105 replies to this topic

#76 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

I've lost about $1000 in pledges over the past 5 days.  It was basically 3 larger backers decreasing or cancelling their pledges, but it has hurt a lot!

If anyone is on the fence, now is the time!  I'm afraid that if it appears to be failing, more people might drop out.  These toys are going to see the light of day,  I've put in way too much time and money to not see this through, so please help back the Kickstarter if you can--it will help a lot!

Edited by EdGein, 22 May 2018 - 06:21 PM.

#77 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:toys, toy design, scultping, inventing

Posted 23 May 2018 - 05:23 AM

I've lost about $1000 in pledges over the past 5 days.  It was basically 3 larger backers decreasing or cancelling their pledges, but it has hurt a lot!

If anyone is on the fence, now is the time!  I'm afraid that if it appears to be failing, more people might drop out.  These toys are going to see the light of day,  I've put in way too much time and money to not see this through, so please help back the Kickstarter if you can--it will help a lot!

I'll buy one regardless if it succeeds in Kickstarter. 

#78 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

I still think there might be a lot of people other than me who would buy partial sets or singular Series 2 sculpts, but I realize that would be a great deal of extra work casting and painting them, especially keeping track of exactly which figures every person wanted.

#79 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

I'll buy one regardless if it succeeds in Kickstarter. 

Good to know dude, thanks!

I still think there might be a lot of people other than me who would buy partial sets or singular Series 2 sculpts, but I realize that would be a great deal of extra work casting and painting them, especially keeping track of exactly which figures every person wanted.

I'll probably make a couple sets to break up sometime in the future as I've had a handful of people showing interest.  It will just have to wait, I'm too busy, haha!  Not related to the Kickstarter, but just a separate thing down the road!

Edited by EdGein, 23 May 2018 - 01:09 PM.

#80 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:54 PM

Sorry to hear you've lost a few backers! I'm not a backer at the moment, but I have been anxiously watching your campaign to see if it succeeds.

My fingers are crossed for you, dude!

Like eddie said, I'm interested regardless. Fingers crossed you can figure it out either way.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#81 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

I'm aware of a handful of people that are yet to back, so I think it can still go alright.  I'm just hoping people aren't holding back waiting until it's successful, because I need those people to make it successful now, haha!

#82 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

I think idea is great. I am very excited over the large figures. But was not excited of reissuing the series 2 figures.

#83 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:19 PM

That's understandable, I knew it might be a little bit controversial with some collectors, but I would like to say I'm doing this thoughtfully. I'm keeping the series 2 sets limited, and am marking them so that they are not confused with and cannot be passed of as the 1992 release. I am very opposed to bootlegging, but these are licensed reproductions, not bootlegs.

I don't intend to devalue the original toys, I would still happily buy a set of originals myself, I don't even have one. And if it helps, I've only sold 2 sets so far--and it's not, and never will be, an open run, it's limited.

That said, I understand, and I don'tt want collectors to think I'm flooding the market or trying to devalue the originals. It's a very limited release to hopefully fill a hole in collections that would otherwise not be filled.

#84 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

One week left!!

If you're at Five Points Fest this weekend, you can swing by the Tenacious Toys booth #234 and see a set of the Trash Bag Bunch XL prototypes!

#85 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:22 PM

Disappointed that people really have concerns about the s2's being "devalued." That should be a good thing! I understand the frustration of someone shelling out money on something that becomes cheaper down the road, but that's a risk everyone knows they're taking with toys, and I think fans should want sculpts as accessible to other fans as possible.

The fact that you're legally and physically able to reproduce the TBBS2 sculpts is the most exciting toy news, to me, in decades. I'm not saying the XL figures aren't amazing but the S2 rerelease could carry a project all its own, and it's kinda heartbreaking that it's only available to people who have half a thousand bucks to drop on a full set, for a promotion that's SO limited, and that you may have already sworn off the possibility of mass production just to please a few possessive collectors.

If it matters so much to keep the originals rare, couldn't there just be drastic new colors? Neon? Glow? Greyscale? Archie Mcphee's finger monsters look gorgeous in their newer greyscale variants, like B-movie monsters.

https://cdn.shopify....pg?v=1520535348

Edited by scythemantis, 01 June 2018 - 03:12 PM.

