giveaway to everybody in the room.  I really like the mini-figure format, and Glyos, and lots of other stuff, so I'm trying to spread the good word about cool toys people don't normally see.  One of the kids got (and was kind enough to show me) a chase green porcupine dragon he got in his egg, and dang if they don't look cool.  (I only got one egg myself so far!)

--Adam Pawlus
16bit.com and elsewhere

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com