49 replies to this topic

#26 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

haven't seen these anywhere yet in central texas.. but then again we seem to lag quite a bit behind in new toy distribution :unsure:

#27 SuedeWilson

SuedeWilson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

Nothing here yet in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area either....hoping to find some this weekend maybe, but then again I'm usually too optimistic. :D

#28 punisher

punisher

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

I have only seen these at walmart so far, and they have restocked the shelves since the last time I was in. All of the series 1 I found were at toys r us. I also live in Ontario, and it is weird that wave 2 came here so fast, since I waited months for the first wave to get here.

#29 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

Wave 2 should be coming out in my area soon. They just clearanced out the Wave 1's at $1 a pack. I just happened to come across the aisle as they were marking them down. I saved them the trouble of stickering the rest of them <_<

#30 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

ACK!!! WHAT STORE!! :cry: I bet it's just an area thing. <_< I've been trying to find the time to swing out to search for these on sale, and find the new MU figs this week, but haven't. Was gonna today, but it started sleeting...then the roads got icy.

And the best part is, although I'll surely be awake, I will have to wait till 1:30 today before I can even shop for this crap. <_< That's soooo unconstitutional. Stupid Blue Laws are interfering with my pursuit of happiness. :)

Posted Image

#31 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:48 AM

for $1 a pack i may start buying these again. i haven't been toy shopping in over a month. i wonder what i've been missing. prolly nothing around here since utah seems to be the last destination for anything.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#32 GoreVidalMeaty

GoreVidalMeaty

Trojan Trebuchet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Interests:Toyfinity, Wrangler jeans, MIMP ALL series,
    M.U.S.C.L.E. Things and the mighty ARCO Red Lizardman.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

Out here in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY, I have not seen any Wave 2 Handful del Heroes, but the Walmarts have discounted them even further from $4.50 to $3.00. I picked up 4 more packs because I was missing Absorbing Man and Human Torch. I figured, what the hell... If I find any Wave 2, I will post.

#33 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

I'm pretty sure it was just a one store thing. I showed up to one of the Walmarts in my area at 1 in the morning and they were marking two of the three aisles down like banshees. I asked what was going on and they said they needed to have two aisles clearanced out by February 1 for a reset. One employee was just about to mark some of the 3" DC figures and I asked "hey how much are those".
He said "if you take them all, you tell me".
"How bout a buck each?"
No hesitation. "sold"
Freakin ridiculous. So I asked do all the walmarts have this deadline and he said he was pretty sure they did, so after paying for my completely full shopping cart, for the next two hours I drove to the other three Walmarts in my area and found no other sales unfortunately. So I think this must have been an internal mandate by the store manager, cause some of the discounts were just unreal. $5 for Giant Man/Skrulls. $5 for GIJoe Ninja Showdowns. Got like 5 board games for $2 each, Leapster games for $3 each. I looked at my receipt where it says "you saved $X.XX" over the regular price and I saved $480! I had only spent $120! One of the other three walmarts I hit was completely barren of clearance stuff and had spring garden items in their place when last week they still had dozens each of Debacks, AT-ST's, Skywarps etc. so they must have already done their purge.
So we know this major downsizing is happening at Walmarts across the country, and that a lot of our walmarts are still full of exclusive toy stock. So if your Walmart still has it all there, it might be worth your while to hit it in the middle of the night fairly often over the next few weeks.

Edited by phillinley, 31 January 2010 - 10:26 AM.

#34 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Ha! So much for clearing some space in your toy rooms! :huh:

It's been well over a decade since I've seen amazing discounts as your describing in my area. The last thing I bought for a $1 on clearance at any Wal-mart was a Batman figure.

Posted Image

#35 phillinley

phillinley

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Ha! So much for clearing some space in your toy rooms! :huh:

Well I got 25 packs, so I'm sure I'll have doubles. Given my good fortune, once I get these sorted out, all the doubles are going up for free + 50 cents for postage to everyone here.

#36 SuedeWilson

SuedeWilson

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Well I got 25 packs, so I'm sure I'll have doubles. Given my good fortune, once I get these sorted out, all the doubles are going up for free + 50 cents for postage to everyone here.

Wow, congrats on the great deals, that is awesome! If you find yourself in ownership of an extra solid Captain America in those packs, let me know, its the last one I need to finish my wave 1 set, and would love to get it done before wave 2 shows up! :huh:

#37 MrMunkeepants

MrMunkeepants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

make sure you post in the trade thread!

I came with news of wave 2, and realized you had all found it first :blink:
big thanks for the new checklist scan, punisher! and for the descriptions - some (like Spidey on the gargoyle) look pretty ridiculous when you can't tell what they are. any chance of a scan, or patching a few close-ups together?

#38 punisher

punisher

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

Here is a pic of the new sculpts that I have found, hope this helps.

Attached Files

• Attached File  hh2.JPG   120.96K   28 downloads

#39 MrMunkeepants

MrMunkeepants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:26 PM

Here is a pic of the new sculpts that I have found, hope this helps.

those are really good pics, Punisher, thank you :)

#40 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

I must say, I just got my first solid purple Venom, and while I do not like the fact that the second wave of HOH is half re-colored first wave figures... The purple Venom looks really flippin' sweet.
Kind of makes me wish that they'd do all of the figures in all of the colors.
The city is not a concrete jungle, it is a human zoo.

