Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

I think I discovered a pattern with the Prehistorics tribe...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

I believe that there was 5 of each "main" colour. Green, light green, purple, orange, cream yellow, blue, and red.

And I think that the odd weird colours.... pink, neon red, light blue, normal yellow etc, were only released with the blister pack bubble carded sets. Which is why there only seems to be 1 or 2 of each colour

Here's my checklist, red stamp means I have it, yellow stamp means I've seen it

Attached Files

Edited by Mikeum, 11 February 2019 - 06:16 PM.

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#2 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Interesting, that would make sense as to why the tribe seems all over the place. My first thought was that the first 4 guys Chief, Spy etc.. came in certain colours and the last 4 "normal" tribe members came in the others but that pattern seems to break it.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#3 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 12:01 PM

I believe that there was 5 of each "main" colour. Green, light green, purple, orange, cream yellow, blue, and red.

And I think that the odd weird colours.... pink, neon red, light blue, normal yellow etc, were only released with the blister pack bubble carded sets. Which is why there only seems to be 1 or 2 of each colour

Here's my checklist, red stamp means I have it, yellow stamp means I've seen it

Interesting post this one, was wondering whether you'd had any more progress on the Prehistorics colour pattern?

From your chart it seems you found the Blue spy dork from that old advertising picture? That must have been a rare find?

Attached Files

#4 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:36 AM

Would love to see photos of where you've got to Mikeum?

#5 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 11:47 AM

Interesting post this one, was wondering whether you'd had any more progress on the Prehistorics colour pattern?

From your chart it seems you found the Blue spy dork from that old advertising picture? That must have been a rare find?

yeah I have that, it's the only one ive seen. hopefully its the only one in existence and it's the same one in the picture  :lol: the same guy had a bunch of rare stuff, like purple Dimm and yellow Chief Dredd, which i've never seen anywhere else yet. also red scout dink, which ive seen one other of, but i dunno who got him. he was in a huge lot and I think someone made a deal outside of ebay because the listing got pulled. might be the same one, who knows

maybe the guy got them from someone who worked on them or something, i have no idea. maybe they were distributed only to his town randomly for some reason

Would love to see photos of where you've got to Mikeum?

i havent added anything unfortunately :(

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#6 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the reply, you've got some sweet ones in your collection for sure. Strange how that one guy had them all, he must know something we don't.
You were really fortunate to get them.

I think I've seen one picture of a blue spy dork on the internet somewhere other than the old advertisement. I'm not sure if it's your picture or someone else's. I'll try & find it.

The yellow scout dink in the pic is an interesting one too that is probably out there somewhere if it hasn't been destroyed.

Have you stopped searching for new additions?

#7 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:39 PM

This is the pic I found.

Attached Files

#8 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, you've got some sweet ones in your collection for sure. Strange how that one guy had them all, he must know something we don't.
You were really fortunate to get them.

I think I've seen one picture of a blue spy dork on the internet somewhere other than the old advertisement. I'm not sure if it's your picture or someone else's. I'll try & find it.

The yellow scout dink in the pic is an interesting one too that is probably out there somewhere if it hasn't been destroyed.

Have you stopped searching for new additions?

yeah that's my picture  :lol: I'm still searching, I just haven't seen anything I need for ages. I'm not bothered about getting all the neons, mostly the first 12 colours

the yellow scout dink looks like the same yellow as my chief dredd. 

Attached Files

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#9 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:05 PM

I thought it might be your pic, & the yellow one is awesome mate. Yeah I think the scout is the same colour too.

Im the opposite as i mostly collect the neons but I do collect normal colours of Prehistorics & any other rarer/unusual ones & the ones that wern't available in neon...
I've got lots of 1st twelve colours to trade with so if your interested give me a PM.
Also I've been doing some trading with Kinggrimlock too so he's another one who's in the game.

#10 KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:05 PM

Yep, I’m always up for some trading!

#11 Boglinboss

Boglinboss

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:03 AM

Always game for a trade. Colour collector here.

#12 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:20 AM

So do you think that theres a corralation that dent comes in unusual colours like neon red/pink because he wasn't available in 'apple' & the other 3 were?

Edited by SamuraiCC, 16 April 2020 - 10:24 AM.

#13 Boglinjim

Boglinjim

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 01:00 PM

Just found this read… nice info, here’s the ones I found a few months back.
Very intrigued by the prehistorics especially after finding these.

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com