422 replies to this topic

#76 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

gold kelloggs... i dream of gold kelloggs...
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#77 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology and Mini Boglins. Drinking beer, sci fi and rock music.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

some of my boglins have a little sticker with a drawing, do you refer to that?

yes, that's them, the heat of a finger will do it

So it's not the Boglins themselves that change colour, but a wee sticker stuck to them?
No wonder mine don't change colour, haha. I haven't got any with stickers, in fact, I've never even seen one with a sticker on it before.

#78 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

some of my boglins have a little sticker with a drawing, do you refer to that?

yes, that's them, the heat of a finger will do it

So it's not the Boglins themselves that change colour, but a wee sticker stuck to them?
No wonder mine don't change colour, haha. I haven't got any with stickers, in fact, I've never even seen one with a sticker on it before.

he he! yep they are blue and when you rub them they ave a little pic and a number, maybe a boot or a can or a bone, if you wet em u will ruim them. lots of mine dont actually work now, they are no way in the same leage as the bb/lb rubs.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#79 capn_teeth

capn_teeth

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology and Mini Boglins. Drinking beer, sci fi and rock music.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

I remember once years ago getting a box of Coco Pops or something, and they came with a free Animal Hospital wounded animal. It was a puppy or something and it had a little red paw which you rubbed "better", and the red turned white like the rest of the dog's fur. I thought the Boglins would work in a similar way to that. Never mind, I'll just have to keep an eye open for Boglins with stickers on them, although I presume they're quite hard to find now. I haven't got any yet, and if they're easily damaged or peeled off, I suppose a lot of them will have been destroyed over the years by the children who had them first. I know if I had had any of them when I was wee, I'd probably have peeled them off or ripped them or something straight away, not to mention the fact that, before they were given away, my original mini boglin collection spent quite a long time in a box in the garden shed, being subjected to moisture and all sorts of dangerous outdoors stuff.

p.s could i see how you guys display all your boglins

Haha, here's how I display the majority of my Boglins:

Posted Image

It's the latest in old shoebox display technology. I'll get a shelf or something up one day, but I don't have either the space at the moment, or really a sizable enough Boglin collection to justify it yet.

Edited by capn_teeth, 08 July 2008 - 12:30 PM.

#80 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

Here's my current Mini Boglin display. Sorry the picture's so crappy, but the lighting in my toy room is pretty terrible right now. Need to get some better lights in there for picture taking.

Anyway, here's the deal. I've basically run out of room to display all my Boglins, so what's out on the shelf is just one of each sculpt. All the other colors i have are in the big jar there.

Posted Image
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#81 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

Here's my current Mini Boglin display. Sorry the picture's so crappy, but the lighting in my toy room is pretty terrible right now. Need to get some better lights in there for picture taking.

Anyway, here's the deal. I've basically run out of room to display all my Boglins, so what's out on the shelf is just one of each sculpt. All the other colors i have are in the big jar there.

Posted Image

thats well cool dude!
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#82 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

everyones displays are looking very kool

my plan is to make small shelfs to fit on my garage wall when i move into my new house. so i will probly have every thing set up in about a months time them i can start seaching for everything i need i will post pictures soon as i have everythiung set up.

how many people on this board own the gold ceral boglins and anyone remember how much the last one went for on ebay. how often do they show up ?

#83 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Stargate, Firefly, Doctor Who
    MUSCLE, Care Bears, Snorks, Boglins,
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

Nice display!! I see you use the same shelves that I used in my Star Trek room (except mine are grey). I am going to have to completely redo my Boglins display because I just won a lot of 163 (!!) on ebay. My shelf was overflowing as it was... :yucky:

Edited by Liz Sherman, 11 July 2008 - 02:45 AM.

Boglins I Need - any color
The Medievals: Scout Mors
The Prehistorics: Spy Dork
The Samurai: Scout Yell, Spy Yak, Spy Yum, Yen, Yule, Yarn, Yelp
Slimes: Splutter, Splurge

#84 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:10 AM

my plan is to make small shelfs to fit on my garage wall when i move into my new house. so i will probly have every thing set up in about a months time them i can start seaching for everything i need i will post pictures soon as i have everythiung set up.

how many people on this board own the gold ceral boglins and anyone remember how much the last one went for on ebay. how often do they show up ?

fi1tz has a gold kelloggs or two, i have just the one. seen some on yowie maggies site. i ckeck ebay all the time, i havent een more than one pop up. do you have one ur gonna sell?, dont just wack it on ebay, make sure you let ppl know what it is and tell all the ppl here i for one would pay a pretty penny for it. but if u just have one anyways i would love to see a pic.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#85 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

fi1tz has a gold kelloggs or two, i have just the one. seen some on yowie maggies site. i ckeck ebay all the time, i havent een more than one pop up. do you have one ur gonna sell?, dont just wack it on ebay, make sure you let ppl know what it is and tell all the ppl here i for one would pay a pretty penny for it. but if u just have one anyways i would love to see a pic.