#41 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, picked up 3 packs at TRU this past Saturday. One pack had clear purple Nightcrawler. I really like that hue. More true to character than black. I think of Nightcrawler with purplish/bluish for primary color. Not black. So the solid version of purple is a gray/purple, right? I also got a Punisher & Thor with that gray/purple color. So I assume they would be the same purple as my clear Nightcrawler?
On another note, Onslaught is awesome. I've got 2 clears for him. It's strange. Onslaught's sculpt looks like some 80s video game character to me. Either the helmet, armor, or shoulder gauntlet-thingies or send me down nostalgia lane for some inexplicable reason. I think I churned out some sort of space soldier figs as a kid that kind of subconciously relates to him.
So far my favorite Wave 2 fig is Bi-beast. Simply awesome. I have him in solid and it really shows off the details well. The double head feature is in beautiful mutated form along with his beastly syndactyly and knobby skin.

JinRail, where have you been finding HoH? I can only find them at TRU. One Wal-Wart in my region had been carrying them but has since clearanced them and hasn't picked them up again. :)

#42 MrMunkeepants

MrMunkeepants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

One pack had clear purple Nightcrawler. I really like that hue. More true to character than black. I think of Nightcrawler with purplish/bluish for primary color. Not black. So the solid version of purple is a gray/purple, right? I also got a Punisher & Thor with that gray/purple color. So I assume they would be the same purple as my clear Nightcrawler?

I like the lavender better, too; I happened to get a solid one, so see if my pic helps. the bottom row (Thor, Punisher, Surfer) is a more blue-gray than the lavender of Nightcrawler.

Attached Files

#43 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

Oh Wow! That Nightcrawler in your pic is a deep purple. I have only 1 Thor and he is solid and grayish/purple as well as my only solid Punisher. I was expecting Nightcrawler to follow suit with grayish/purple too.

To correct a previous post statement. I "churned out" space soldier figs from money machines.

#44 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

Yeah, picked up 3 packs at TRU this past Saturday. One pack had clear purple Nightcrawler. I really like that hue. More true to character than black. I think of Nightcrawler with purplish/bluish for primary color. Not black. So the solid version of purple is a gray/purple, right? I also got a Punisher & Thor with that gray/purple color. So I assume they would be the same purple as my clear Nightcrawler?
On another note, Onslaught is awesome. I've got 2 clears for him. It's strange. Onslaught's sculpt looks like some 80s video game character to me. Either the helmet, armor, or shoulder gauntlet-thingies or send me down nostalgia lane for some inexplicable reason. I think I churned out some sort of space soldier figs as a kid that kind of subconciously relates to him.
So far my favorite Wave 2 fig is Bi-beast. Simply awesome. I have him in solid and it really shows off the details well. The double head feature is in beautiful mutated form along with his beastly syndactyly and knobby skin.

JinRail, where have you been finding HoH? I can only find them at TRU. One Wal-Wart in my region had been carrying them but has since clearanced them and hasn't picked them up again. :KS:

I also have only been able to find wave 2 at TRU.
But, they've done a pretty decent job of keeping them stocked.
I'd like to see them do a larger packaging of them, though...

But, alas.

#45 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:50 AM

I also have only been able to find wave 2 at TRU.
But, they've done a pretty decent job of keeping them stocked.
I'd like to see them do a larger packaging of them, though...

But, alas.

That's a very good point. What problems would Hasbro have with doing a 20 pack? Oh I know. They would make less $ per fig! But still, they did it with MUSCLEs back in the day. Maybe if this damn economy would pick up and more people were buying they would have an incentive to move products in larger bulks.

#46 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

That's a very good point. What problems would Hasbro have with doing a 20 pack? Oh I know. They would make less $ per fig! But still, they did it with MUSCLEs back in the day. Maybe if this damn economy would pick up and more people were buying they would have an incentive to move products in larger bulks.

Also, it'd be an easier sell, if they'd produce the figures in all of the colors they offer. It'd make hunting down your favorites more fun, I think.

I'd also like to see more obscure characters, and more key villains... I.E., Sleepwalker, Ultron, Constrictor, Taskmaster, Apocalypse, Moon Knight, and perhaps some of the characters from the AoA.

#47 MrMunkeepants

MrMunkeepants

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

I'd love to see a cityscape display package like the old MiMP volcano! a bunch of figures, and a great way to display the favorites

Also, it'd be an easier sell, if they'd produce the figures in all of the colors they offer. It'd make hunting down your favorites more fun, I think.
I'd also like to see more obscure characters, and more key villains... I.E., Sleepwalker, Ultron, Constrictor, Taskmaster, Apocalypse, Moon Knight, and perhaps some of the characters from the AoA.

point 1: I (and I'm sure many others) are picky, hunting for specific versions of characters. if they made each in a million colors, if would be even harder to do that.
point 2: there are a ton of characters that would make more sense than what they've produced so far, who knows who is making the selection decisions at Hasbro? go over to the old wave 2 speculation thread to see some of our picks

#48 Jinrail

Jinrail

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

I see your points... However, having a broader selection would keeping sending me to the well, so to speak. Being able to purchase these little buggers in larger quantities, would do the same.
It'd at least occupy my idle hands, while waiting for a potential wave 3... Ghost Rider? I mean, there is such a wealth of characters to pick from... Do we really need ten more iron men?

#49 phantomeye

phantomeye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Moon Knight...Mr. Fantastic...Daredevil...

#50 handfulocool

handfulocool

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I collect MUSCLES, SLUG zombies, G.I. Joes, Comics, and Masters of the Universe :D

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

I haven't seen any Series 2 yet. Just last night I saw at my local Walmart discounted stock of wave 1 HoH to $4.50 from $5.97. Walmart has been discounting a ton of their after holiday stock. Still some good finds left, but I am out in Ronkonkoma, NY.

Today I picked up two packes of wave 2 figures but I can only find them at TRU and I have some for trade if anyones interested please message me. :)

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com