Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Beastformers Legends Poll!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Beastformers Legends Poll (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Beastformers Legends choose everyon you think should be considered.

1. Soupie (10 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

2. Mattewf1tz (2 votes [3.03%])

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

3. CCVegita (8 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

4. Dabbuu (5 votes [7.58%])

Percentage of vote: 7.58%

5. Run Amock Duck (6 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

6. Roland13 (6 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

7. WhiteLeo (24 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

8. Lord (5 votes [7.58%])

Percentage of vote: 7.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

Just a suggestion, but I think that in the future when there is a desire to select a new legend, a brief description of what each nominee has contributed to the collecting community should be posted. We are constantly getting new members, and many have no idea of who or what has really happened here, and I feel that many will vote based on first impressions, or lack there of. Did anyone realize that Soupie rhymes with Poopie? :D And if you switch the S and the P in Soupie it kind of sounds crude? Pousie....... Maybe Pousie should be a legend. :lol:

Posted Image

#27 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Soupie - SD Beastformer Archive, and tuns of other AKIA stuff.
Mattewf1tz - Sent the LB Book to me to be scanned plus the first Meiji Box, and helped with the SD BB Archive
CCVegita - Numerous scans of Cards, Veriants, and also helps with the SD BB Archive.
dabbuu - Took his whole collection to Lee's to be photographed.
Run Amuck Duck - Got the bb and lb guide published.
Roland13 - Sent his whole collection of LB and BB cards to be scanned by me for the guide.

White Leo - The price guide, translations, artwork, and loads of work organizing the forum.

Soupies own words! :D

Here is some brief info on all the guys.

WhiteLeo

Edited by WhiteLeo, 16 July 2007 - 06:20 AM.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#28 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

My votes in.Tough choice,all good candidates.
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#29 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 573 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:00 AM

My votes in.Tough choice,all good candidates.

My vote would go to Bickmore, Lord, white leo and possibly Roland

dabbuu
Posted Image

#30 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:51 AM

Soupie - SD Beastformer Archive, and tuns of other AKIA stuff.
Mattewf1tz - Sent the LB Book to me to be scanned plus the first Meiji Box, and helped with the SD BB Archive
CCVegita - Numerous scans of Cards, Veriants, and also helps with the SD BB Archive.
dabbuu - Took his whole collection to Lee's to be photographed.
Run Amuck Duck - Got the bb and lb guide published.
Roland13 - Sent his whole collection of LB and BB cards to be scanned by me for the guide.

Here is some brief info on all the guys.

WhiteLeo

You think just because you are in the lead you dont have to put down what you have done?!?!?! That is mighty cocky my friend..... ;)

Just curious are we just trying to get one person to be a "Legend" or are we gonna do the top 2......how is this gonna work? :huh:
Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#31 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:21 AM

There I added me, I used Soupies own words. :huh:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#32 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

There I added me, I used Soupies own words. ;)

WhiteLeo

:huh:

And, true to form, you edited them! (You did that on purpose, right? ;) )

Hey, everyone, I'm flattered to be considered for BF Legend status! Making the SDBF archive was/is a lot of fun! Matthew and I knew that even among BB/BF collectors, there were only a few collectors who collect SD Beastformers, and thus there would only be a few who really appreciated the archive -- but our hope was that it would still be used and maybe lead more to collect SDs.

I was member #3 of the original Beastformers forum, so when I think of BBs I think of people like Roland, Dabbu, and Run Amuck Duck -- who knew a ton about BB and had huge collections when they first joined , and also White Leo -- some of the other guys up there, I think of as "new." (Anyhow, I only voted for White Leo when I voted because I didn't know I could vote for more than one -- so I would include others. I think EVERYONE up there is "worthy" but like I said, those are the collectors I think of when I think BB collectors.)

I guess what I'm saying is that there are many others who deserve "legend" status over myself.

-_-
Posted Image

#33 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

I guess what I'm saying is that there are many others who deserve "legend" status over myself.

;)

Somebody’s doing a little sandbagging. :huh:

#34 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:24 AM

;)

Somebody’s doing a little sandbagging. -_-

Haha, I knew that was coming. :huh:

I was going to make a post about my grand mother having cancer... but I opted to go with the "I'm not worthy" instead. No, in all seriousness, I am serious, and said as much to Jkaris via PM a day or so ago. I don't consider myself a "legend" and I'd like to see some "old-timer" collectors get the nod, rather than myself.