Yeah, I have just the one I'm afraid!

Have you guys that like these little guys seen Tim's pictures on his site?? There's a picture of a mini-boglin being sculpted somewhere!!!

Posted Image

#86 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

i not here to sell i am here to start collecting and gather some infomation before i start i am a he man collector at heart and just finished my moc collection of classic items. now as a small break from that i going for something a bit different.

#87 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

i not here to sell i am here to start collecting and gather some infomation before i start i am a he man collector at heart and just finished my moc collection of classic items. now as a small break from that i going for something a bit different.

cool mate, well there are some pretty cool ppl on here the aformantioned f1tz being one. let us know if there is anything particular you need and i am sure ppl will be able to help u out.

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#88 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

well i keep finding muscle men and boglins all the time at bootfairs so i am going to sort them all out and see what i need. i will try at first to get a complete flesh and coloured set of muscle men and i will also try and collect all boglins in every colour

cool mate, well there are some pretty cool ppl on here the aformantioned f1tz being one. let us know if there is anything particular you need and i am sure ppl will be able to help u out.

oli

#89 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Nice display!! I see you use the same shelves that I used in my Star Trek room (except mine are grey). I am going to have to completely redo my Boglins display because I just won a lot of 163 (!!) on ebay. My shelf was overflowing as it was... ^_^

163, huh? That's pretty freakin' impressive. :o If you have any extras you wanna offload when they come in, let me know! :lol:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#90 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

This is my current Boglins display (finally got around to taking a decent picture).

Attached File  boglinshelf.jpg   319.91K   72 downloads

Scumdogg - as soon as I get that lot in and sort it I'll let you know what doubles I have.

#91 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

liz, i love that you've got the full-size boglins there too. i've still got my original dwork and the box from when i was a kid. i'm mostly interested in the origin of that chartreuse dwork on the right. where did you get that?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#92 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

That is a pretty rockin' display! I am so jealous of your full-size Boglins, i'm going to need to get some of those one day...all i've got is the minis and a couple finger puppets.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#93 Liz Sherman

Liz Sherman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
    Texas Rangers Baseball!!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

liz, i love that you've got the full-size boglins there too. i've still got my original dwork and the box from when i was a kid. i'm mostly interested in the origin of that chartreuse dwork on the right. where did you get that?

I had a full size when I was a kid but it got lost many years ago...it was a hand me down from my brother and I think I played with it more than he ever did...it was still in the box/cage and I loved it :wub:

I actually got Dwork and the purple one (in the middle...it looks blue in the pic) from Marty when he first started clearing out his toy collection. They are from the newer release (from the 90's maybe???). I am not sure if any others were released or just those two. They are freaking bright in person B)

That is a pretty rockin' display! I am so jealous of your full-size Boglins, i'm going to need to get some of those one day...all i've got is the minis and a couple finger puppets.

Thanks :D Other than the two I got from Marty I just kept checking ebay until a lot came up with a decent price. If you are patient you can get them pretty cheap. I really want the Halloween boglins but they are NEVER cheap :(

Edited by Liz Sherman, 11 July 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#94 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

I really want the Halloween boglins but they are NEVER cheap :wub:

no kidding. this bog-o-bones is out of control pricey. however, it is in great condition it looks like. not like most of the boglins that pop up on ebay. most of the time you're lucky to just find one without any amputations. there's another drool for sale, still sealed in the box. it too is hitting the high dollaridoos though. too bad i love mine so much. i might be able to get a decent price for it.

EDIT: found this pic on the manufacturer's website.

Posted Image

Edited by dankingery, 12 July 2008 - 03:01 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#95 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:02 AM

my first slime boglin :p

Attached Files

#96 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

i not set them all up but this gives u an idea

Attached Files

#97 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:38 AM

very nice :D

Posted Image

#98 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:49 AM

cant wait to see ur "new addition" on display its too cool

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

#99 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:24 AM

yep cant wait to have this set up on the wall with all my other cases will look kool.

#100 evil-orko

evil-orko

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

oh yes gold kellogs added who else owns one ?

and please someone continue the boglin data base i would love to see that working

Attached Files

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com