• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

I picked these two figures up recently, and i'm not quite sure what either one is...google has failed me, and Virtual Toy Chest is poorly laid out if you have no idea what you're trying to look up. :D

Posted Image

The red & black magma-looking guy is stamped on his feet "TM and © 1995 Aegis Series, ©1995 Nelvana, Playmates Toys".

The other guy (who i feel is freaking sweet, by the way), simply has SOMA stamped on the inside of one of his boots. This one's probably just an old dollar store He-Man knockoff, but he's a pretty great one at least. :p
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=170189993346

#3 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=170189993346

Hmm, WildC.A.T.S., eh? Well, i guess i should expect slight disappointment out of anything from the mid 90's...a dark time for both toys AND comics. :lol:

I wonder why i didn't see that in my search?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#4 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

Beats me - all I did was Google "1995 Nelvana Playmates" and BAM! WildC.A.T.S. figures on eBay.

EDIT: I think what I originally said sounded a bit unit-ish... but I've found your other figure too! :lol:

http://www.virtualto...ntasyworld.html

Edited by Boaconda, 24 April 2008 - 06:23 PM.

#5 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

Adding "Aegis Series" to my google search might have been my downfall, i guess. :lol:

That's awesome that you found the other guy, how'd you manage to dig that up so fast??? And if you tell me you just googled "Soma beard eyepatch", i'll refuse to believe you. :lol:

Anyway, that Fantasy World line is AMAZING. I'm definitely gonna need to hunt down some more of those. And when i theorized cheap He-Man knockoff, i had no idea there'd actually be a recolored Panthor in the line...
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

Oh, you're gonna love this... I searched for "Soma" on eBay. Had to actually scroll through a couple links, but easily enough, saw an auction with two of the figures and the title clearly labeled "Soma Fantasy World." It took more time to find Virtual Toy Chest's page on them than to actually identify them. :lol:

#7 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

So i think we can just come right out and say that research is not one of my strong points. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#8 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:24 AM

If your thinking of collecting Fantasy World and other similar action lines you should go to www.action-figure.ca its a great resource for these kind of unofficial companion lines. And as a plus the owner of the site even posts here at LRG from time to time, although I forget his handle :lol:

:lol: I forgot the s, thanks Boconda, action-figures.ca. ^_^

Edited by mrjayberry, 25 April 2008 - 11:26 AM.

#9 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:33 AM

If your thinking of collecting Fantasy World and other similar action lines you should go to www.action-figure.ca its a great resource for these kind of unofficial companion lines. And as a plus the owner of the site even posts here at LRG from time to time, although I forget his handle :lol:

I went and it doesn't seem to exist. :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

He forgot the s, it's action-figures.ca. :(

#11 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:01 AM

He forgot the s, it's action-figures.ca. :p

If i was ever going to hire a personal assistant, i'd want it to be you. :(
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com