2 replies to this topic

#1 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Has anyone else picked up any of the Yowie candy-and-a-LRG s that have started popping up?  I picked up a couple of them (on special for Christmas clearance) and was quite surprised.  They are molded 'monster shaped' chocolates with a kinder-egg style package inside, and inside that is a strip of paper and a figure!

The overall theme is environmental conservation, and the figures I got were the Ivory Billed Woodpecker and the Yowie Crag.  They're a little taller than MUSCLEs, and their painting reminds me of the toys you get at a museum (the woodpecker) or Gormitis.  They're not quite the Dragon Surprise figures, but they are a fourth of the price those were.

I thought I'd give ya'll a heads-up on the figures.  Also, the chocolate was good, quality chocolate and not the cheap knockoff stuff you usually find on this sort of thing.

(I have no sound, but the video itself is good)

http://www.candyblog...colate_with_toy

Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

We've talked about them a bit. For some reason though, I can't find the much bigger thread we had on the first American Yowies set when they were newer. Or did I somehow imagine that in a fever dream? I thought Steve made that. Maybe all the talk was somewhere else.

Rid reviewed some of the first series here and this was where we found out about the current series.

Currently I have a complete set of the first American Yowie series, and one or two figures from the second. Not sure if I'll be able to spend the money to amass the rest of the line this time around. I do appreciate the decent quality of the line, even if realistic animal figures aren't usually the sort of toy I collect. I'm also happy they went with complete figures in this incarnation and not the pieced-together figures of the original Australian variety from years back. Got my fill of that type of figure with Dino Magic, thanks.

Edited by BaltanII, 03 January 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#3 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:20 AM

I've yet to get any of these toys but I'll keep an eye out - I love animal figures, as evidenced by my Schleich collection.

Good to see you posting again Orgg! You were the first LRG member I talked to & traded with when I joined… 10 years ago?!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com