Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Beastformers: Earth Squad Project

PlasticPlayhouse PeterHernandez BeastformersProject Custom EarthSquad BattleBeasts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Earth Squad Poll (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite Earth Squad member?

1. Commander Chameleon (6 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Conjurer Cobra (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. Guardsman Gator (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

4. Inspector Iguana (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

5. Legatus Lizard (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Sergeant Snake (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

7. Terrific Tutor Turtle (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

8. Trooper Toad (1 votes [6.67%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

earth-squad-banner-lrg.gif

Its been almost two years ago since I first showed one of the custom figures (Trooper Toad) related to this project out here in the Battle Beasts area HERE. A custom figure done by PlasticPlayhouse that turned out so awesome I directly informed if he had time to make me a couple more customs. In the same line as that first figure I forwarded him the remaining Reptiles/Amphibians that can be found amongst the 76 Battle Beasts with the request to paint them up according to some references. A couple of months or maybe a year later 8 great figures returned and they turned out so well I wanted to do them even more justice so I contacted our well known and respected sketch artist Peter Hernandez with the request to transform these 8 Battle Beasts into a sketch version similar to the traditional Battle Beasts drawings which are present on the boxes and packaging. After having forwarded him some side views of each individual figure and a lot of discussions back and forth I received the final version of the sketch (digital) last month. With this artwork I hope I'll be able to honor both of these artists as well as an important message launching this project:

Earth Squad

These are the members of the Earth Squad and each one of these is a protector of the ecosystem in which they live and they are all asigned with individual qualities so that they can operate as a team to protect and restore the balance on our planet Earth as a team. 

commander-chameleon-lrg.pngconjurer-cobra-lrg.pngguardsman-gator-lrg.pnginspector-iguana-lrg.png

legatus-lizard-lrg.pngsergeant-snake-lrg.pngterrific-tutor-turtle-lrg.pngtrooper-toad-lrg.png

The whole project has been quite a challenge most probably for the artists themselves as well but as always its been a privilege for me to work with these great guys because without them I would not have been able to create such a project and add such awesome figures and artwork to my private collection so I'd like to thank them again because they both deserve all the honor and credits here;  

PlasticPlayhouse

Peterh01

More info and pics of the figs and about this project can be found on the blog.

Attached Files

Edited by GJNL, 15 December 2013 - 02:43 PM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Here are the ID's of each member including their skills;

commander-chameleon-id-lrg.jpg

conjurer-cobra-id-lrg.jpg

guardsman-gator-id-lrg.jpg

inspector-iguana-id-lrg.jpg

legatus-lizard-id-lrg.jpg

sergeant-snake-id-lrg.jpg

terrific-tutor-turtle-id-lrg.jpg

trooper-toad-id-lrg.jpg

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

This is insanely cool.

I'm speechless. That's how cool it is.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#4 PlasticPlayhouse

PlasticPlayhouse

Mr. SparkleTits

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:TMNT, m.u.s.c.l.e., GPK's, Classic NES, Transformers...pretty much anything pop-culture related from the 80's & 90's

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

this is a great project and a lot of fun to work on :D

Want to commission me to customize your m.u.s.c.l.e. or any other figure??? then click the link below for further info and message (PM) me if interested :)

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69686&pid=351254&st=0&#entry351254

#5 peterh01

peterh01

Commissioned Art Available!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:Flesh - M.U.S.C.L.E.s, Flesh - Kinnikuman Keshi (Non M.U.S.C.L.E. Men sculpts), Battle Beasts, Vintage Star Wars, Mattel Battlestar Galactica, Mattel Flash Gordon, Mattel Clash of the Titans, Blackstar, Vintage MOTU, Vintage TMNT, Vintage Thundercats, Silverhawks, Vintage Gremlins, Filmation Ghostbusters, Kenner Real Ghostbusters, Kenner Swamp Thing, Kenner Terminator, Kenner Aliens & Kenner Predator!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

This is a great project & it has been a big challenge for all of us, but as always its been a lot of fun!

Thanks GJNL and PlasticPlayhouse for this great opportunity to worked with you guys! :good:

My feedback: http://www.littlerub...feedback&u=4151

Commissioned Art Available!

Visit peterh01's Art Thread: http://www.littlerub...opic=43836&st=0

deviantART: http://peterh01.deviantart.com/

#6 sanjeev

sanjeev

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Killer work...all around!

--
Sanjeev

instagram

blog

#7 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

This is a great project. I love it. I love when people take a custom project, and rather than just being a new color scheme for a figure, they develop a whole story around it. Just gives the customs that much more character to them.

Boy, this was a tough call for me though. The reptiles and amphibians are my favorite of the battle beasts. I could have easily chosen any of these guys. The snake would be an obvious choice for me. (I want Sergeant Snake for my army! Hahah) I also love the Inspector Iguana and Legatus Lizard a ton. But, I have to go with Commander Chameleon. Chameleon is still my favorite battle beast, has been for 25 years now. I had to vote for him. I am making a clan of different chameleon warriors, and this reminds me so much of what I would have done.

Great job everyone on this project. I love the results.

#8 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Incredible project.

#9 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thanks for the positive replies so far, its always good and interesting to receive some feedback from fellow collectors since I've to stay sharp as well ;)

But think this project is a promissing one for the future in which I'll probably have a few more projects running but these will be even more complex with more artists involved so as always it can take a while again before a new project will be presented.

For now just one more shot of the incredible Earth Squad!

11457214904_6b4900bb63_z.jpg

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#10 fett42

fett42

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Battle Beasts, Glyos, OMFG, Vinyl figures

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Pretty cool idea. I love how all of the figures look, especially the chameleon.

#11 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:31 PM

Sweet! 

#12 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:39 AM

15487605531_12d1a3ed38_o.jpg

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#13 susha

susha

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:22 AM

and these can be bought from the shop?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PlasticPlayhouse, PeterHernandez, BeastformersProject, Custom, EarthSquad, BattleBeasts

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com