;)
Posted Image

#35 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to bust your chops. ;)

Honestly, I can’t really speak to you contribution to Battle Beasts. They just haven’t been on my radar. But when the next MUSCLE Legend nominations come around I’ll be your biggest supporter. :huh:

#36 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

Just curious are we just trying to get one person to be a "Legend" or are we gonna do the top 2......how is this gonna work? :huh:

No, I think there will be more than one, I will have Johnny give more details on that.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#37 evo@24psi

evo@24psi

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

I voted. Funny cause i havent even done a deal with the guy i voted for? :blink:

#38 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

Ok,
I guess I should chime in...while appreciate you guys mentioning Jkaris and myself, I think this "LEGENDS" vote is more for those that members DON'T necessarily know what these collectors have contributed or forgot what these collectors have contributed to this site and it's members.

I think it is an injustice to exclude LORD from this list for MANY factors:#1 being the first collector to scan the GODBEAST sketches so they could be sculpted/molded and produced for collectors.
#2 allowing the only known complete set of French exclusive Shield Battler shields to be molded. (this allowed collectors to own a repro set for 1/6th the cost of the real deal)
#3 his site with ALL of it's priceless info on BB/LB.
#4 his crackin' the "Greek Beasts" mystery and sharing. (so other collectors weren't misleaded into thinking they were prototypes)
#5 keeping his brother in check and the other Frenchies...jk... :lol: (Please no French collectors take offense, I am only kiddin'.)

If LORD is not added, I will NOT be voting in boycot. :angry:

White Leo is MORE than deserving...he has taken the whole "MOD" title to a totally productive, selfless, contributing, and positive direction. I can only say that about 1-2 other mods. Heck, most mods here are even active enough in my opinion to stay on as "Mods." I think demotions are long over due.

Others on the list are totally deserving as well.

I STRONGLY disagree w/ Dabbuu's opinion of Alex Bickmore being a LEGEND...for what? :down: I TOTALLY agree w/ Dabbuu's opinion of Lord, White Leo, & Roland! :lol:

Run Amuck Duck is also a 100% strong canidate!!! W/O his articles and push w/ Lee's we would have less members here, no printed guide w/ accurate prices, and Dabbuu wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to have his collection in print.

These are my opinions only.

On another note...am I to understand that now we are going to have Muscle LEGENDS & Beastformer LEGENDS instead of just "LEGENDS?" Did I miss somethin'? :huh:

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 21 July 2007 - 08:56 AM.

#39 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

If LORD is not added, I will NOT be voting in boycot. :lol:

OK, LORD HAS BEEN ADDED IF ANYONE WANTS TO VOTE FOR HIM LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ADD YOUR VOTE TO HIM. I ALREADY ADDED TGB'S AND MINE.

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#40 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

If LORD is not added, I will NOT be voting in boycot. :lol:

OK, LORD HAS BEEN ADDED IF ANYONE WANTS TO VOTE FOR HIM LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ADD YOUR VOTE TO HIM. I ALREADY ADDED TGB'S AND MINE.

WhiteLeo

Thanks Steve, I didn't want to come off as a turd, however, LORD HAD to be added.

I also edited the poll because I voted for only one accidentally, instead of adding my other choices as well.

TGB

#41 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

I was kind of hoping that there would be more than one legend selected since someone else mentioned it. Maybe the first legend should be decided by the people, and then any other legends could be selected and agreed upon by the other legends and admins/mods of the site. That make sense? :lol: Just an idea. I think the old coots of the boards have a more thorough idea of what's happened here anyways. Since you guys have your own exclusive club and secret boards and all. :angry:

Posted Image

#42 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

We've picked 4 for this round, and 2 for certain for next round, whenever that may be :lol: .

