Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

You scummy little slimebags! (Slimy Sludge Rot)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

Not even these heavy gauge toxic waste drums can contain these hideous aberrations!  

(Extras are trade eligible.)

IMG_0499_zpsv3gait90.jpg

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#2 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:32 PM

Still a fan of these--they're some of my favorite recent minis. It would be cool if they'd release some more. There's a bunch of other sculpts from the foreign releases that were planned (not sure if those ever made it out in any countries or not).

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#3 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

Still a fan of these--they're some of my favorite recent minis. It would be cool if they'd release some more. There's a bunch of other sculpts from the foreign releases that were planned (not sure if those ever made it out in any countries or not).

Yeah, they are neat.  Not for $3-$5 each, though.  Damn.   When I was a kid, these would be in the quarter machines.....am I that old?

If you've got toys/games for me, I can get whichever spares you need out to you on Wednesday.   :thumbsup:

Also, I'm proud to say that I own four of the six monsters shown in your little pic!   :turned:

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#4 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, they are neat.  Not for $3-$5 each, though.  Damn.   When I was a kid, these would be in the quarter machines.....am I that old?

If you've got toys/games for me, I can get whichever spares you need out to you on Wednesday.   :thumbsup:

Also, I'm proud to say that I own four of the six monsters shown in your little pic!   :turned:

Oh thanks, I managed to complete a set a while back though, so I don't need any. :)

Yeah, they were pricey at $3 per bag. I'd rather have paid less and just got the figures without the slime. I never know what the hell to do with that slime, haha

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#5 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:50 PM

Oh thanks, I managed to complete a set a while back though, so I don't need any. :)

Yeah, they were pricey at $3 per bag. I'd rather have paid less and just got the figures without the slime. I never know what the hell to do with that slime, haha

Ah, good.  Truth told, I'll probably end up offering them all, in time.

I play with the slime for a bit, over the sink, then just flush it down with hot water.  Regarding those Toxic drums, I bought a few cases a while back because I liked the cans.  The slime went rancid (no odor, but each had a mold spot), so I'm going to flush it all away and soak the awesome drums.  Win!

#6 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

collect the slime...let it harden, and then sculpt it into something cool

#7 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

collect the slime...let it harden, and then sculpt it into something cool

I'm going to now save all my slimes and send them to you!  I want the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock!!

:lol:

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

Regarding those Toxic drums, I bought a few cases a while back because I liked the cans.  The slime went rancid (no odor, but each had a mold spot), so I'm going to flush it all away and soak the awesome drums.  Win!

I picked up a whole slew of these from Dollar Tree to use as TMNT display props; in retrospect it probably would have been cheaper to just buy a case. :p

I have a few different colors but the aqua glows the best by far. They also made a solid-black opaque barrel with what I assume is black slime, but yeah after seeing them get all moldy I decided to leave the remainder of them sealed up. Might keep them from drying out as well.

Attached File  2014-06-04_01-07-49.jpg   96.53K   3 downloads

#9 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

Cool shot, Bachamn.  I think I can make out Bebop, Rocksteady, and another ugly bastard.   Love that warm toxic glow!

Yeah, I left my cases sealed, as well, but they still molded.   :(   I've got a pic of them, in the case, developing various molds....wanna see?

;)

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

in that pic actually is Toka, Rahzar (from the second film) and Wyrm in the front. Rocksteady is just out of frame, but I haven't re-acquired a Bebop yet sadly.

and yeah I'd like to see that, though it makes me wonder why none of mine have yet, had them for I guess about 2 years now and the only one that formed mold was the one I opened and put back in the canister.

Edited by bachamn, 04 August 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#11 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:14 AM

in that pic actually is Toka, Rahzar (from the second film) and Wyrm in the front. Rocksteady is just out of frame, but I haven't re-acquired a Bebop yet sadly.

and yeah I'd like to see that, though it makes me wonder why none of mine have yet, had them for I guess about 2 years now and the only one that formed mold was the one I opened and put back in the canister.

Gotta give me points, though -- it's a dark pic and I have very poor eyesight!   To be fair, Tokka and Rahzar were Henson's stand-ins for Bebop and Rocksteady in that film.   ;)  (Something about budget constraints and costume issues, depending on who you talk to...)

I tried to get a good angle, hopefully you can see the green fuzzy swirls -

(Please pay no mind to the tiny New Year's Baby in that one drum.)

IMG_0501_zpsboydwaev.jpg

Look at these little weirdos that escaped from this other drum!  Proof positive of the mutagenic effects!

IMG_0497_zpse9xtn00a.jpg

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

I tried to get a good angle, hopefully you can see the green fuzzy swirls

hmm are you sure that's mold? I noticed this in mine as well when I got them from the store, but observed that it's the glow dust that's not mixed well into the slime. The red ones I have specifically are like this (as the ones you show above) and do not glow well as a result, except for those globs of dust. The aqua seems to be better-mixed, and thus glows brighter as I mentioned.

Test it out; put them in the dark and check to see if those little clumps glow brighter than the rest of the slime?

#13 TinyPink

TinyPink

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

hmm are you sure that's mold? I noticed this in mine as well when I got them from the store, but observed that it's the glow dust that's not mixed well into the slime. The red ones I have specifically are like this (as the ones you show above) and do not glow well as a result, except for those globs of dust. The aqua seems to be better-mixed, and thus glows brighter as I mentioned.

Test it out; put them in the dark and check to see if those little clumps glow brighter than the rest of the slime?

Brilliant!  You are exactly right!   B)

So I guess we are supposed to shake the hell out of 'em.

You just saved the slime from wriggling down the sink drain!    Not that I really want the slime, but still.  You can see why I thought it was mold, though, yeah?

#14 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• 3561 posts
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

I just assumed it was a manufacturing flaw. Guessing the dust is probably mixed into the substance when it's still in a quasi-liquid state before it congeals into "slime", which would help the powder to distribute evenly. Poor initial mixing or adding powder after it started to congeal could cause this, and would explain why none of the aqua cans I have show any settled dust in them. I'm not sure if you'll be able to mix it in or not, but it could be worth a shot. 

but yeah I can see how you'd think it was mold

btw how many different cans do you have? Believe I have Aqua, Red, Green, Pink slime in the clear barrels, and then the black barrels. Wasn't sure if I had picked up all of them or not.

Edited by bachamn, 04 August 2015 - 12:19 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com