• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:26 AM

The other three are ripped off of existing vinyl figures from Japan. The one next to Godzilla is Mechagodzilla, while the other two are Telesdon and Black King from Ultraman.

Cheers, exactly what I was looking for :D

As for the pirates - the Yolanda thing seems feasable, so thanks for that - not so sure about the other pirate though. At some point in the past we had a full set of those "Pirates of the High Seas", and they were all based on "real" pirates. I remember Captain Hook (as you have there), Black Bart, Long John Silver, Blackbeard, Captain Kidd and One-Eyed John. That pirate I have there looks too much of a "stereotypical" pirate to belong to that group, what with having a peg, eye-patch AND hook! Good guess though, and cheers for the Yolanda ID.

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#27 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

The tall angry pirate figure is not from the Pirates of the High Seas series. I actually own the figure in question, as well as 3 others from the same series (they're currently in my grandparents' attic on the other side of the country). I remember I purchased them at a dollar store probably about 15 years ago. Not sure what the series of figures was called, but they are a very thick, heavy rubber material.
The Pirates of the High Seas figures were a different quality altogether - plastic torso and rubber arms/legs/head. I believe I owned Long John Silver from that series as well.

#28 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

Indeed - I think I have another pirate from the same series somewhere, another hook-handed guy with a red coat, a big chin and a goofy smile.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#29 muckmonster87

muckmonster87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

the japanese monsters are all actually from a knockoff series called "Super Dinosaurs," if you look they are slightly different than the licensed versions and are unmarked. i was actually going to bid on that lot but the seller wouldn't ship to the US. if you ever want to get rid of that KO mecha-godzilla, please let me know.

the tiger wrestler is named TigoRex, he's from a series called Muscle Warriors. the yellow bumpy alien next to him is unnamed, he's from a 90s series called UFO Files.

#30 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

Cheers for that, Mr. Muck - And I have Super Dinosaurs??? Smashing! :D

Is there anywhere that has an image of ALL the Super Dinosaurs? As I have a suspicion that some of my other things may be Super Dinosaurs too.

Thanks for the other two IDs as well - I'd found out about UFO Files through ChristianG's Flickr set, but didn't have a clue about TigoRex. Closest I could find was Galaxy Warriors.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#31 muckmonster87

muckmonster87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Muscle Warriors is just another in a long line of knockoffs of Galaxy Warriors, which is a knockoff of Masters of the Universe.

to my knowledge there is no online archive of Super Dinosaurs. i have the 2 you have in the bottom pic as well as these 3. i have seen color variations of all of these.

Posted Image

i no longer have the Bemstar KO in the middle, but i have this purple version now instead (the little one is from a different line called Super Dino Monsters)
Posted Image

i also have this KO kaiju figure that is the same scale and even uses some of the same parts, but i do not know if it is from the Super Dinosaurs line or something else entirely.
Posted Image

i also know of at least 2 other figures from the Super Dinosaurs. info on almost any KO kiaju line is extremely difficult to find online, and most searches will probably just lead to me posting about them on other forums!

#32 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Cheers for that - I have that gold/blue one, and will certainly be on the lookout for the red/silver one now!

As for Super Dino Monsters, I've got six of those... Used to get one off my gran everytime I went out to the shops with her back in the day. Either one of those or a Madball knock-off. Think I got that blue Super Dinosaur off her too, come to think of it.

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#33 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Right, here's another thing! A two-headed monster I found on my occassional generic monster hunts on eBay:

Posted Image

There's no markings on him, and he's around six inches tall.

Next up, in a mixed lot I got another miniature Sungold Monster, boosting the amount of possible sculpts by a further two. Just thought I'd share it here:

Posted Image

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#34 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

So, no-one's got ANY idea what that blue two-headed monstrosity is?

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#35 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

So, no-one's got ANY idea what that blue two-headed monstrosity is?

This isn't an answer but it looks like one of those awesome cold war russia toys. Theres a couple threads about them from one LRG collector on here.

#36 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Posted Image

Don't think it's from the Cold War, seems too modern to be something like that. I'm thinking POSSIBLY a Chap Mei thingy?

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#37 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Im sure its a chap Mei toy they was other alien figures as well.

http://www.toyarchiv...FakeWinged.html

http://www.toyarchiv...FakeSpiney.html
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Think that's cracked it :D

They have similar legs and colours, Chap Mei all the way! Someone really should do a Chap Mei archive of some sorts one day...

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#39 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

I found my Pandon knockoff. It's blue!

IIRC, they actually came with tags identifying them as Pandon, Black King, etc. I remember that because I had no clue what this was when I was a wee tyke, but there was its name.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 muckmonster87

muckmonster87

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

the alien KO might be from a line called Star Cop, i have a red KO alien from that line as well as the winged one from that link. been looking for that guy, please let me know if you ever want to trade/sell it.

the other guy is indeed from the Sungold mini monsters line. there were 12 in the series.

#41 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

12 in the series, and here's me only needing three more of them! Joy of joys :D

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#42 Yuck

Yuck

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

#43 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Oh WOW, thanks a lot!!

Where'd that picture come from?

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com