2 replies to this topic

#1 Luminayre

Luminayre

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hi everyone.  I'm just wondinering if anyone  might have some information on this tow truck I've had since I was a kid.  I'm not sure if it's from the 1980's or early '90's.  I tried searching the name all over the internet but nothing came up.  The bottom says it's made by a company called iLLCO - made in Thailand.

It's about 7" inches long and 6.5" inches high, but it can also pull the bottom up for some reason and it raises it's height (see pictures for best explanation).  I'm not sure why the makers allowed it to do this.  It's a wind up vehicle as well, just pull back and it goes off.  Thank you all in advance!

Attached Files

#2 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

We should totally ask this guy for more info. http://www.ebay.com/itm/321735128928 :p

What I can find suggests that your truck is probably from the 80s. It could be from the 90s but Illco was bought out by Tyco in 1992, so it's a smaller release window. "Stretch Back Up N Go" yields no hits but clearly the raising of the wheels was the big gimmick of this truck's toyline.

#3 Luminayre

Luminayre

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

LOL.  As you can see I am clearing out my toy chest from when I was a kid.  Thank you for the info!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stretch, Back, Up, Backup, Go, Tow Truck, Tow, Truck, Toy, 24 Hour

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com