#43 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:19 PM

I'm sorry that you disagree with me tgb but Bickmore, whether you like him or not, deserves it more than anybody. He is the reason myself Lord and I'm sure many others even collect battle beast now. I have also learnt more information on battle beasts from super toy archive than anywhere else. Sorry I guess we are just going to have to disagree. Lord also deserves it for sure with everything he's shared including the greek beast the Euro shields "no one really understood how rare these were until he came around." I can also see Hydra as a possible legend too. :lol:

dabbuu
Posted Image

#44 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

I can somewhat agree about Bickmore. Even I didn't know jack about battlebeast before I found his original BB page back in the day, before the BF forum was around I even have his original layout printed out, and I use it everytime I pull out my collection. Alas I think he's weird, and he thinks every vintage toy he touches turns to gold. If your reading this Bickmore you need to really drop those ridiculous prices you like to charge. No hard feelings, just how I feel, I still love your site though. :lol:

Posted Image

#45 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

I'm sorry that you disagree with me tgb but Bickmore, whether you like him or not, deserves it more than anybody. He is the reason myself Lord and I'm sure many others even collect battle beast now. I have also learnt more information on battle beasts from super toy archive than anywhere else. Sorry I guess we are just going to have to disagree. Lord also deserves it for sure with everything he's shared including the greek beast the Euro shields "no one really understood how rare these were until he came around." I can also see Hydra as a possible legend too. :lol:

dabbuu

My personal view of "LEGENDS" status is for members HERE that have contributed to THIS site and it's collectors, not solely on your own private site w/o any positive contribution to this site.

He doesn't post here (only a couple of times to defend himself), he doesn't reply to pms here (he has only replied to 1 or 2 of the ones I have sent him), he doesn't contribute information or photos here, he doesn't contribute at all here or to the collectors here.

Your quote, "Bickmore, whether you like him or not, deserves it more than anybody." to me, is ridiculous. I am not out to argue this with you, and this is NOTHING against you, but, I think you need to look at the "LEGENDS" status as a honor bestowed to members here that have done something to help THIS site become what it has become. I am not saying that his site is not a valueable resource for collectors with lots of great info, but, ALL the info on his site is here too and Jkaris and I made our own w/o using ANY info from his site. Jkaris and I did that to create a place for collectors to network and communicate together in a positive place...PERIOD. Now if we were to make a "DEALER LEGEND" tag, then I guess Bickmore, Hydra, & BermudaMohawk would be in the running...Hydra has reasonable prices, great discriptions of the condition of his toys, knowledge of his toys, & stellar seller reputation. Same w/ BermudaMohawk, Dave is another stand-up guy w/ killer knowledge of his toys, reasonable prices, great discriptions of his toys & stellar seller reputation.

This is the here and now...not the past...Hydra and BermudaMohawk have time and time again proven to be stand-up guys here and not let the past differences of the old BB Yahoo Group be a grudge (me as well). Everyone BUT Bickmore has let the past go. I would love nothing more than Bickmore to be an active/positive contributing member here to help this forum be stronger than ever...not to mention, it is a benefit to him that this place allows EVERYONE to sell their toys in an open market setting as long as the seller and buyer continue to hold descent feedback.

These are only my personal opinions and nothing more...but, seriously, keep in mind this site and it's members when considering a "LEGENDS" vote.

TGB

#46 dabbuu

dabbuu

Serious Collector

• 573 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 12:44 PM

I'm sorry that you disagree with me tgb but Bickmore, whether you like him or not, deserves it more than anybody. He is the reason myself Lord and I'm sure many others even collect battle beast now. I have also learnt more information on battle beasts from super toy archive than anywhere else. Sorry I guess we are just going to have to disagree. Lord also deserves it for sure with everything he's shared including the greek beast the Euro shields "no one really understood how rare these were until he came around." I can also see Hydra as a possible legend too. :D

dabbuu

My personal view of "LEGENDS" status is for members HERE that have contributed to THIS site and it's collectors, not solely on your own private site w/o any positive contribution to this site.

He doesn't post here (only a couple of times to defend himself), he doesn't reply to pms here (he has only replied to 1 or 2 of the ones I have sent him), he doesn't contribute information or photos here, he doesn't contribute at all here or to the collectors here.

