207 replies to this topic

#76 ModestlySizedBoss

ModestlySizedBoss

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

Is the Battle Belt evidence of a new Round?

#77 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

Is the Battle Belt evidence of a new Round?

Looks like it to me, considering the new character artwork.

#78 ModestlySizedBoss

ModestlySizedBoss

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

That's what I was thinking too. I really hope so. As frustrating as its been collecting these I'd love to start fresh with a new round with the information everyone has put together here.

#79 rotla

rotla

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:34 AM

Here are the codes and/or assortments I've found so far.  Some of them from the posts here!  Thank you!  Brandon

Oh, one more thing - the Mutant Mania website says that Reptiles of Rage are only available in the 8 packs and that the Astro Mutants are only available in the single and 8 packs.  Besides the truck and arena Mutants, the rest are available in all packs.  I found this by clicking on "My Mutants" then clicking on the character's picture.

Spoiler

#80 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

Well, is there a checklist inside the box of the Battle Belt?

#81 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

I only saw the belt on eBay.

#82 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

Yes, this is odd.  No info is on their website or eBay Australia.  

The opening bid price is not unreasonable.  5 watchers. I'm not going to bid.

Hopefully, Juggy will go for it and win!

#83 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

Here are some that I don't see in rotla's mega list above

(I didn’t write down the #'s on the back)

Single pack

EL 2521495

- 076 clear Hi Voltage

4-pack

Showing: 073 hammered head

Contents: 061 011 027

4-pack

Showing: 043 jaw-some

Contents: 049 023 100

8-pack

Showing: 073 hammered head / 089 arach attack

Contents: 035 002 010 054 115 056

8-pack

Showing: 071 claw breaker / 031 psycho skater

Contents: 094 068 005 107 058 104

8-pack

Showing: 007 eye sore / 029 zom punk

Contents: 064 004 074 053 111 090

Edited by Juggy, 13 March 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#84 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:47 PM

Has anyone actually completed a set?  From what I've read it looks like Juggy is closest.  I recently scored 2 Mutant Mania displays from local TRUs that had the figures on clearance/sale.  Managers at both let me have them for free.

#85 PaulEWog116

PaulEWog116

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

I need like 12 I think. So close yet so far. 

See my collection on Instagram. @Paul.Sewell.14

#86 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

I'm only interested in getting as many full painted figs as possible. I've let the 120 goal go. Have we ever seen photo evidence of Astro Mutants in the wild? I've only seen one in a Moose promo video for the wrestling ring.

#87 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

I recently scored 2 Mutant Mania displays from local TRUs that had the figures on clearance/sale.  Managers at both let me have them for free.

You've got to be kidding me. A manager told me $100, and I declined only because I realized that the figs are glued in hardcore.

#88 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

I recently scored 2 Mutant Mania displays from local TRUs that had the figures on clearance/sale.  Managers at both let me have them for free.

How did this conversation even take place?  You said, "can I have this?," and he said "sure." ?

#89 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

I've done that, just asked for a display and been given one. Happened at Target when I bought out their entire GPK Minikins grav box. Now given, that was just a carboard display, and not a gorgeous plastic enclosed case full of goodies - but it's not unheard of. If they had a display like that at my local TRU, I bet they would have kicked it down to me - those people HATE their job, and don't really care about thigs like that. At least not around here, they don't ;)

Edited by be9ine, 05 March 2015 - 03:05 PM.

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#90 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:26 PM

Ha! I bought the minikins display too, first week of release. The store never restocked :(

#91 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

Just to be clear, I am talking about the large plastic display with 34 figures inside, a few of which I have never seen in the wild. 

This seller wants $480 for one:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c4c3b5706

While we all know that is a ridiculous price, here is one that SOLD for $180:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c4a540f19

I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that this is exactly what Uriah is talking about, not some cardboard box. Giving someone a cardboard box is one thing, but they essentially gave him at least $360 -- just for asking -- it seems.

Attached Files

Edited by steverotters, 07 March 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#92 Uriah

Uriah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Yep. That's what I'm taking about. Photo of mine attached. The figures are glued in and their spines are glued so they are solid (which I actually like). The glue is heat sensitive, I know because I opened one of my displays and and removed the figures. i found another display at a TRU up north that I have my eye on :)

I just walked them up to the customer service counter and asked to speak with a manager. Both times the manager said they aren't supposed to sell displays or give them away and both times they gave me a wink and a nod and said, "but you can take it". These don't have any type of return instructions on them so the managers said they would eventually be thrown away. Amazing.

No idea why that is showing up upside down. But you get the idea. Me. Really happy with myself for scoring two displays from two consecutive visits to local TRUs.

Attached Files

#93 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:50 PM

what city are you in?

