• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:53 AM

Great, if I have to beat mask hunt that will take forever. The AI is so stupid on that. The other guy uses specials all the time, will use "mask the end" without me initiating it, and before a character is close to ko....and he's even pinned the opponent when we were both at full ><

Yeah, that part was kind of frustrating. I came up with a strategy that worked most of the time. I played using Neptuneman, and I immediately went after the guy whose mask I wanted. If I wanted to beat the guy down quick, I'd do a neckbreaker, then pick him up and do it again, over and over (especially on Akuma Shogun, when he's powered up, sometimes your moves have no effect) and wait for Budo to catch up. You don't have to beat your opponent down too much in most cases, I even did a mask the end when the guy had over half his power and I still won the match and got his mask. If you're trying to bide your time (if your opponent is worn down and you don't want to inflict any more damage), I'd do a move (neckbreaker, bulldog, etc.) then a ground technique, or just let him lay on the ground until he gets up. It depends on his remaining power. Also, you know that you can fight a match, get a mask, stop and save then start over, not really doing the survival mode but getting all the masks. The game will usually throw a guy in there that you need at the first match. I hope some of this helps.

#27 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:15 AM

wait hold on a minute.....do i need to get all the wrestlers masks that are on the list? or do i need to beat the current number one rank to beat mask mode and unlock more characters?

#28 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 03 July 2004 - 08:59 AM

wait hold on a minute.....do i need to get all the wrestlers masks that are on the list? or do i need to beat the current number one rank to beat mask mode and unlock more characters?

You have to get all the masks on the list of masked wrestlers. Once you get one and the game saves, you don't have to get it again....

#29 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:30 PM

Got the game a few days ago, I got mine at Gamestop and they gave me a Kid Muscle (Ult. Muscle 6.5") figure and a demo of the game on the back. So that was a nice surprise. Anyway this page was a lot of help since ive been pulling my hair out trying to unlock new characters. So far i've only unlocked Mongolman (Lomeinman? :lol:) and Sunshine Supreme, that Cursed Roller is the only attack in any video game ive ever played that actually gave me a few shivers. My only gripes is that I liked the Toy mode on UM better, and some of the name changes are pretty pathetic and un-nessisary. Like the above mentioned Lomeinman, and Beatlebomb, also they made him a Brit for whatever reason even though he's obviously a native american. Oh anyone catch some of the special cinemas if you face certain characters together? It's intresting because they incorporate a lot of the actual Kin. storyline, like putting Ramenman against Brocken Jr. and Kinnikuman against Ramenman. Very intresting.

#30 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:58 PM

While unlocking a found a couple that werent listed,

Prince Lou Ow - Win Tag. Tournament mode with Kinnikuman and Mongolman

Lord Flash - Win Tournament mode with Robin Mask

Neptuneman - Same as Lord Flash.

Big the Budo - Win Tournament mode with Kevin Mask

Ashuraman - Win Tournament mode with Kid Muscle (regular)

Pentagon - Win Tag Tournament Mode with Neptuneman and Big the Budo

Edited by Mr. S, 05 July 2004 - 05:56 PM.

#31 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:40 PM

Well, I've unlocked all the characters but I still am missing one thing. Does anyone know how to access there alternate costumes e.g. Buffaloman with his shoulder pad and strap, tan Ashuraman rather than blue. These guys show up in the Survival mode, but I haven't seen anywhere how to make the playable characters change....

You tried pressing different buttons or hold on a button or somethin', I don't know! :lol:

Hold select and press square, not all of the characters have alternate outfits/colors though, the ones I know for sure that have them are...

-Ashuraman
-Suguru (regular)
-Grandpa
-Warsman
-Robin Mask
-Big The Budo
-Neptuneman
-Broken
-Terryman
-Mongol Man
-Ramen Man

And a few others too...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#32 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:33 AM

Well, I've unlocked all the characters but I still am missing one thing. Does anyone know how to access there alternate costumes e.g. Buffaloman with his shoulder pad and strap, tan Ashuraman rather than blue. These guys show up in the Survival mode, but I haven't seen anywhere how to make the playable characters change....

You tried pressing different buttons or hold on a button or somethin', I don't know! :huh:

Hold select and press square, not all of the characters have alternate outfits/colors though, the ones I know for sure that have them are...

-Ashuraman
-Suguru (regular)
-Grandpa
-Warsman
-Robin Mask
-Big The Budo
-Neptuneman
-Broken
-Terryman
-Mongol Man
-Ramen Man

And a few others too...

Very cool, thanks!

#33 WarsmanandRamenmanrule

WarsmanandRamenmanrule

I can't think of anything good

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 05:43 PM

Are a bunch of the characters clones of eachother? Someone said that they might be, but I wanna know for sure. Oh, and is the Muscle Gravity in this game?

