• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

Hey guys, here are two new customs that I just finished up. I hope you guys like them, and finally I think I have okay pics, although the Stegosaurus pics are on the touch blue side. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the new figures. Thanks ahead for any feedback. later in the post I actually try and get up a moderate profile for the two:

Stampedin' Stegosaurus:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Terrordactyl:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 lazzy lizard

lazzy lizard

fiznucking chillin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Interests:love to collect all sorts of stuff mainly star wars(new & old), motu (new & old), glyos, beastformers, godzilla, and some 80's cartoons and tv show characters. love making customs too!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:24 PM

those are sweet. i hope my terrordactyl looks as good.

=)
AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE A BATTLE BEASTS PARTY CAUSE A BATTLE BEAST PARTY DON'T STOP!!!

VISIT MY CUSTOMS GALLERY>> http://www.littlerub...showtopic=17082

#3 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:32 PM

The Stegasaurs is PERFECT!!! I LOVE IT! Did you use some Marx dino parts?

The Pteradactyl's head ain't doin' it for me. I love the wings and the color scheme...but, that head...sorry, I gotta be honest. :o Can't you find a plastic dino to use for the head? :p

Overall excellent ideas and execution!!! :D Keep up the GREAT work!!! ;)

Hey, the reason I haven't added your other custom photos to the guide yet, is that the photos you posted in the "customs to be added" thread are WAAAAAAAAAAAY too big. :(

TGB

#4 fossilsaur

fossilsaur

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love them both!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little short on $$$$$$$$$$$$$ right now but when Im not I WANT EM
Brook

#5 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

TGB, yeah, I am not really a 100% pleased with the Pterodactyl head, but I had the body finished, and around me that was the only head that I could find that was the right size. I look at the head more as a temporary one. It works for me if I can't find another head, but as soon as I find one, I'll replace it with a better one.

Also, I resized all the pics in the guide thread. Let me know if they are okay.

Eric

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

effing DOPE!

The Stegosauraus rocks! But I agree, the pterodactyl needs a new head.

Damn dude, those are sweet as hell!

#7 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

TGB, yeah, I am not really a 100% pleased with the Pterodactyl head, but I had the body finished, and around me that was the only head that I could find that was the right size. I look at the head more as a temporary one. It works for me if I can't find another head, but as soon as I find one, I'll replace it with a better one.

Also, I resized all the pics in the guide thread. Let me know if they are okay.

Eric

Hey bro, I hope I didn't come across as too harsh... :o I KNOW you appreciate honest critisizm. :p

I SERIOUSLY do LOVE that Stego and the body of the Ptery is GREAT!!! ;)

I will look at the custom photos tomorrow. :(

TGB

#8 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:06 PM

Hey bro, I hope I didn't come across as too harsh... I KNOW you appreciate honest critisizm.

I SERIOUSLY do LOVE that Stego and the body of the Ptery is GREAT!!!

I will look at the custom photos tomorrow.

TGB

Not at all, not at all. :p I do realize it needs a better head, it's just that is the only head I have been able to find, and I wanted to see how the color scheme and such would work. I don't mind a bit of honest, constructive criticism though. Keeps me striving to do better with my customs and repaints. :o

On that note, if anyone has a Pterodactyl figure that they thing might work, send me a pic. Or if you have seen one somewhere, let me know where. Thanks again guys!!

Eric

#9 Personality #9

Personality #9

Suedehead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts (I migrated over from the Beastformers boards), the sciences, Baseball (Huge St. Louis Cardinals fan) and of course, women.

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:38 PM

As usual Eric, great work!

I love the Stegosaurus, he looks effin' awsome!! :o :p

Like Marty stated about the Pterodactyl, his body and wings look great, and his head looks great at an angle (see second photo), but from the front his head looks asymetrical.

Hope its something you can fix though, it look pretty damn sweet! :(
Formally known as Artimus Prime

#10 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:59 AM

Eric those look grest! I especially like the Stegosaurus' weapon. What did you make it from?

~~~Omega~~~

#11 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

Eric, I love the Stago!!!! Awsome man!!! I can't wait to see more!!!

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#12 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:22 AM

Thanks again guys. Glad you like the Stego, and I promise sometime as soon as I get a head for him, I'll have a revised Terrordactyl.

Omega, the Stegosaurus weapon is made from a few different things. First, the handle is made from a staff that came with Prince somebody from the Fisher Price Imaginext line from about two years ago (I wish I could still find this line in stores, it was a GREAT source for custom weapons). The stock that holds the spikes is a gold muzzle from a submachine gun that came with Snake Eyes 2002. The spikes on the sides are the tips of toothpicks. And the spike on the top iteself is cut off of a dueling knife that came with a Street Fighter Vega figure from 1993. I would still like to paint the entire thing gold, I just haven't gotten around to it. Personally I don't mind the toothpick spikes being bare. It kind of gives it almost a bone color.

Eric

#13 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

Oh wow! That Stegosaurus is awesome! Terrordactyl is pretty cool as well. I think that with these 2 Tri Horn and King Buster a repainted set to match Transformers Dinobots would be cool. We just need a Bronto.

#14 Omega

Omega

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:53 AM

Thanks again guys. Glad you like the Stego, and I promise sometime as soon as I get a head for him, I'll have a revised Terrordactyl.

Omega, the Stegosaurus weapon is made from a few different things. First, the handle is made from a staff that came with Prince somebody from the Fisher Price Imaginext line from about two years ago (I wish I could still find this line in stores, it was a GREAT source for custom weapons). The stock that holds the spikes is a gold muzzle from a submachine gun that came with Snake Eyes 2002. The spikes on the sides are the tips of toothpicks. And the spike on the top iteself is cut off of a dueling knife that came with a Street Fighter Vega figure from 1993. I would still like to paint the entire thing gold, I just haven't gotten around to it. Personally I don't mind the toothpick spikes being bare. It kind of gives it almost a bone color.

Eric

Eric I say leave the weapon as is. You're right, those toothpicks really give it a unique bone color. It's your call, but it looks pretty cool the way it is.

~~~Omega~~~

#15 Yom

Yom

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:21 AM

Very cool custom job, once again :)

The Stegosaurus' armor looks like a gundam's :D
Ready for battle
Posted Image

#16 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, Omega, I think I am going to leave it the way it is. I like the bone color. Kind of makes me think that it as made from the tail of a deceased Stegosaurus. Maybe I could even work that into my story line that the club is an ancient weapon made from the tail of a great Stego warrior in a past time, and has been past down to each great warrior in the Stegosaurus lineage.

Yom, the front of the Stego's armor is indeed from Gundam. Well pieces anyways. The vents and the circle thing I cut off of chest armor from a gundam, and then made small notches in the armadillo's armor so that they would fit in flush. I actually use quite a few Gundam pieces when making my customs. They make nice custom fodder to add some unique armor pieces to each custom. I actually have a small box full of pieces.

I used to collect Gundam figures, but they always broke or arms would fall off. I ended up just throwing them in a box. Then, when I started making custom BBs, I found the box of them, and cut off what pieces I could use, and organised them.

Eric

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com