Star Wars MIGHTY MUGGS

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#51 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:45 PM

That's odd. My two don't have any balancing trouble. Maybe your Chewbacca has vertigo. :)

I went by my local walmart again today, (they seem to stock on Sunday) But there wasn't any there, nor were there any new Star Wars figs at all. The same ones that have been there for ages. This walmart was pretty good about fresh stock when it first opened, but now it hardly ever gets any new figures. Guess they are still sluggish from this past Christmas. I mean who's gonna buy toys after that.

Anywho, I'll keep checking when I get the chance, but I may have to swing by Target to see if anything new has popped up there. I'm really wanting a Boba Fett. Just wish he came with a gun.

Posted Image

#52 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:53 PM

That's odd. My two don't have any balancing trouble. Maybe your Chewbacca has vertigo. :)

Upon closer inspection, i retract my balancing complaint. See, we had planned to set these guys up on top of the TV since we don't really have any proper shelf space set aside for Star Wars stuff, and sometimes new acquisitions get housed atop the tv to show them off for a while. Turns out the tv's just not completely level, and i was able to compensate with other figures because they have poseable legs. I put Chewie on a regular shelf and he's plenty stable now.

But i'm still of the opinion that if they're gonna keep putting random peg-holes in toys' feet, more toys need to come with little bases to stand on. :p
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#53 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

Well,they put out the new series of Mighty Muggs at my Target today.
Mace Windu,Luke Skywalker,Obi Wan Kenobi,and C3PO.
Even if I had the $$ I woulda passed on them. Not very interesting characters IMO.

#54 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

Haha! Thanks for keeping this topic fresh CZ, I didn't feel like looking for it. :p

Well, I made my trek today. The closest Wal-mart to me is now officially the slackest Walmart in my area. They never restock the toys, and they never have anything new. :lol: So I skipped them, and went straight to Target! Cause they usually restock pretty well. But strangely they hadn't restocked the Star Wars figs at all since my last visit when I got my Chewbacca and Darth. :( They had the same leftovers, and in fact had the same three Han Solo Mighty Muggs. I was dashed. :no:

So I decided that I could swing by the walmart that was practically next to Target. They always seem stocked up, and at the very least maybe they would have something interesting! :p

So I go in and go straight to the toys. I start looking through the basic figs, and to my amazement they had a bunch of new stock! I was really only looking for concepts and the 30th Boba Fett Comic 2pack, and they had like 5 of them! YAY!! I could now finish my 30th ann Boba Collection! I was also about to pick up the Cool Trooper Comic pack that looked Hella Awesome, but I looked down, and low and behold! MIGHTY MUGGS!!! I couldn't believe it! There were Boba Fetts everywhere! And Then Behind the Boba Fetts, Stormtroopers! And beside the Troopers Darth Mauls! :D Boy was I a happy camper! I felt like a little kid again. :p So I found me a buggy, and sadly put back the trooper pack. :yes: Cause all I had on me was enough to get the Boba Fett 2 pack, the Boba MM, and the Stormtrooper MM! I looked at Maul, and really didn't care for him.

So at the moment I am done with Mighty Muggs. I have the 4 from the first run that I wanted, and none of the second set really interests me. I may look into C3PO, but he is a bit dull. I'll open the Trooper MM, but I'm sure I'll leave the Boba in his box. He just looks good on my shelf with the other MOC 30th Boba Fett figs I have sitting up there.

The Storm Trooper is awesome! He has a cool little gun! If you picky be careful. There were about 5 Troopers there, but they get rushed with the paint apps, and only one had straight black paint on his arms. The rest looked a bit runny.

Who knows, I might open all my Bobas when the prices drop more. They just look really good in their packaging. They did a really good job with the Packing quality of the 30th anniversary figs. The best I've seen since the Vintage line.

