• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

If I do not get offered the price in my mind between now and selling all the posters I may well put it in to auction with a reserve price.

Smart decision.  Make sure you give Jkaris and at least one Council member the reserve price if you go that route, and start the auction at the highest offer you received through private message.  You can still do that if the offer comes from someone who says: "if you put it up for auction, I'm not bidding."  That person may not bid, but I guarantee you others will.  You have a gem, and it should be treated as such.

Edited by walker13.1, 16 October 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#27 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

1.  However, it's the low-balling that I can't get my head around. Don't think we can decide what a low-ball offer is since one has not been sold before.

2.  But I believe that if someone has already offered the guy $100 yesterday on this item, he cannot be accused of low-balling.

1.  We can't decide what is a fair offer either because we haven't seen one.  Based on history's past, we all know members here make offers through private message to save money.  They don't make an offer through private message to give a seller full item's worth. 

2.  I disagree with your $100 comment. 

Edited by walker13.1, 16 October 2013 - 04:43 AM.

#28 jmckinnon316

jmckinnon316

Serious Collector

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

1.  We can't decide what is a fair offer either because we haven't seen one.  Based on history's past, we all know members here make offers through private message to save money.  They don't make an offer through private message to give a seller full item's worth. 

2.  I disagree with your $100 comment. 

Cool - we're allowed to disagree. That's what's good about us both living in democracies!

:)

My NEEDS List: HERE
My Collection: WORKING ON IT!

#29 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Just to be clear guys the dispenser is my pride and joy and was not initially for sale.
It would take a serious offer to get me to sell, I certainly would not sell for $100 Lol.
BANNED!

#30 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

It would take a serious offer to get me to sell, I certainly would not sell for $100 Lol.

My feelings exactly. 

#31 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Just to be clear guys the dispenser is my pride and joy and was not initially for sale.

Like J said, don't let anyone push you into selling your baby.
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#32 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Like J said, don't let anyone push you into selling your baby.

I couldn't agree more.  If you value it at a high $ amount that others won't pay, that is your right.  Don't let others talk you down from it.  You have the only known poster dispenser right now, and I highly doubt we'll see another one any time soon.  You have to be comfortable with selling it knowing you're not going to see it again. 

I'm sure we all would love to know more about how you got it and stuff. 

#33 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

Once I have sold the majority of the posters I will add some details pictures of the dispenser and give you all the back story of how I came to own it. But for now I still have some posters to sell so if any of you forum guys need one just holla, as I have said before they are going fast so if you want one of the better ones get in quick guys.

W
BANNED!

#34 SmokinGun

SmokinGun

Weird, Wild Wrestler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2182 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

Well there. I never knew they gave them away in stores like that.

I don't think the dispenser were even displayed at a store. From what the MUSCLE 28-pack box reads, to get a poster you have send a few proof of purchases to the distributor. Possible the poster dispenser could come from the distributor?

#35 Matlock

Matlock

My name is matlock and i am a lrg addict.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E.
    Nintendo - NES,SNES,N64,GB,GBA,DS,3DS
    Lego- Mini Figs
    Micro Machines.
    BB.
    GPK.Cheapies, and OS Cards.
    Minikins.
    Bouncy balls.
    Dice.
    Dino's.
    Trash pack.
    Homies.
    Slugs.
    MIMP.
    Savage Mondo Blitzers.
    Uglies.
    Customs.
    All other cool looking little rubber guys!!
    Hand Blown Glass.
    Pliers.
    Marbles.
    Rocks/Minerals
    Knives.
    Hats.
    Old mason jars.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

In my honest opinion, That thing is priceless, and I wouldn't be surprised if at auction it went for $1000.00 maybe even more.   1 of a kind in my book. Id definitely keep it, and get it insured, and find some sort of display case for it. and keep it out of the sun , don't want it to fade.

Brown chicken , brown cow

#36 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I don't think the dispenser were even displayed at a store. From what the MUSCLE 28-pack box reads, to get a poster you have send a few proof of purchases to the distributor. Possible the poster dispenser could come from the distributor?