Your quote, "Bickmore, whether you like him or not, deserves it more than anybody." to me, is ridiculous. I am not out to argue this with you, and this is NOTHING against you, but, I think you need to look at the "LEGENDS" status as a honor bestowed to members here that have done something to help THIS site become what it has become. I am not saying that his site is not a valueable resource for collectors with lots of great info, but, ALL the info on his site is here too and Jkaris and I made our own w/o using ANY info from his site. Jkaris and I did that to create a place for collectors to network and communicate together in a positive place...PERIOD. Now if we were to make a "DEALER LEGEND" tag, then I guess Bickmore, Hydra, & BermudaMohawk would be in the running...Hydra has reasonable prices, great discriptions of the condition of his toys, knowledge of his toys, & stellar seller reputation. Same w/ BermudaMohawk, Dave is another stand-up guy w/ killer knowledge of his toys, reasonable prices, great discriptions of his toys & stellar seller reputation.

This is the here and now...not the past...Hydra and BermudaMohawk have time and time again proven to be stand-up guys here and not let the past differences of the old BB Yahoo Group be a grudge (me as well). Everyone BUT Bickmore has let the past go. I would love nothing more than Bickmore to be an active/positive contributing member here to help this forum be stronger than ever...not to mention, it is a benefit to him that this place allows EVERYONE to sell their toys in an open market setting as long as the seller and buyer continue to hold descent feedback.

These are only my personal opinions and nothing more...but, seriously, keep in mind this site and it's members when considering a "LEGENDS" vote.

TGB

Okay, fair enough. I misunderstood the term "legend" then and Bickmore does not qualify :). My bad.
Posted Image

#47 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

Okay, fair enough. I misunderstood the term "legend" then and Bickmore does not qualify :). My bad.

Hey bro,
Like I said, "I am not out to argue this with you, and this is NOTHING against you." I do recognize the contribution he made building/updating HIS site and when it was the only visual guide to reference BB/LB EVERYONE used it. It was great for that era of BB/LB collecting.

I personally wish he would have opened his mind a little and came here to be a positive contributing member to this incredible group of collectors, but, he chose not to and now everyone came here (after the end of the BB Yahoo Group) and built this site to what it is now. I don't think anyone here would argue that this site is now THE site for Muscle, BB/LB, and other small plastic figures with a more complete experience to collecting/networking. LittleRubberGuys short of a G1 Muscle guide, FOP guide, etc... (which I WISH someone would take the initative to create) this site has it all! B)

The invitation is ALWAYS open to Bickmore to come here and be involved on any level he feels comfortable and no one will jump him for past issues, especially me. I have personally offered this to him along w/ face to face meetings @ WW CCC on multiple occasions and he has obviously decided to pass. None the less, there is no time frame for him to change his mind. He is welcome just like everyone else. :D

Sorry I felt the urge to go on about this, but, I felt I needed to point out my specific reasoning rather than let others think it was some silly grudge or over past issues. Rest assured it is NOT. ;)

Thanks for understanding my point of view...I respect that about you Issac. I hope you see that I too respect your opinion and understand why you felt he might be a consideration of your's. This is exactly the way this place works and I hope EVERYONE here reads this thread to see how 2 intelligent collectors can communicate in a positive way to understand each other's opinions. :D

TGB

Edited by THEGODBEAST, 22 July 2007 - 02:18 PM.

#48 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

You guys are both gaytarded.

Just kidding. We love you.

#49 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

Well as far as a G1 muscle guide, Soupie has done wonders with his MCIA site. The only thing it really lacks is a price guide, which in my opinion it could do fine without. Although his site isn't exactly a physical part of LRGs, I think with the vast assistance Soups has had from other members of these forums has made it an important part of this group. And it's pretty too. Pretty in Pink............O'doyl Rules!!!

Posted Image

#50 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

For the record, the Legends group isn't just for contributions to the site, but more for contributions to the LRG/MUSCLE/BB/LB/Kinnikuman community, as a whole. There are a few people who are legends that really haven't done much, as far as this board/site is concerned, but who's contributions were huge, nonetheless.

Now, announcing this round's selections:

Ok, not all the write-ups are done for the H.O.F. thread in the FAQ, but here are the 4 that are being inducted this round:

Lord
WhiteLeo
Soupie
Universal Ruler Supreme

Congrats guys! Thanks for everything you guys do for the community!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com