Sorry for the long read, I just had a pretty good day is all. :D

Posted Image

#55 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

Awesome day URS ! It's always nice to find everything you're looking for. :)

#56 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

I like the Mighty Muggs, already have the full set for sometime now. Of course Boba was the first one to get and he is still my favorite one of the bunch. Now I just gotta wait until series 2 comes out so that I can get those as well.

Posted Image

#57 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

I grabbed a Stormtrooper over the weekend myself, URS! He's pretty awesome..got lucky with the paint i guess, mine's really clean. Still want to pick up Maul and Boba, and then probably C-3PO out of the next wave...which i'm a bit dismayed to learn is already on shelves. Hasbro needs to slow down sometimes.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#58 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

I know! Hasbro actually hurts their customers by releasing so much stuff at once! I mean last year alone they released well over 150 figures! Just from the Basic line. I mean I've spent over 40 bucks on the Mighty Muggs in the past month! :D It's so easy to get caught up in toylines, and the next thing you know your broke and hurtin. I swear I had to just walk out of the toy isle the other day and not look back! I was so close to buying all the different 25th anniversary Gi Joe figures they had at Walmart! :p I convinced myself I didn't need them since I have most of the original figures. :p And they didn't cost me more than .50 cents each. :D Also the fact that the quality of the vintage ones is so much superior to the new ones.

Posted Image

#59 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:21 PM

New series confirmed at Toy Fair!
http://jediinsider.c...=10922&blogid=1

#60 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

Man... thanks a lot guys. :p

It starts out innocently enough...i see these on here, tell the wife about 'em...she sees 'em in a store, and suddenly we've got a Chewbacca. Then the Stormtrooper. Then we started to see Series 2 and worried that Series 1 might be in limited supply now. So over the weekend we got Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader. Oh, and C-3PO. SIX of these guys now. I wasn't even going to buy any. :)

We also got a new bookshelf so we can display them in the living room. :)

On the plus side the Marvel ones will be an easy sell now. :yes:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#61 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

Man! Those are awesome! This entire series looks great! Gosh! How the devil can I afford all of these?! :lol:

Ones I'd like to get from this set:

Jango Fett
Lando (maybe, it's hard to pass up a black man with such a nice smile :D )
Clone Trooper (cody?)
Yoda (is he smaller than everyone else? Or is it just the picture.)
Grievous
Luke (maybe, this one looks pretty cool)
Leia (maybe....her buns look cool. :p )

I just don't like the Emperor at all.

Posted Image

#62 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

I thought the Emperor was one of the best ones. A nice surprise too, because Mrs. Scumdogg was just saying today how she required and Emperor and a Yoda. :lol: My favorite one out of this pictured wave is Lando though, hands down. Now i need to find some sort of other vinyl figure that comes with a 40 bottle i can give him.

This Bespin Luke is also a million times better than the wave 2 Luke. Every Luke figure needs to be shipped with a black eye. Teach him to be such a whiner. :p
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#63 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Marvel Mighty Muggs are coming soon ! They look pretty cool. The IRON MAN figure is an SDCC exclusive.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attached Files

#64 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

:lol: I can't stand it!!! Those are even more awesomer than the Star Wars versions! :p I can't afford all this new crap!

Posted Image

#65 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Crap on a crutch!! Those are awesome!!!!

I know someone posted about the Marvel Muggs a while ago, with a wave that had Wolverine, Venom, and a couple others...is that still the first wave, or are these ones coming out first now? Any word on release dates?
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#66 Czarcher

Czarcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:26 PM

Crap on a crutch!! Those are awesome!!!!

I know someone posted about the Marvel Muggs a while ago, with a wave that had Wolverine, Venom, and a couple others...is that still the first wave, or are these ones coming out first now? Any word on release dates?

Not sure on release dates. And I had heard also,by word of mouth,about Wolverine,and others,but I have not seen any promo pics of those ones.

Edit: I had also heard by word of mouth,that the Marvel ones were gonna have the standard sizes,plus a bigger version/mold of the figure!