#86 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:01 PM

It's not like that really.

1) hardly anyone has bought them from the Kickstarter, so "keeping them limited" isn't making them unavailable to people who want them.

2) the audience doesn't exist to mass produce these.  I'd need to sell hundreds of sets to even get close to covering costs.  It's not about pleasing possessive collectors.

3) At $400 a set, that's only $33 per figure, which is A) quite a bit below what the originals go for and B ) not crazy at all when you look at the prices of other independently created mini figures especially when you consider that C) they are licensed and D) they are fully painted

See Deadly Delivery toys and Justin Ishmael toys for similar prices: $20-25 for minis that aren't fully painted.

Edited by EdGein, 01 June 2018 - 09:05 PM.

#87 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

I know all that, it just irked me that it sounded as if anyone was worried about it being "like a bootleg."

I think some other things I've been saying are being misunderstood, though. What I've been trying to say is that I think a lot of people would happily drop $50 or more on just one of those figures. That's what I can afford on a rare and special item, maybe once or twice a year, and I don't think I'm unusual here. The typical hobbyist, if not the typical human overall, has maybe around five bucks a week left over for toys or gaming or other frivolities, which is why the kickstarter overall is looking like it's going to be such a close call, if it is successful.

It was very smart to offer the pins, which I might end up getting. I'm not trying to complain here, I'm just being realistic. It looks like you're going to have a really close call if it succeeds, and I don't think that's because of TBB's obscurity, given that all-original figures can also succeed on KS. It's just that we're all dirt poor these days :p

Edited by scythemantis, 03 June 2018 - 06:55 PM.

#88 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

I see what you're saying.

Truth be told, the Kickstarter doesn't even come close to covering costs.

#89 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

I can imagine, with the cost of materials nowadays. By vinyl figure standards the XL TBB *are* reasonable, but I knew it'd still be more than a lot of people I know can handle. There's just no good way around that anymore, so you definitely have to rely on a pretty hardcore collector demographic.

Fortunately that same demographic cares little about name recognition and tends to just go for toys that really stand out visually. Down the road you could probably grab more of that niche with metallic multicolor editions, that seems to be a sofubi trend that just never dies and I've seen people pay $300 just for one figure in that style.

Edited by scythemantis, 03 June 2018 - 09:41 PM.

#90 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

Just upped my backing. Its so close. It has to make it.

#91 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:39 AM

I can imagine, with the cost of materials nowadays. By vinyl figure standards the XL TBB *are* reasonable, but I knew it'd still be more than a lot of people I know can handle. There's just no good way around that anymore, so you definitely have to rely on a pretty hardcore collector demographic.

Fortunately that same demographic cares little about name recognition and tends to just go for toys that really stand out visually. Down the road you could probably grab more of that niche with metallic multicolor editions, that seems to be a sofubi trend that just never dies and I've seen people pay $300 just for one figure in that style.

To be honest it's not so much the paint app, but who painted it and if there's a possibility of making a profit down the road. Vinyl collectors are hard to impress if you don't have a following as an artist.

#92 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

Just upped my backing. Its so close. It has to make it.

Thanks man!  Really closing in on it!

#93 Eddieinthecity

Eddieinthecity

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:24 AM

Congrats ! Goal hit !

#94 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

YES!

Thanks!!

#95 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Yay! I can't wait to get a giant Muckoid :)

Congrats on the funding!

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#96 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Thanks--I'm very happy!  And I have a sinking feeling that the work has just begun, haha!

#97 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 03:56 AM

Would have liked to have backed but the 20% tax + £8 handling we pay in the UK just kills it unfortunately.

<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#98 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

congrats! Wound up unable to back after all. If I start saving now I might have enough to get one when they release next year though! Sad you didn't reach any stretch goals this time though

#99 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

Tried to buy a regular Muck and Lice... never done a Kick, they told me since I already pledged..... I cannot pledge again. Shocking

#100 EdGein

EdGein

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

There will be options to buy later on, don't worry!

I'll probably put up a pre-order on the LRT site, but also, once I have stock arriving in the country, it'll be no problem at all for anyone who wants to get them!

Edited by EdGein, 04 July 2018 - 10:27 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com