#34 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:01 PM

some are while others have a different move set that thier orginal character like Commander King Muscle compared to King Muscle

while others like Kid Muscle's clone, Chojin Kid has all the same movesets as Kid muscle but with one extra attack extra which is the Muscle Curtain Attack.

No Muscle Gravity isnt in the game....Kid still uses the Muscle Mullenium as his Lvl 3 Attack

#35 Khaos Kruzer

Khaos Kruzer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:22 PM

I just got the game today (I got lucky: all the places that sell video games in this city [Winnipeg, to be specific] either got no copies, or just one copy).

Some of the name changes aren't too too bad (although some are the worst ever):

Ashuraman / Shivano - The first refers to a female Hindu demon, the second refers to a male Hindu god. Not too bad of a change.

Malace / Mars - Says the second one is a reference to the god of war. Actually does fit.

Neptune King / Posiden - The first one is the Roman name of the ocean god. The second is the Greek name. Not too bad.

Canadaman / Manitoban - Manitoba is one of Canada's provences (Winnipeg is its capitol). None of us up here are complaining.

Pentagon / Starface - They could have done worse (eg. Cosmo Flyer - eeewww).

The Ninja / Ninja Ned - They kept "The Ninja" in the first game. Why make the worst change now?

Major manual screw-up: Shivano / Ashuraman's group category listed as the "Sinister Six" :blink: . Wasn't that the name of the group that Spider-Man had to fight?

At least they call the Sunshine + Shivano / Checkmate move "hell combination" instead of "hot combination", like the first one. And they still call Neptuneman and Big the Budo the "Hell Missionaries".

Checkmate is alot better. He can now use all four of his forms. His level three is much more brutal: it starts with knight kick, then stone stockade, and ends with pile driver stallion style.

I agree that it needs less clones. Several of these guys could have just been extra costumes.

Next game (if they make another) will probably have Kinnikuman Phoenix, Big Body, Zebra, etc. Makes you wonder what sort of contenders to the throne Mantaro will have to face.
Okay, I have a hole in my head. So what?

#36 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:32 AM

Next game (if they make another) will probably have Kinnikuman Phoenix, Big Body, Zebra, etc. Makes you wonder what sort of contenders to the throne Mantaro will have to face.

Wouldent they all be old, out of shape men by now? so then instead Mantaro would have to face thier Sons or whatever other person shows up?

Edited by ssbmMARIOmaster, 08 July 2004 - 06:34 AM.

#37 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:51 AM

Does anyone Know all the Character interactions in the game and enough time to list them all?

#38 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 08:55 AM

Wouldent they all be old, out of shape men by now? so then instead Mantaro would have to face thier Sons or whatever other person shows up?

But all of the other legends aren't old and out of shape, are they?

Edited by Goriki, 08 July 2004 - 08:55 AM.

#39 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:42 PM

But all of the other legends aren't old and out of shape, are they?

In the games there in thier good old fashioned fighting shape, if you watch Ultimat Muscle (Kinnikuman Ni Sei) you see them how they really are, though I think Kinnikuman's future self is a bit....... exagerated I cant imagine anyone being THAT out of shape and he shouldnt be THAT old I mean Kid Muscles only 20 something right? Plus Kinnikuman Soldier is still in fighting shape, but with a fashionable beard welded to his mask, so I would imagine if the remaining Kinnikumen kept in good shape they would still face as a big challenge.

About the character interactions... ive found a bunch and if I can find em all, it would be easiest to make a chart. Anyway heres a bunch I found

Kinnikuman (King Muscle) - Kid Muscle
Kinnikuman - Ramen Man
Kinnikuman - Robin Mask
Kinnikuman - Kinkotsuman (Skullduggery)
Kinnikuman - Prince Lou Ow
Kinnikuman - Terryman
Kinnikuman - Buffaloman / Buffalo Rampage
Kinnikuman - Barracuda (same as Robin Mask)
Kinnikuman - Mayumi (Grandpa)

Kid Muscle - Kevin Mask
Kid Muscle - Bone Cold
Kid Muscle - Ramenman
Kid Muscle - Hanzo
Kid Muscle - Ricardo (Evil)
Kid Muscle - Mayumi (Grandpa)

Mayumi - Vance Mc Madd

Kinkotsuman (Bone Cold) - SKullduggery

Ramenman - Broken Jr.

Terryman - Ashuraman (Shivano)

Terry Kenyon - Eskara

Robin Mask - Warsman

Ninja.......Ned :blink: - Hanzo

Ill post more as I find em.

#40 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:43 AM

Thanks Mr. S About the character interactions. It helps me out alot. I too will also post any character interactions that i come across that arent on the list there.

