17 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

WANTED PICS OR SCANS OF THE BIGHORN SHEEP, BLOODTHIRSTY BISON AND SABRESWORD TIGER CARDS

For some of you it might´ve been way too quiet regarding the Beastformers Archaeology project that we´re running out here and that´s because most of the details are discussed within the Team and behind the scenes until we´ve figured it out in a proper way to share it with the BB community. Our last subject, regarding the BB Releases all over the world, wasn´t as successful as planned since we got stuck pretty seriously when it came down to the releases in the EU causing delays and until now that´s a part of the puzzle we´re still missing to much pieces to make any progress.

But we´ve recently started looking into a new Subject again and that´re the BB Cards that were released in Japan. For some this might not hold a whole lot of question marks anymore because most of the cards are already archived in the Collection Battle Beasts Guide we have out here on LRG but I can tell you we´ve been bumping into some interesting details so far that might tell an even more complete story.

What are we looking for?

Right now we´re at a point were we might need some direct input from the BB community to verify a few facts to see if our research so far matches with what´s around and for that we´re in particular and only looking for pics or scans from the Bighorn Sheep and Bloodthirsty Bison cards. So please check if you might have those in your collection in a single Japanese box or inside any of the Japanese BB Vehicle boxes and share it because there´s a couple of details we´d like to check on those cards to see if our theory so far is showing us wrong or right. (We obviously know of the presence of these cards in the Checklist so please don´t link or copy these, we´re explicitly looking for the cards you might have because in detail these might hold some different crucial info for us). This also means we might be looking for multiple scans of pics from each cards from various fellow BB collectors so please don´t hold back if someone else might´ve already shared the picture or scan we´re looking for!

Thanks for the help and hopefully the Beastformers Archaeology Team will soon be back out here being able to share a new topic with Historical background info regarding the Battle Beasts line that might provide some new insights again as we´ve shown in our previous topics.

Edited by Beastformers, 07 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:50 AM

Nothing so far yet and I´m pretty sure at least a few BB fans amongst us most have one or both of these cards so please have a look and share a pic or scan of it because it´d be really helpful. Thanks!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

Here is what I have for the two cards.

Attached Files

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#4 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

These were from another collector, I think Jkaris.

Attached Files

I will never quit.

#5 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Thanks, so far it is looking good and we might be on the right track, now still looking for more Bison cards to confirm and seal our theory.

Keep them coming!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#6 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:03 PM

Due to some new insights there´s a slight change of plans since we´re now also looking for the card of the Sabresword Tiger besides the Bison one.

Thanks!

Edited by Beastformers, 07 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#7 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

Emailed you some card scans from the set I had before I sold them years ago.

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Ok, I thought it was you. LOL It has been quite a while ago.

I will never quit.

#9 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Thnx for the input guys, this is really helpful and appreciated.

Sadly enough the specific cards we´re looking at in the scans I received from Jkaris didn´t show what we´re looking for so we´re still looking for the two cards mentioned above. Just to clarify we´re looking at a few specific details on the front of the cards and there are some slight differences here amongst some cards which is why we´re asking to check and upload your cards as well because those hold the details we´re after. Can´t tell to much because we don´t want to create rumors or speculations on something we´re not sure about, the theory is there and so far its holding up for the cards that we did find.

So left are the cards of the Bloodthirsty Bison and the Sabresword Tiger.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#10 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:34 AM

This is the one that I have.

Attached Files

I will never quit.

#11 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:43 AM

Thnx mate! This might be the card we´re looking for because it is showing the slight difference we´ve been looking for BUT there´s more Series 2 cards that seem to hold the same thing and that isn´t in line with our expectations so it is time to become a bit more specific.

The three cards we´ve been looking for here (Rabbit, Sheep, Bison (replaced by the Sabresword Tiger)) where all part of figures that´re included in the Japanese BB chariot Boxsets (Battling- Tearin´ Tiger, Deer Stalker and Big Horn) which seem to hold a different detail compared to the cards that were released with the exact same figures which were released in the single box. So far, apart from the recent Series 2 discovery, the theory we had so far seems to hold. And in order to be even more sure we´d like to see if there´s people with any of these Japanese boxsets around that are still complete with the original insets, and thus the ID card of the figure that came with that chariot, and share these with us to see if our theory holds. Please don´t open any sealed boxes because even though it would help us it is not in line with our task to preserve the history of this line and in our opinion sealed boxes should remain sealed.

So if you might have a Japanese boxset of any of the three vehicles and still have the ID card of the figure inside please make a pic or scan of it and share it here or send it to me directly.

Thanks in advance!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#12 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:56 AM

I have a Tiger Chariot set in the box, the tap is pretty loose on it I will see if I can get it open and take a pic.

I will never quit.

#13 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

I have a Tiger Chariot set in the box, the tap is pretty loose on it I will see if I can get it open and take a pic.

Cool but don´t open it if you can´t get to it easily, thanks!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#14 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:01 PM

What differences are you looking for?

#15 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

I have a boxed Tiger Chariot as well. Will take a look and see if I can take some pictures of it this week. It has been opened since the day I got it so shouldn't be a problem.

#16 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:20 AM

What differences are you looking for?

Since we´re currently looking into the BB cards trying to make a complete checklist of all of them we bumped into a couple of oddities looking at the years mentioned on the cards and they don´t always seem to correspond for 100% with the info/knowledge we had about them so far. As with some of the variant figures we´ve been looking into some theories to trace those weird dated cards back to their origin and those boxsets might have had something to do with it. Cards themselves, as in artwork, etc. are similar so we´re focusing on the details here that´re found in the final line on the front of the card holding TAKARA CO LTD..... So far we seem to be on the right track but we got to find a couple of solid confirmations to prove its not just a one time hit matching the theory. You know we´re pretty thoroughly and serious when it comes to these things, that´s why we take so long ;)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#17 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

Cool but don´t open it if you can´t get to it easily, thanks!

Here you go man, This is straight from the box.

Attached Files

I will never quit.

#18 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:15 PM

Thnx man, so far so good! Let´s hope we´ll get some info on the inserts with the Japanese Deer and Ram chariot boxes as well.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com