#94 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

Ha! I bought the minikins display too, first week of release. The store never restocked :(

Same :(

Yep. That's what I'm taking about. Photo of mine attached. The figures are glued in and their spines are glued so they are solid (which I actually like). The glue is heat sensitive, I know because I opened one of my displays and and removed the figures. i found another display at a TRU up north that I have my eye on :)

I just walked them up to the customer service counter and asked to speak with a manager. Both times the manager said they aren't supposed to sell displays or give them away and both times they gave me a wink and a nod and said, "but you can take it". These don't have any type of return instructions on them so the managers said they would eventually be thrown away. Amazing.

No idea why that is showing up upside down. But you get the idea. Me. Really happy with myself for scoring two displays from two consecutive visits to local TRUs.

Yep, saw your post over on FB. Totally jealous ;)

Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#95 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Dropped in to my local TRU today, and they've packed all their MM items in to one island, and everything is back at normal price. No new items , either.

For the hell of it, I asked an employee what they were planning to do with the Crashlings display they had, and the reply was that a vendor supplies, and removes all of their displays :-/
Now if only I could find a way to contact their vendor.....

#96 UltraSquid

UltraSquid

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

I got some more single packs that Rotla was missing from his list... I managed to score an Astro Mutant as well.

Attached Files

#97 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

I managed to score an Astro Mutant as well.

Congrats to that!  Are you finding these at TRU?  What city?  Aside from a few of the playsets, Monster Mania is completely gone at two TRUs in my city.  All 8-packs, 4-packs, single packs, and store displays are GONE.

#98 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

You must be in Canada -- I just noticed the bilingual packs.  This "wave" of figures has not and probably will not come to the US. 

The exact same thing happened when Trash Pack Series 1 came out. A particular wave came to the US (actually several), then a totally different wave came to Canada.  The late Canada wave featured the very first appearance of the "limited editions."  It was so long after the US release, that I completely doubted that the LEs even existed. The first and second pulls were by the same person who bought two packs at the same store right next to each other!

I just noticed that the Mutant Mania for Canada feature a separate website too.  Just launched.  The US and Australia website is the same, and it has been around several months.

The big question is, are you going to keep it or sell it? 

I believe you do have the very first verified Astro Mutant pull.

At least that anyone has shared online or tried to sell. I have been following eBay since the debut of Mutant Mania.  

If you are of the selling mind, it is probably to your advantage to get it on eBay right away, before others start showing up. 

Congrats again!  That is quite a pull!

Edited by steverotters, 08 March 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#99 rhino0408

rhino0408

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

I fell in love with these guys immediately. I was born in the early 80s and I have a fairly large collection of 80s-mid 90s toys. I have to say my favorite of all is my collection of Battle Beasts. I have spent years completing the set and moving on to playsets, vehicles, completing the weapons, etc. Also on this list of favorites would be Monster in my Pocket and MUSCLE Men. I started collecting again a few years ago when I found Jakks Pacific SLUG Zombies, which are pretty awesome too. The Mutant Mania fall right in this category of toys for me.

I first saw these back in January when a local Toys R Us was closing down in my area. I was able to buy 10 - 8 packs at 50% off. I am a regular collector but I knew nothing about these little guys. I made sure that the 10 packs I bought had a different combo of figures in the front window of the package. I got 80 figures total, 62 different figures. I was pretty happy with this. The next set I bought was about 10-15 4 packs. This is where is got disappointing to me... Out of 50-60 new figures, I only got 5 or 6 new ones. I tried one more time with the 4 packs since they were the only ones availbale, paying attention to the figures in the window.. bought 6 more packs. Not a single new figure. I ordered 2 - 8 packs on Toys R Us.com, not a single new figure in both 8 packs. Its getting hard to follow. They do not seel these toys anywhere but Toys R Us in the U.S. I haven't seen any new packs in Toys R Us in the past month or so and all the palysets/trucks are in a clearance section for 50% off. Hopefully these toys will not stop production. have had little luck on ebay finding the ones I need...

I have had little luck on ebay finding the ones I need, nor in stores...So my question for you fellow collectors, how can I find the figures that I need out there, whether it is buying strategy of new packs, ebay, trades?? I have at least 40 or more figures that I can trade to anyone that is trying to complete their collection. Let me know if you are interested.

#100 rhino0408

rhino0408

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:53 AM

Dropped in to my local TRU today, and they've packed all their MM items in to one island, and everything is back at normal price. No new items , either.

For the hell of it, I asked an employee what they were planning to do with the Crashlings display they had, and the reply was that a vendor supplies, and removes all of their displays :-/
Now if only I could find a way to contact their vendor.....

I got on the crashlings website and emailed them about getting a display. I saw one on ebay, but it was like $300. When I told the rep from the Crashlings company about the ebay post, they got very upset that something like that was out there. They said that they are supposed to retrieve these displays and was very dismissive when I asked if I could buy one. I did get an employee at TRU to give me the display box that holds the single crashlings packs. It has one in the window. Pretty cool...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com