Taking a second look at the 1st generation i guess they arent as old and as out of shape as i presumed and can still pack a hard punch if the time should ever arise.
After all with age comes experience and knowledge. :blink:

#41 wickytwack

wickytwack

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:18 PM

there's a special interaction for robin mask & warsman vs. neptune man &big budo. i found this out by accident while playing mask hunt mode.

also, as far as getting the alternate color costumes, just press square, no need to hold select.

#42 YoshiAngemon

YoshiAngemon

Butt-faced Recap man.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:50 AM

Wouldn't the Chojin Crown Kid Muscle have the Muscle Gravity Super Move?
"Bonjour! Monsieur Cheeks here, with the Chojin Crown News du Jour! ... So, without further ado, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!" -- Monsieur Cheeks.

#43 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:29 AM

Wouldn't the Chojin Crown Kid Muscle have the Muscle Gravity Super Move?

He should, but sadly he still uses his Muscle Mullenieum as his lvl 3 finisher move.
:woot:

#44 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

A tag team interaction I found was

Powerhouse 4000 (Mongolman/Buffaloman) - Hell Missionaries (Big Budo/Neptuneman)

#45 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 10:54 PM

What is the easiest way to get lots of kin medals?

Also, why is it in the mask hunt mode, when I try to do the mask the end LV.3 special on a character whose mask I need, it doesnt give it to me. I only have 4 masks so far. Is there a special way to do it that I don't know about?

And is there a way to play mask hunt with 2 players, because the computer really sucks nuts. ;)
Posted Image

#46 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:38 AM

I'm not sure one way is better than the other....

Also, why is it in the mask hunt mode, when I try to do the mask the end LV.3 special on a character whose mask I need, it doesnt give it to me. I only have 4 masks so far. Is there a special way to do it that I don't know about?

You have to end the match with Mask the End. Usually you have to beat the guy down to less than half his power.

And is there a way to play mask hunt with 2 players, because the computer really sucks nuts.

Don't think so....

#47 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:11 AM

Well I ended up getting abunch just trying to unlock everyone in tournament mode. Another good way is to play Mask Hunt mode, since you get 13 Kin medlas for each mask you get. In Tournament mode I think you get 16-24 Kin Medals for each Tournamnet victory. Other than that, playing lots with a pal is a good way to get Kin Medals.

You have to K.O that particular character with Mask the End mode. As long as it's a masked character and there K.Oed with Mask the End, the match will automatically end. I suggest beating them down untill they have about 1/2-1/3 of thier health left.

And is there a way to play mask hunt with 2 players, because the computer really sucks nuts. ;)

I wish, but yes the CPU player is pretty much deisgned to mess up in every way imaginable. I have to face with these every time I play Mask Hunt,
1. They use Mask the End too early
2. They use Mask the End on THE WRONG CHARACTER >_<
3. They use too many Lvl 1 and 2 attacks so they dont get to Lvl 3.
4. They K.O the Masked opponent
5. They Pin Fall the masked opponent, usually when their at low healtha nd were both at Lvl 3.

Ways I get around the idiot CPU is I pick the opponent I want to get the mask from at the start, I just hang around him beating him down and then I have to wait for us both to get to Lvl 3 power, which may take a while. In order to keep the CPU from usuing mask the end when I get to Lvl 3 and I know Mask the End wont KO anyone, I just use a Lvl 1 attack and keep doing that till the time is right. Even with this, it's VERY Hard to win.

#48 ssbmMARIOmaster

ssbmMARIOmaster

A Mario Manic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:58 AM

The way i beat it was when i collected a mask form the first match of mask hunt mode, If i did or didnt get the mask then i would reset the mode. I noticed That every first match of mask hunt mode that a character that you havent got a mask form would appear on the very first match.

Sorry to go off topic but ive noticed that certain clones like Kid muscle and Chojin Kid have some differences you really might not have noticed.

Kid muscle is a bit faster in attacking and dodging speed i think. But his Muscle Power gains slower and goes down faster compared to Chojin Kid's. Chojin Kid has an Extra Special attack in the air which is the Muscle Curtain Attack and a dishes a bit more damage than Kid Muscle does.

Edited by ssbmMARIOmaster, 02 August 2004 - 08:05 AM.

#49 Mr. S

Mr. S

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:02 AM

The way i beat it was when i collected a mask form the first match of mask hunt mode, If i did or didnt get the mask then i would reset the mode. I noticed That every first match of mask hunt mode that a character that you havent got a mask form would appear on the very first match.

The only problem with that method is you lose all the Kin medals.

#50 smackman

smackman

Dark Lord Magus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1380 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for your help guys! ;) I knew someone here would know. It does seem that you get the most medals from tournament mode.(18 I think).
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com