Edited by Czarcher, 25 February 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#67 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

Whoa, now those are bad ass. I really like that Cap and the Thing!

#68 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

Saw the first wave of Marvel Mighty Muggs in Wal-Mart tonight. I'd stopped in just to pick up a binder, walked over to browse their never-updated toy section, and all four of them were sitting there on a shelf. Actually, my wife spotted them first. -_-

They also had a few of the new Star Wars ones in.

We ended up walking out of there with Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Lando. :notme:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#69 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:38 AM

Crap, the new MM are out already. :notme: No money sucks.

Posted Image

#70 Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*

Guest_CHEAPTOYMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

I picked up Chewbacca also (love his bowcaster!)...and he looks great chillin' with my Munny and mini figs. I've seen Clone Commander Cody at my local Target...as well as Princess Leia. Lando looks like a pretty cool figure. :D

Well surprise surprise. Stopped through the toy department at Wal-Mart today looking for Dragon Magic eggs and ended up leaving with a Mighty Muggs Chewbacca. Wasn't me, it was the wife, i swear.

He IS pretty cool though... Although his heavy head leaves him a bit more unbalanced than i'd like for a figure that's so symmetrical. And what is up with that square peghole in his foot? They're never gonna use that! These things should come with stands.

#71 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

two more on the way for Marvel: Thanos and Red Skull! Exclusive to Previews, so better go order them now!Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

That's odd. My two don't have any balancing trouble. Maybe your Chewbacca has vertigo. :lol:

I agree with you on that, URS. Mighty Muggs may or not have vertigo and that might just be a butt buster for people who like their guys to stand up. When I like for them to stand up, I make sure that they stand up during RPG Dice Roll Battle time. Otherwise, if they don't stand up, they could at least float in the air. :lol:

So I go in and go straight to the toys. I start looking through the basic figs, and to my amazement they had a bunch of new stock! I was really only looking for concepts and the 30th Boba Fett Comic 2pack, and they had like 5 of them! YAY!! I could now finish my 30th ann Boba Collection! I was also about to pick up the Cool Trooper Comic pack that looked Hella Awesome, but I looked down, and low and behold! MIGHTY MUGGS!!! I couldn't believe it! There were Boba Fetts everywhere! And Then Behind the Boba Fetts, Stormtroopers! And beside the Troopers Darth Mauls! :) Boy was I a happy camper! I felt like a little kid again. :p So I found me a buggy, and sadly put back the trooper pack. :D

I hardly have any room left for bigger guys anymore and sometimes I don't know where to put them. :lol:

Now that I about how big these guy are, I just figured that I wasn't going to buy any of these guys, anyway. There's way too much going on for me with the smaller guys. :D
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#73 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

I preordered my Thanos & Red Skull a couple weeks ago. Damn though, i paid $35! I miss the days before the internet takeover when my friendly local comic book guy would get me stuff out of Previews without some ridiculous markup. :p Oh well. If any Mighty Muggs are worth a ridiculous markup, it's these guys!

two more on the way for Marvel: Thanos and Red Skull! Exclusive to Previews, so better go order them now!Posted Image

A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#74 Sniper33

Sniper33

Local Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2912 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

Picked these up today:
Posted Image

Action Shot!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

Man the Marvel figs look great! I saw the new set the other day at Walmart, and Ghost Rider was pretty cool, and Wolvie actually has claws. You guys seen the Indiana Jones ones? I can't possibly imagine anyone buying those. :) I was also surprised they made the guy who pulls peoples hearts out, and they actually gave him a little heart accessory....totally evil, children shouldn't play with him. :huh: I was tempted to pick up a Lando that was rotting behind the marvels, but I found a Fett Legacy evolutions set I'd been wanting.....soooo... if anyone actually saw my star wars figs in the got toys thread....they aren't for sale anymore. :p

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com