It seems pretty clear that the dispenser was intended for store display.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#37 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Well if it was one of a kind as it seems it maybe you guys buying the posters could use that to your advantage as it means they too are a one off and not the usual Mail-away :)

That said they are the exact same poster and size as the mail-away but you can use me and this thread as your proof of authenticity.
BANNED!

#38 Biffard

Biffard

Team Truffle Shuffle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Well if it was one of a kind as it seems it maybe you guys buying the posters could use that to your advantage as it means they too are a one off and not the usual Mail-away :)

That said they are the exact same poster and size as the mail-away but you can use me and this thread as your proof of authenticity.

Ha ha, nice salesmanship but that might be a little of a stretch. :)

#39 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

The posters aren't one of a kind.  The color posters are more valuable, but even those aren't one of a kind.  I think the price you sold to the person in the Sightings thread was fair. 

#40 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yeah I am knocking them out in three grades due to the white paper stuck to the bottom left corner and some have small tares.
The price grades are:
£20 grade 1 small amount of paper.
£10 grade 2 larger amount of paper.
£7.50 grade 3 small tare or rip.
I think this is a fair price and gives everyone a chance to own one at a reasonable price.
I certainly do not want to rip anyone off.
I have one currently on Ebay but would rather sell here to both save on fee's and to know it will be in a collection and not just resold at an inflated price.
Running low on grade 1's so be quick if you want one.

Thanks W
BANNED!

#41 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Sweet score on this! Hopefully you sell out quick.

That said if someone out there really wants it PM me with your best offer as it may not reach auction if I get the right price.

Sorry, but this is against the rules. If you are going to take offers on something, it needs to be done publicly and NOT via PM. You are more than welcome to run a board auction and even to set a reserve, but you can not take offers privately.

#42 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

Sorry Jkaris , as a newbie to the forum I was not aware of this. 

Consider my wrists slapped :)

I still have some posters left on offer guys.

I have had a couple of people whom have made enquiries that have not come back to me to date.

If you guys seriously want a poster please let me know as no sale is final until payment is received.

Cheers fella's.

BANNED!

#43 walker13.1

walker13.1

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4950 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

Sweet score on this! Hopefully you sell out quick.

Sorry, but this is against the rules. If you are going to take offers on something, it needs to be done publicly and NOT via PM. You are more than welcome to run a board auction and even to set a reserve, but you can not take offers privately.

Bravo.  :clapping:

#44 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Sorry Jkaris , as a newbie to the forum I was not aware of this. 
Consider my wrists slapped :)

I still have some posters left on offer guys.

I have had a couple of people whom have made enquiries that have not come back to me to date.
If you guys seriously want a poster please let me know as no sale is final until payment is received.

Cheers fella's.

No worries. :)

#45 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Bump.
BANNED!

#46 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

Hi Guys I am thinking of letting the one of a kind poster dispenser along with a few posters to go inside if anyone is interested?

Thanks Warren :)

BANNED!

#47 piratedave

piratedave

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Star Wars, M.A.S.K., Hot Wheels, comic books, old video games

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

YEAH! I remember them like that. Kay-Bee Toys had them.... I never bought one. So sad.

I love the smell of opened action figures in the morning! It smells like....victory!

#48 imperfecz

imperfecz

Götter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4302 posts
  • Interests:stuff n stuff

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Entirely possible that after 3 years, the iron has cooled.

#49 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, these days I don't think we have quite as many folk here who are willing to drop 500 dollars on a piece of cardboard.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#50 wolforrest

wolforrest

Budding Collector

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:11 AM

I never said anything about price, but thanks for your input.

This is the only known one out there so I am sure someone will want it, and I hope that I do not burst your bubble Strontium dog but M.U.S.C.L.E. men are only made of plastic ;)

Thought I'd give the collectors first dibs but if you are right I may as well head straight over to Ebay  :blink:

Edited by wolforrest, 07 May 2016 - 02:15 AM.

BANNED!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com